Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Deadass

Savant
72 hours in, still at chapter 9 :negative:

Moink

Cipher
Christ I completed the game in 36 hours, missed a lot of side quest stuff though since it broke muh immersion to do half a day of bowling while some pretty big and heavy story stuff was going on.

Goro's ending killed my heart

Modron

Arcane
Getting close to 100% completion, a couple of disco dances and other painful stuff like mahjong and catfighting :negative: to go.

Deflowerer

Arcane
I wish they erased the Yakuza 5 subplot about Majima from the canon though, it's embarrassingly awful especially in the light of the events of Yakuza 0.

Ivan

Arcane
So I finished the campaign with a ~27% completion rate. I'm totally satisfied and am smitten with the cast and world of Yakuza. I doubt I'll get around to maxing out the mini games, as the Sidequests was more of what I'm interested in. I'm pretty sure I've run into most that are out in the open (i.e. not locked behind friendships or mini games, although I did max and finish the Policeman one with Kyriu).

All in all I'll come back to this from time to time just to mess around and finish some of the side stuff. It's just that once the game introduced Makoto, I couldn't put the main quest down.

really looking forward to Kiwame 1.

Last edited:

Deflowerer

Arcane
It's worth completing all the sidequests to fight the secret boss.

Kiwami 1 may feel somewhat rehashed and barebones after 0, but I think it suits the narrative well: it's probably the lowest point in Kiryu's life.

Vorark

Erudite
Can you keep playing after you beat the game? I mean, doing side quests or these mini games?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
After you beat the game, you can load the clear save to start Premium Adventure mode which is essentially that with the ability to switch costumes.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Does the difficulty carry over to Premium Adventure? I recall that in past games Premium Adventure dropped you down to Normal even if you played the main game on harder difficulties.

Ivan

Arcane
honestly why even bother?

One thing that does annoy me is that you have to go to the cabaret/real estate office to switch characters...especially during post campaign.

Cromwell

Arcane
Just saw that 0 and kiwami are currently discounted for their ps4 versions which prompted me to buy them. 12,99€ for 0 and 9.99 for Kiwami.

Modron

Arcane
99% complete, autism intensifying just got to do those final sub-story boss fights and get some money and a straight in mahjong.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Clocked in some hours to Kiwami 2, mostly dicking around Sotenbori looking into every nook and cranny for locker keys. Dragon Engine really is a lot of fun when it comes to getting a seamless gameplay loop of explore-fight-explore-fight-eat&drink going. Smooth as butter there. Also I don't know if it's just Sotenbori, but it seems windows no longer cause slowdown (instead the way to cause very notable slowdown is to buy everything at once from Poppo). Not really much else I can say yet. The local ally substories are very brief and simple, but that could just be the point to them. The only non-ally substory I've encountered yet has involved the UFO Catcher.

Speaking of which, the UFO Catcher is modeled even more mercilessly this time around, you don't get to have a full side view anymore (you can only look around from the front of the booth and lean up to the next booth's glass to slightly tilt the camera) and the booth lighting's changed to give you no shadow pointers. The urinal minigame Toylets is the bizarre thing I've encountered in a long time, I have no idea how it works.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom