Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your favorite quote in an RPG

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
The Codex likes to shit on games with bad writing, so why not indulge in some quotes you think are great?

Out of all New Vegas' quotes, my favorite is always overlooked. After suggesting to Joshua Graham you could shake up Daniel for information, he replies:

There are many reasons why that would be a bad idea. I will illuminate three. First, do not believe that because Daniel is a missionary he is incapable of or unwilling to defend himself. Second, if you harm Daniel or any of the Sorrows or Dead Horses, I will find you. Make no mistake. God willing, you will not leave this valley. Lastly, waging war against good people is bad for the soul. This may not seem important to you now, but it's the most important thing I've said.

Another one, related:

I pray for the safety of all good people who come to Zion, even Gentiles, but we can't expect God to do all the work.

Short, long, even entire exchanges are welcomed. It would be nice to turn this into a nomination thread, but I suspect THAT one PS:T quote would win.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Nobody can beat Aurvandel :
xZXW0fr.jpg

Some funny quotes from various games, which unsurprisingly are games with overall good writing :
I49KUF2.jpg

zeAYL6I.jpg
0bdlPqY.jpg
RahRzpe.png
uPz2E39.png
sTUNxU3.png

fNkcd7r.png

pQXsRyM.png

pyJ23cI.jpg

F2l6GXf.jpg

m0HuPUq.jpg

uo4GmDx.jpg

KTJFBmj.png
e8U952d.png

syLyMou.png

Last edited:

Comte

"Life... is strength. This is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world. But is it what you want? You are... different inside. This woman lives and has strength of a sort. She lost her parents to plague, her husband to war, but she persevered. Her farm has prospered, her name is respected and her children are fed and safe. She lived as she thought she should. And now she is dead. Her land will be divided, her children will move on, and she will be forgotten. She lived a good life, but she had no power; she was a slave to death. I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"

aeroaeko

Learned
Hey Chief, you okay? You playin' corpse or you puttin' the blinds on the Dusties? I thought you were a deader for sure.

Time is not your enemy. Forever is.

Big Wrangle

I've taken in your ridiculously overly-muscled physique, your gritty Mad Maxx wanna-be demeanor, your unimaginative character point allocation and concluded you are a mini-maxing Munchkin. You are nothing more than a typical 'RPG male hero model,' if you will, one of MANY such models that seems to fill this world in droves. But do you see the TRAGEDY here? I have mistakenly reduced you to a stereotype, a caricature, a generic Fallout model, instead of regarding you as a specific, unique character.

In waves the wind rolled through the field below, to break against the farmhouse walls in bursts of amber.

And above there she was, laughing, cheeks stuffed to bursting with great handfuls of seeds; taking more and scattering them to the ground, to you, her love.

Merra, in the dying light of the harvest sun; Merra, whose name means 'sunflower'.

B74EA9BF8FFBC56174781220F7FEF1DCCDB4A0A6

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
A lot of Irenicus' quotes from Baldur's Gate 2. I forgot how much David Warner's VA made that character.

Ahhh, the child of Bhaal has awoken. It is time for more...'experiments'... The pain will only be passing; you should survive the process...

PorkBarrellGuy

"Most people have evil spirits. You? You have stupid spirits. Go see shaman, get hole in head... big hole... very big... huge."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom