Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Yes Virginia, Obsidian are working on you.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment

<p><a href="http://www.vg247.com/2011/02/06/cv-obsidian-working-on-project-virginia/">VG247 have the latest stolen</a> from someone's online resume:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><a href="http://www.cochtl.com/contact/" target="_blank">Cochey Cantu</a>, an ex-Obsidian artist currently placed as a lead artist at Blind Squirrel Games, has apparently revealed Obsidian&rsquo;s next title, something called Project Virginia, on his CV.</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><span class="postbody">Project Virginia 2011 Release <br /> - Helped identify visual style <br /> - Led a small team of artists to accomplish artistic goals <br /> - Worked under tight deadlines to get small internal project in order for release </span></p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;">As pointed out by a poster on NeoGAF, Virginia is the tenth state of the United States, the relevance being that this game would be Obsidian&rsquo;s tenth.</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;">There is no other detail on the title at the moment, other than it being slated for a 2011 release, according to the ex-Obsidian artist&rsquo;s resume.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>"Small internal project"? <a href="http://www.cochtl.com/contact/cantu_cochey_resume.pdf">According to the resume</a>, Cochey also "identified problem areas and bottlenecks hindering level progression" for Dungeon Siege and for Fallout: New Vegas "Found clever ways to reduce the memory footprints of assets to make the consoles game playable". Thanks to Cochey, F:NV is playable.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><span class="name">Thanks <strong>Jim Cojones</strong>!</span></p>

Arcanoix

Scholar
I mentioned this super secret project when I went to Cali. back in October. :) I win. Not that I know anything about it, but still.. ;)

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
It can't be Alpha Protocol 2, since SEGA locked that shit down. Luckily, they found a way to bypass that name and keep the franchise moving. Alpha Protocols. It's like Alien. First there's one alien, then there's more aliens. Makes sense to me so if it doesn't make sense to you then you're a moron. Hang yourself.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
commie said:
Virginia...home of the CIA.....can only mean....

Alpha Protocol II!!!!

:M :M :M Time to partay! :M :M :M

They name their projects based on states, it has nothing to do with the game content. It's gonna be a facebook game. I guess that avellone vs gravity game is getting made after all. :smug:

tehRPness

Educated
- Helped identify visual style
- Led a small team of artists to accomplish artistic goals
- Worked under tight deadlines to get small internal project in order for release
- identified problem areas and bottlenecks hindering level progression"
1009_hardly_boys_investigate.jpg.jpg

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Dude, you should always kernel the recom piles. The fuck is wrong with you? No wonder your shit is crashing.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
What IPs does Obsidian have ownership of?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom