Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your ideas for LARPing in games?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
MV5BMjUyZjk3NzgtYWI4Zi00YWU1LTk1NzItNmMyNjMyOTBhNDAwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzQ1NjgzOTA@._V1_.jpg

Some kind of summer lunacy taking over codex?
A thread extolling the virtues of ME1 and now this?

Gregz

Arcane
LARPing doesn't have to mean restricting your playstyle. In fact, if your imagination is active enough, you don't need to modify anything.

Lemming42

Arcane
How do you connect your backstories with the game? Like, I can understand if you playing the game for the second time, since you know how things goes you can make some backstories that connects to the game(locations and what not) and even if has no connection with the plot, it still connects with the world of the game. An example is how you character in FO1 has a curiosity with the world outside the vault and that is the reason he was picked and so on.

Oh yeah, it's only for replays. I'd be reluctant to do any mechanics-based LARPing on a first playthrough of anything anyway because a game should stand on its own without the player bringing that element to it.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Ideas for LARPing in games... Like beating your monitor with a foam hammer to kill the dragon? I'm lost.

laclongquan

Arcane
In games with character creation, I sometimes write out whole backstories for characters in MS Word, and then refer back to the document while playing the game. :oops: It feels extremely lame but I've done it multiple times for Fallout/Fallout 2/Fallout: NV and LARPed with those backstories and traits in mind and I honestly think it takes cRPGs to the next level.

That little text in character descriptions is why anyone would play premade characters in Fallout 2. Because even modify it lose that text.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Here's your citation.

Don't play dumb. This is what you have to do -->

If you are not satisfied in how people use this term, then educate them - in a topic which can easily be found by the people (probably sufficient to have the keywords "definition" and "larping" in its title). This way everyone can reference it. I'm looking forward to this topic. Until then don't complain about it anymore.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
My LARPing example: In my last playthrough of AoD, I pretended the characters in the game were actual human beings with normal emotional development instead of Eastern Europeans. I think I died in the 3rd mission.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom