Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Aqualung

Dead duck
Patron
Insert Title Here
AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!

That's a very nice day, btw.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Since February will be Majima Everywhere Month now, I think we can take a moment to appreciate that Yakuza is one of those few series where they have voice actors do songs in character about the characters and it friggin' works:

(The song was a pre-order bonus for the handheld spin-off series that was released in Japan only)

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
AcjLr2.gif

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's a terrible time tbh, wish it came earlier since there are a lot of great games to play in February

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Yakuza Kiwami is coming to PC on February 19th!

One of SEGA’s most beloved Japanese franchises will be launching yet another great classic on PC next month. Yakuza Kiwami brings a unique and enjoyable experience for veterans, as well as newcomers to the series. With the successful PC release of prequel Yakuza 0 in 2018, fans will soon be able to continue the popular story about Japan’s criminal underworld. Yakuza Kiwami is now available for digital pre-order on Steam for £14.99 / $19.99 / €19.99, including a 10% discount and exclusive bonus content, like avatars, wallpapers and a digital manga.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The circle jerk about just how unfun and dumb the mechanics of AAA games are is extremely overblown. The popamole stuff was true for Gears of war in approx 2006, at this point it's super unfair to say a lot of the AAA games don't have insanely good game mechanics and gameplay loops that require an actual brain

Also fuck you Kingdom Hearts is muh childhood even if it's shit, which it probably will be from the looks of things don't really have high hopes for the gameplay

Last edited:

Deflowerer

Arcane
The circle jerk about just how unfun and dumb the mechanics of AAA games are is extremely overblown. The popamole stuff was true for Gears of war in approx 2006, at this point it's super unfair to say a lot of the AAA games don't have insanely good game mechanics and gameplay loops that require an actual brain

Also fuck you Kingdom Hearts is muh childhood even if it's shit, which it probably will be from the looks of things don't really have high hopes for the gameplay

Please do tell which AAA games have insanely good mechanics and gameplay loops that require an actual brain?

flyingjohn

Arcane
My yakuza 0 experience:
Beating up people for money so i can buy more parts for my toy car in order to beat somebody in a toy car race to prove i am not a pervert.
Best game ever.

Ivan

Arcane
My Yakuza 0 experience (true story):

There was so much on offer, that after tens and tens and tens of hours, I not once touched, and completely forgot, that there was a toy race car minigame.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Which is a real pity, since the Pocket Fighter substoryline is one of the best carrying through Yakuza 0 -> Yakuza Kiwami -> Yakuza 6.

Reinhardt

Arcane
My Yakuza 0 experience (true story):

There was so much on offer, that after tens and tens and tens of hours, I not once touched, and completely forgot, that there was a toy race car minigame.
PERVERT!

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Thinking of buying this game today. I've heard from some folks that a controller is mandatory, due to shit mouse and keyboard combat. Is this true? I really want to play this.

Aqualung

Dead duck
Patron
Insert Title Here
Thinking of buying this game today. I've heard from some folks that a controller is mandatory, due to shit mouse and keyboard combat. Is this true? I really want to play this.

I played Yakuza 0 with mouse and keyboard without experiencing any issues. You don't need a controller to fully enjoy the game.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I played Yakuza 0 with mouse and keyboard without experiencing any issues. You don't need a controller to fully enjoy the game.

Same here..only things that I guess are shittier are some of the minigames where it's just simpler and more intuitive to use the buttons for say..the Karaoke, than the IJKM keys, which are pretty shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom