Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your favorite quote in an RPG

RepHope

Savant
I would rather piss on my dead mother’s grave than let some courier walk the wasteland fuck talk to me like that.

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, the degrees are arbitrary, the definitions blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another, why choose at all?

A culture’s teachings can only be tested through conflict. They either find themselves, or find themselves lacking.

Trashos

Arcane
"Camaraderie, Adventure, and Steel on Steel. The stuff of Legend! Right, Boo?"- BG1

"Soon... all SCIENCE will be MINE!"- Old World Blues

""This is a lot to take in, is it not? Do not ask me what any of this means, though. I would not condition your contemplations with my own assumptions. I 'd rather you produced something entirely new for me to consider." - Underrail

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
"Drinking alone's as bad as shitting in company."
"I seek to remove an injustice from the planes, one that threatens to destroy you as well. And that is what I find so mysterious about you. Evil, in all its forms, whether apathy, indifference, chaos or violence - evil is still capable of bringing you peace. And I pity you for it, Spirit-Eater."
"To be united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best."
"Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever."
"One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards."

Recently, any time Nok-Nok refers to you as his "sidekick" in Kingmaker.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lots of what you hear as a Malkavian in Bloodlines is pretty priceless. Newscaster: "Police don't have any suspects at this time, but they're pretty sure it was you."

Cass in New Vegas: “No one's dick is that fucking long. Not even Long Dick Johnson, and he had a fucking long dick. Thus, the name."

Shouldn’t be that funny, but “thus the name” made me do a spit take.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
"Stay a while and glisten." - Perrin Diablo 1
also
"I've a spade with your name on it." - Elminster when he tries to knife you when you touch a cow in Beregoth.

Santander02

Arcane
-Neeshka: (Mocking Elanee) Oh this water is so unnatural, nothing like the mere of dead people I grew up in!

-Bounty hunter: And the Gnome in the dress is Oyo
-Mage: It's a robe you bastard!

-Nevalle: What Happened?
-(PC) They attacked me, I killed them
-Nevalle: Ah yes the vague report certanly explains everything

As mediocre as nwn2 oc is, some of the dialogues made me chuckle

-Kelemvor: What have you done Spirit Eater!?

Getting the ultimate evil ending in MoTB actually requires some work, hearing an actual God shit his pants in fear at what you've become was truly satisfying.

Can think of a lot more, but gotta sleep.

Last edited:

2house2fly

Magister
Will you join the Unity? Or will you die here? Join! Die! Join! Die!

I doubt this line from Pillars Of Eternity 2 will be an all-timer, but I'm feeling it a lot right now: "I care for those I have harmed, but it is not enough to care."

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
There's nothing to it. Each agent has his own assignment, and reports directly to Cyrodiil. You're promoted to Operative mostly to preserve your independence. You're no fool. The days of the Empire are almost over. When the Emperor dies, nine hells're going to break loose. Forget about the Imperial City. Think locally. Worry about the Sixth House and Dagoth Ur. And squabbles between the Great Houses and the colonists. The rest of the political nonsense doesn't amount to a plate of scuttle.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you play Dungeon Keeper II past midnight (in your system time), the game subtly gives you this helpful advice in narrator's voice:

"Your nocturnal perseverance has earned you a hidden gaming tip: GO TO BED!"

Santander02

Arcane
Also from new vegas

-Patrolling the mojave makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
-Ave True to Caesar
-Degenerates like you belong in a cross
-When he (Dornan) caught a private out of uniform he went on the most ear-blistering rant known to man. It was awe inspiring

On that note

-Welcome to camp Navarro, YOU ARE OUT OF UNIFORM PRIVATE!!!!!

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
From the Witcher 3:

"Geralt: This mist is as thick as curdled milk.
Lambert: Never took you for a poet.
Geralt: Oh, but I am one. Wanna hear a limerick?
Lambert: Sure.
Geralt: Lambert, Lambert - what a prick.
Lambert: Not bad."

octavius

Arcane
Patron
If you're a real masochist you play vanilla Morrowind with the only modification being the Cliffracer sound being replaced by "You must gather your party before venturing forth."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom