Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your disrespectful attitude towards Cain, Boyarsky, Avellone has to stop

Trashos

Arcane
Honestly I found all NV DLCs to be out of place. I think NV by itself (and without the Fallout 3 gameplay) would be a decent addition to the Fallout franchise. The DLCs instead just went full retard.

Indeed, I believe the plan was that the dlc should be "out of place". Even Josh took his dlc away from the Mojave. The Mojave makes for a 100h playthrough, did you really need "more of exactly the same"? I appreciate what they did with the dlc, each one did something different. They were not lazy at all.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Or visit at 16th preferably, though 12th for masochist is fine. You gotta have enough of a buffer to survive the horror park. More perks to offer more way to survive. DM is the first DLC out, so it's assumed at the time of release that hardcore gamers already is at high level after two month death marching in the desert.
? The suggested level is 20, so yeah.

laclongquan

Arcane
If you are at 20th, you already played far and wide enough that the gains from Siera Madre dont matter much. But a 16th, or 12th PC is just barely experienced enough and barely good enough inventory of items. The laser shotgun, and full-repair item, are quite useful for them.

Max Damage

Savant
There are two ways to enjoy Dead Money

Turn down difficulty to minimum. This way your underutilized, underpowered, badly tuned, character of a storyfag can enjoy the story and theme.

Or visit at 16th preferably, though 12th for masochist is fine. You gotta have enough of a buffer to survive the horror park. More perks to offer more way to survive. DM is the first DLC out, so it's assumed at the time of release that hardcore gamers already is at high level after two month death marching in the desert.
Dead Money is actually harder at higher levels because of level scaling. Either way, I have no idea where's this "DM is haaaaard" meme coming from, there're enough supplies to survive the DLC if you just look around. Stealth is bugged because of dev oversight, but ghost people are slow enough that you can just outrun (most of) them, and holograms/speakers are things that aren't actively trying to hunt you down (you can disable most of them as well, if you just pay attention). Fog clouds don't take away much health if you don't stand in them for too long, hell, they even reward you with extra supplies if you dive in. Only some of the mundane traps are annoying on the first playthrough, but that can be said about vanilla NV as well.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 22431

Senile developers keep babbling about stuff that doesn't matter. They need to be sacrificed. They are just too old!

20120321.gif

Trashos

Arcane
I have no idea where's this "DM is haaaaard" meme coming from

We are comparing with New Vegas levels of difficulty, right? Your previously acquired gear will not help you, and there are enemies you cannot kill. There is no "I want to walk around feeling powerful" in Dead Money, which is a preferred style of play for many in the Bethesda crowd. You actually have to pay some attention and figure it out, the collars do not forgive.

Listen, Very Hard/Hardcore/JSawyerMod, Dead Money is an intense experience for me no matter what level I visit. There is something to be said about games that are both challenging, and with a great narrative. When away from safe spaces, I am a few seconds away from my head exploding and a few minutes away from my health depleting. It is very intense. We often laugh at MCA's experience with Arcanum's wolves, but his areas in New Vegas (and Wasteland 2 too, btw) are some of the toughest in the game.

Dead Money is absolutely terrifying for those select few who play ironman style or such.

I have no issues with people who lower difficulty to just experience Dead Money's story, but to me it gives both great challenge and a great story with great execution. Everything comes together for a very special experience.

Thonius

Arcane
Senile, old farts( who happen to live in a safe-space diversity bubble) telling young and hip people what they need and what they like.
Respect or else.

Alphons

Cipher
Predictably, the attempt to convert Fallout: New Vegas into a survival horror game results in poor gameplay, with the player restricted to the single option of completing the DLC in order to return to the Mojave, compensated only by Avellone's writing for the four DLC NPCs.

Honestly I found all NV DLCs to be out of place. I think NV by itself (and without the Fallout 3 gameplay) would be a decent addition to the Fallout franchise. The DLCs instead just went full retard.

Make Fallout great again.
And isometric.

It already happened! 2 times!

fallout_of_nevada_s.jpg

Znhr8CV.png

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Indeed, I believe the plan was that the dlc should be "out of place". Even Josh took his dlc away from the Mojave. The Mojave makes for a 100h playthrough, did you really need "more of exactly the same"? I appreciate what they did with the dlc, each one did something different. They were not lazy at all.

It's not about being in the Mojave or not. They're simply out of place in the Fallout franchise. And they're pretty crappy too. Save the one with the robots which was kinda funny, I guess.

Also, I wouldn't really go with the "would you want more of the same argument?". That's a Bethestard-level argument.

And in fact, yes, I would want more of the same, that being more of Fallout 1 and 2. But I'm not gonna get it. Instead I got Fallout 3! No more of the same, hurray!

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, this pile of money didn't fall from the sky, did it? It came from satisfied console players.
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-outer-worlds

Look at Todd Howard. Does he deserve respect for his craft? Depends on whom you ask because RPG means different things to different people. Millions of people who loved Skyrim, Fallout 4, and can't wait to buy the next TES game will tell you that he's the best damn game designer there is. Similarly, if the Outer World is successful (and it hasn't even hit Steam yet), then Tim & Co will get all the respect for their craft they can handle.

100 from Guardian?
Leftist pro-LGBT that hates white male people.
I wonder why they gave 100 to this piece of trash which is full of pro-gay and anti-capitalist propaganda in every corner of this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom