Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet another Piracy: Good or Bad? discussion

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative:
FUCK YOU!!!!!!
After 70 hours of sidequests i decided to do "Questions and Answers" main quest,i did it fine even a few side quests around it. Then i decided to turn it in and to my surprise it bugged out. How lazy you must be to not make sure that at least the main quest work....not even working well,just working would have done the job.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
:negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative:
FUCK YOU!!!!!!
After 70 hours of sidequests i decided to do "Questions and Answers" main quest,i did it fine even a few side quests around it. Then i decided to turn it in and to my surprise it bugged out. How lazy you must be to not make sure that at least the main quest work....not even working well,just working would have done the job.

maybe they fixed it in a patch that ur pirating ass didn't get?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
FUCK YOU!!!!!!

Yeah there’ve been, what, three patches so far? I doubt these guys are repirating each new version. I’m sure this is merely a side effect of releasing a buggy game, but it really feels like they’ve cracked the code for dealing with piracy.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
FUCK YOU!!!!!!

Was that the one that i get to fuck your mum? Fucking tool! How do you feel giving that much money to a game that doesn't work well? That is one of the reasons people pirate shit you brain dead cunt.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
FUCK YOU!!!!!!

Yeah there’ve been, what, three patches so far? I doubt these guys are repirating each new version. I’m sure this is merely a side effect of releasing a buggy game, but it really feels like they’ve cracked the code for dealing with piracy.
The pirate version is on 1.2.5 or 1.2.6,i will be waiting for a later update release that will come in a week or two. Most pirated games do get patched up to speed,but they don't go and crack every single little patch.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
FUCK YOU!!!!!!

Was that the one that i get to fuck your mum? Fucking tool! How do you feel giving that much money to a game that doesn't work well? That is one of the reasons people pirate shit you brain dead cunt.

it must be convenient to find a readily available excuse to commit theft and transgress the Lord. :)

PorkBarrellGuy

FUCK YOU!!!!!!

it must be convenient to find a readily available excuse to commit theft and transgress the Lord. :)

To be fair, calling piracy theft gets into a bit of a gray area of whether copying something can be considered theft proper. This is not to say that piracy's all well and good but theft might not be the right word for it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
FUCK YOU!!!!!!

You bore me with your moralism,come up with something more original. I don't give a shit about theft and such bullshit. I get what i want and don't care about others,now you can go and suck some circumcised dick and be happy. If you feel that offended by it,then you are free to buy a copy in my name. You can gift it to your wife sister.

Nael

Arcane
FUCK YOU!!!!!!

You bore me with your moralism,come up with something more original. I don't give a shit about theft and such bullshit. I get what i want and don't care about others,now you can go and suck some circumcised dick and be happy. If you feel that offended by it,then you are free to buy a copy in my name. You can gift it to your wife sister.

Are all Bulgarians this charming?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
FUCK YOU!!!!!!

Are all Bulgarians this charming?
Which part are you finding charming? If some cunt is picking a fight for no reason,i will not be polite mate,and yes a lot of Bulgarians won't take it silently.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Piracy is not theft because nothing is physically removed from an inventory.
:rpgcodex:

Piracy is worse than theft - it's retarded.

There are two types of games:
1. You liek, you buy, you support the developrs.
2. You don't wanna buy, therefore you don't think it's worth supporting the developers, therefore it's dogshit, therefore you'd be retarded torrenting and playing dogshit when there are so many quality, worthwhile games you couldn't play them all if you lived a 1k years.

Nael

Arcane
If someone truly can't afford it, pirate away I say. If you can afford to pay but choose not to anyways, you are a cunt.

If someone can't afford a vidya then they need to take stock of their life and do something besides vidya so that they can pay honest money for said vidya.

See also: Reasons Why We Can't Have Nice Things.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
If someone truly can't afford it, pirate away I say. If you can afford to pay but choose not to anyways, you are a cunt.

If someone can't afford a vidya then they need to take stock of their life and do something besides vidya so that they can pay honest money for said vidya.

Kids are a good example. A kid or student may not have the means to pay now. They buy games later in life. I did it that way... Pirated when I was a kid because I had no money, was a student or was just starting out financially.

Now I have lots of disposable income. I but games on principal. I also buy extra copies to support devs I like, and to gift to people who maybe can't afford it right now.

I strongly believe it all comes full circle in the end for the most part, except for the those who pirate for purely selfish reasons when they don't have to. Their needless piracy is a real reflection on their core self.

Kids are a good example. A kid or student may not have the means to pay now. They buy games later in life. I did it that way... Pirated when I was a kid because I had no money, was a student or was just starting out financially.

Now I have lots of disposable income. I but games on principal. I also buy extra copies to support devs I like, and to gift to people who maybe can't afford it right now.

I strongly believe it all comes full circle in the end for the most part, except for the those who pirate for purely selfish reasons when they don't have to. Their needless piracy is a real reflection on their core self.

Don't kids nowadays always have some Steam sale or humble bumble to get their vidja games cheap? In my day PC games were pretty cheap, relatively speaking, and it wasn't too unusual to have a whole row of good older games that were like five bucks...and console games you could just rent from one of the many rental stores that were once a thing.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
All u cunts who pirated it seem to have the bugs. Enjoy.
No, not at all. I haven't encountered a single bug so far, except during one combat when backpedaling made me levitate upwards instead of going back, after I backpedalled over a bush. I just kept going up. That's the only bug I've had though. And I'm playing a pirated 1.2

Piracy is worse than theft - it's retarded.

There are two types of games:
1. You liek, you buy, you support the developrs.
2. You don't wanna buy, therefore you don't think it's worth supporting the developers, therefore it's dogshit, therefore you'd be retarded torrenting and playing dogshit when there are so many quality, worthwhile games you couldn't play them all if you lived a 1k years.
As a kid, I used to pirate everything. Legal software was impossible to find in a small provincial town, unless you order by mail from the capital. And it was also a question of culture. So, ok, I've pirated hundreds (if you count Photoshop, MS Office, thousands) of dollars' worth of software. Have I caused poverty and sorrow to John Carmack or Bill Gates, or Adobe? One game I am sorry to have pirated was Thief I/II, because Looking Glass went bankrupt, but even then, I doubt I would have turned the tide had I bought it.

It's ironic, but pirated software in the 90s provided cheap means for a lot of future IT personnel to study technologies and programming. The same people currently being outsourced by the economies who produced the pirated software. And I don't need to tell you who gets the larger cut from outsourced software development. ;)

Now there is digital distribution, and besides numerous other benefits, it's simply more convenient to buy than to pirate, if you want to own and play multiple different games. The culture is also different. Given that I like a game, and the dev, and I've spent a huge amount of time with the game (1hr per $/eur or more), I would feel bad for not buying the game. It's a question of personal responsibility, especially if the game is not some triple A piece of shit. With KCD however, it's simply not out on GoG yet.

fantadomat , do you go to cinema? That's more expensive entertainment than videogames.

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought GOG was always some CDPR thing. I do know that Crunchyroll anime site was originally an anime pirate site, at least for its first few years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom