Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by ScottishMartialArts, Aug 23, 2013.

1. wwsd Arcane

wwsd
    Pretty interesting. I haven't paid attention in a couple of years. Are there any particularly worthwhile ones that have been released in the past few years? Usually I just do a clean install every few years and reinstall some old favourites from lists like BTB's (not his own mod, just others from his list) or Empirical Morrowind, but these are rather outdated. Any recent highlights? Or is it mainly tweaks to the graphics?

I had great fun with these a couple of years ago. I agree they're good, if a little over-the-top with cheesy dialogue sometimes. The Uvirith manor also turns into some kind of hip-hop star's mansion. Still, it's great fun actually wielding power, destroying other guilds, etc. Despite some reservations, I will say the content absolutely outshines that of the expansions.

^ Top  
  2. zapotec Learned

zapotec
    i removed the telvanni mods when i found the palantir in that tower.
    Total immersion breaker for me :positive:

• Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Kaethar Novice

Kaethar
    Thanks for that Rise of House Telvanni mod, I've done both Mage's Guild and Telvanni in my current playthrough and it bothered me that even though I'm the leader of both factions, there's no interaction, the Telvanni don't even react to you being the leader of the Mage's Guild despite the fact that they supposedly hate them. I would have loved a couple diplomacy options like basically calling peace if you join the Telvanni while being the Arch-Mage or being able to fuck over the other faction to gain a monopoly on magic or something like that. I'll settle with getting a couple decisions to make as an Arch-Magister though.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Dwemer Puzzle Box Arcane

Dwemer Puzzle Box
    [​IMG]

:what:

:hmmm:

• Funny x 4
    • incline x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Kaethar Novice

Kaethar
    this is huh... wow

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Fluent Arcane Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    She looks like a female Vivec. He is also have Chimer/half Dunmer.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. MWaser Learned

MWaser
    rule63 Vivec.

Really, what is there to say?

• incline incline x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Dwemer Puzzle Box Arcane

Dwemer Puzzle Box
    AFAIK, rule63 Vivec is canon Vivec, so this is a lore-friendly mod? :^)

• incline incline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. MWaser Learned

MWaser
    Not with deadnaming the "Vivec" name during that.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. wwsd Arcane

wwsd
    I remember her. I think she is some kind of leftover from the old ROHT, which supposedly had a lot more modder cancer like that. The most annoying thing is that she is walking around in Tel Mora from the beginning of the game without any dialogue until you need her for the ROHT quest line. So I kept thinking: who is this, which mod added her, what's the point of her?

^ Top  
  11. Magitex Novice

Magitex
    I'm hoping OpenMW gets some VR support eventually. I am gonna load up tamriel rebuilt, and probably another 600 other mods and never leave my room again. I can't believe VR is not a thing yet for Morrowind.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. wwsd Arcane

wwsd
    By the way, speaking of faction leader post-game stuff, does anyone have experience with Grandmaster of Hlaalu? I did a clean install of MW. On my last playthrough, I did the Telvanni thing, wiping out the Imperials with ROHT about a year ago, so now it's time to be a goody two-shoes Imperial puppet again. I'm mainly trying to play the vanilla game without too many quest or dialogue mods, but it would be nice to have something to do after becoming Grandmaster. So is this mod any good? I noticed it mentions kicking out the Camonna Tong - any evil options?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. prengle Novice

prengle
    i havent played it myself (lol who actually joins house hlaalu) but its an old mod, ive heard from a few people over the years that its not exactly well designed and that its incredibly buggy. hlaalu business by gavrilo adds a couple extra quests for hlaalu players but if you want a big hlaalu addon like lgnpc pax redoran or rise of house telvanni, youre shit out of luck, the modding community hasnt given them much love over the years

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Life Coach berd Patron

Life Coach
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    TR probably has the best Hlaalu quests. They too have a presence around Old Ebonheart iirc.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Dwemer Puzzle Box Arcane

Dwemer Puzzle Box
    On the subject of really good mods, I can't recommend Pax Redoran enough. Really, really good stuff, fleshes out a lot of places and characters (Llerar Mandas, Sudanit mine, Athyn Sarethi), and takes into account some quests usually associated with other factions - you can, for example, stop Dorvayn's Disguise quest from happening). There are some minor bugs, however, so if anyone's interested, try not to finish quests before they start.

EDIT: don't get me wrong, there are some parts that are poorly written, but it's nothing terribly offensive and still couple of gradients above usual Morrowind mods.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Apostle Hand Learned Possibly Retarded

Apostle Hand
    playing Morrowind

interesting shitty game

• Participation Award x 3
    • Shit x 2
    • Thanks! x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Puukko Arcane

Puukko
    God damn modders. I have spent a good dozen+ hours modding OpenMW following the guide on their site and have been ready to actually start playing for a few hours now if it wasn't for one mod that's giving me headache, BTB game improvements. I really like how it buffs birthsigns, but the mod also includes some robe replacements that do not work at all and give me lots of walking yellow exclamation marks. Well, disable those esp's and it's problem solved, right? Nope, changes nothing, and I even found a third party edit of the mod with just the character changes and no mention of any robes and it still gives those errors. What kinda fuckin spaghetti code is this?

Tracking down the culprit took a good while in the first place since who expects a game improvements mod to come with random textures and meshes?

Ah well, time to find a generic birthsign mod I guess.

^ Top  
  18. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    BTB is turds.
    It has some nice ideas but the author went full retard with effectively making spellmaker useless.
    Also some edits to alchemy ingredients are dumb - remember, snacking on raw glass is good for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    mods that do too much are usually junk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. zapotec Learned

zapotec
    He was also full of himself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Sigourn Arcane

Sigourn
    BTB's Game Improvements is fantastic as long as you remember it's not just a rebalance mod, but one that outright nerfs or removes some of the original game's mechanics.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. MWaser Learned

MWaser
    when I was modding OpenMW for myself recently I followed the guide lightly and skipped stuff like rebalance mods (and some of the texture packs I found to just be excessive waste of space), with the one notable balance mod I recall installing being ranged weapon/marksmanship rebalance which was mostly a buff -not really necessary but didn't really seem to break the game any more than it was already broken to begin with.

I also made the mistake of installing the Caldera Mine mod - I didn't read fully and had assumed it was only a terrain and visual overhaul, but instead it even ended up adding some amazingly dumb quest associated with it.

^ Top  
  23. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    Unless they are Requiem.

Mind you, it's not because Requiem has no junky stuff, just because its ratio of crucial game improvements to junk (measured in gameplay impact, NOT number of changes) is very high.

Butchered Morrowind makes worse Skyrim than Skyrim.

If you want to play Skyrim, just play fucking Skyrim.

^ Top  
  24. Sigourn Arcane

Sigourn
    Gamebreaking mechanics are not good game design and never will be.

• cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Puukko Arcane

Puukko
    Was there some mod to make NPCs less intrusive? I literally just stood still for 10 seconds and got approached by 3 NPCs spouting some variant of "spit it out" while I wasn't even looking at them.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)