Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Your Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Egosphere

Arcane
Thread for stating your unpopular gaming opinions, and then having everyone else absolutely savage you over them.

The blackjack ruins Thief. The guards are so stupid that running around the map KOing everyone is a trivially easy task, and players who rely on the blackjack miss out on the best elements of the game. I don't really know how they could have improved on this

In Thief 2, on the hardest difficulty, there are missions where you cannot knock anyone out, like the police station. Perhaps the game should have had something like a tranquilizer arrow which would be a finite resource, rather than the blackjack.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
2D backgrounds are shit in real time isometric games.
Arena FPS fags defend their games till death, yet none of them actually play them. That shows that AFPS are outdated as a genre.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
- GTA series was more fun when it was 2d. San Andreas was great though, but all the others are crap.

Hey there's something I actually agree on with anvi

GTA 2 is still the best GTA and the move to 3D completely changed the series. It's sad that we don't really see games like GTA 1 and 2 anymore.

Abhay

Augur
As a game Planescape torment is very boring. I understand the high praise that the game often gets in many areas, which I wouldn't argue but from gameplay perspective I found it an awfully boring game. Basically, I don't think it deserves such a high recognition. Its a great game but not the best.

Max Payne 2 was unnecessary. I don't find anything interesting about the second part. It deserves to be in the list of boring games. Max payne was the best and still remains unsurpassed.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Everything made by Harebrained studios is shit.

Starting with Shadowrun, a game barely decent enough to be played on mobile phones, to graphomaniac's Shadowrun HK.
They even managed to turn Battletech into such a boring grey-brown shit there was no reason to play after getting the heaviest mechs.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Fallout 1/2, while good games content wise are in no way remarkable in gameplay. It's systems are a broken mess that can be easly exploitable and getting overpowered is pretty easy. Also turn based tactical combat with only 1 PC is pretty stupid and very boring.

Metal Gear Solid is shit. All of them, from MGS1. And they generally get worse as they go on.

3 is a very good game. 5 has excellent gameplay and AI but fails when it comes to worthwhile content.

Platformers are tedious, repetitive nonsense.

Beat-em-ups are boring.

Deus Ex 1 is unplayable, clunky bollocks.

There's no cure for this level of retardation.

- I never played a Zelda game because I am PC master race, and I don't trust Zelda fans enough to go out of my way to try it.
They aren't that good.

Excepcional? No.
Good? Definitively.

Japanese RPGs are better than Western ones because of emotional investment. Torment is the exception that proves the rule.
I was about to agree until I realized your avatar pic is literally the character

who's character development boils down to Zin telling him that their master had terminal 7 brain cancer who would've died regardless of the fight he has with him (and even Falcom's aware of how shit his character is that he's never been brought back despite SC's implications that he's still alive).

He looked cool and smokes. That's enough reason to use him as an avatard.

Codex Year of the Donut
Fallout 1/2, while good games content wise are in no way remarkable in gameplay. It's systems are a broken mess that can be easly exploitable and getting overpowered is pretty easy. Also turn based tactical combat with only 1 PC is pretty stupid and very boring.
Have you played Underrail?

Codex Year of the Donut
Pillars of Eternity is a good game.
You just had to go too far didn't you?
I thought it was pretty good until I got to the annoying as fuck fedora in the final dungeon.
DA GODS RNT REAL BCUZ THEY WERENT ALWAYS GODS
What a terrible hook out of nowhere that made no sense. There is no rule that gods had to always be gods, for all intents and purposes they are gods. They might not be omnipotent abrahamic gods, but they certainly are some sort of powerful deity.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Playing multiplayer with your friends shouldn't be what you are forced to do on the weekends, when you are seen online.
Single player can be, often is, more enjoyable than multiplayer.

Lemming42

Arcane
While some of the opinions posted here are genuine, I'm calling it now. This thread is going to turn into General Gaming version of this thread https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/trigger-the-codex-with-a-statement.112015/

"Going to turn into"...?

It IS a re-hash of that thread. OP can't even cook up an original thought for himself.

Well, if you ask me, it IS a re-hash of that thread. OP can't even cook up an original thought for himself.

Unkillable Cat, more like Insufferable Cat.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom