Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline You're a cunt if you worship these games Top 40

Which Games Should never be near a "Top/Greatest Game" list?

• Mass Effect 2

Votes: 32 32.0%
  • Skyrim

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • Witcher 3

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Bioshock

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • GTA 5

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Minecraft

Votes: 20 20.0%
  • LA Noire

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Red Dead Redemption 1

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Red Dead Redemption 2

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Uncharted 2

Votes: 34 34.0%
  • Secret Of Mana

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • Seiken Deketsu 3

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Ocarina of Time

• Pokemon

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Tetris

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Fire Emblem

• Chrono Trigger

• Fallout 4

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • Fallout NV

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Metal Gear Solid 3

• Last of Us

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • Horizon Zero Dawn

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • Boarderlands 2

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • Batman Arkham City

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • Assasins Creed

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • Far Cry 3

• Total War

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undertale

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • World of Warcraft

• Disco Elysium

• Donkey King Kong Komrade Country 2 and 3

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Call of Duty 4

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • Nier Automata

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Half-Life 1

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Half Life 2

• Gauntlet

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Civilization 2/ Civilization 4

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Castlevania/ Castlevania 3/ Castlevania: Bloodlines/ Meteroidvanias

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Gain Ground

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Street Fighter 2/ Championship Edition

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

Falksi

Arcane
Any more nominations chaps & chappesses?

Farewell young Prince into the night

Gothic and Gothic 2 popamoles.

Hailed as hardcore and as masterpieces, but as casual as it gets outside of Morrowind.

Still doing a Gothic 1 retrospective on your blog, right?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I don't think best game lists are even capable of being saved. Besides the fact that everyone has their own stupid opinions, there are just too many HUGE GAMES that are just so incredibly shit, if you weeded them all out of a top 100 you would be left with about 3 games. Lists are just bad and stupid. Anyway here is my list.

Minecraft - I liked digging for resources and then using them to build a castle or something. But there is no fucking point to any of it. The enemies don't do anything, they just stare at you through the windows. When I first played it I thought it was going to develop into an awesome RTS/Tower Defense type game where you build a castle, then you build a moat around it, and then a second moat full of lava. And then you build catapults and archers and things on your castle and the enemy attacks get stronger each day and they smash down walls and climb and whatnot. Surviving becomes a real challenge and your fortress needs to grow bigger and stronger. Unfortunately the over excited retard gaming community turned the fat fuck into a millionaire so none of this needed to happen. He just kept adding more pointless junk to 'craft'.

Skyrim - I don't even want to explain how shit this is, it annoys me too much to think about it.

Twitcher - I don't get why people like the first game. The combat is the worst thing I've ever seen and that is mostly all you do. The third game was beautiful looking, great engine, and moments of good writing/voice acting, but the gameplay is just retarded. It is the most basic hacky slashy nonsense for dumb dudebro kids and no amount of modding can save it. The missions were substandard too.

GTA 5 - Everything about this is just so fucking bad, I can't believe it was accepted. The black guy is a total piece of shit who I just wanted to die. The bank robber guy is also a piece of shit and I hated his son too. And the psycho is a total psycho. I hated all of them. At least in previous GTA games I wanted to take CJ from the ghetto to richness or whatever, in this game I just hated them all. Also the missions were fucking terrible and that's all the game is, so why the fuck was it so well accepted? I couldn't believe it when I played it and started seeing tow truck missions, what the fuck. And the others weren't any better. Also the police AI is as shit as ever. Everything about it is bad, even the graphics were shit because it was all blurry at distances. Boring world design. Even the music was bad. And all that development time wasted on stupid mini games. What sort of retard plays golf or tennis or something in GTA? Go buy a real golf/tennis game. This game desperately needs to evolve. In San Andreas they tried new things like the hood wars thing where areas of the city get attacked by rival gangs and you have to go save them and take over other areas to increase your gangs cred or whatever. Unfortunately it was half baked and all pointless and janky too, but at least it was a new idea and it could have been developed into something far more interesting than fucking tow truck missions. But they have just given up even trying things like that now. They know they can make another dumb as shit game and plebs will buy it in the millions. I hoped Watch Dogs keeps developing and improving and releases a masterpiece at the same as GTA 7 or something and bankrupts those Rockstar cunts.

Bioshock - It is a clone of System Shock but with all the impressive aspects removed and dumbed down into a bland and retarded FPS for idiots. I am not surprised it sold so well. Any list that includes this game is completely invalidated by the fact that someone would choose this over an earlier game that did everything better. The arrogance that you would write a list without even knowing about something so well known and well documented is so obnoxious.

Halflife 2 - weak as shit, someone else explained why and they nailed it.

World of Warcraft - this game did some amazing things that really impress me, but the framework of it all is terrible. The only way to know why is to play EverQuest and see a game that did it all far better and far earlier. WoW deserves some credit but it also should be seen for what it is, which never happens because all the dimwits who play it have never played the games that came before it which were all more interesting.

Basically 99% of famous games are extremely bad.

Falksi

Arcane
Some good points anvi , especially those regards GTA5. It's a fucking abomination.

Gothic and Gothic 2 popamoles.

Hailed as hardcore and as masterpieces, but as casual as it gets outside of Morrowind.

Oooohh, edgy.

I'm a Gothic 2 fan, but can see it's failings, so open to that as a suggestion, but also need more of a case.

Care to elaborate a bit? Remember, popamoleyness in itself isn't a crime. Even if they are popamoley, they can stll be good games, so we need reasons as to by they're actually shit.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I am pretty sure her gripe with Gothic is the fact it's an Action RPG instead of a CRPG.

Sort of. My cultivated palate has been rapidly refining over the past year or so, and there are going to be casualties in the popamole arena. I was going to write a critical retrospective on Gothic, but instead I decided to sprinkle my prime write-ups with unkind remarks, since they get more views.

tbh, Deus Ex is in danger of being devalued by me as well, and I recently rated it 3rd all-time.

Top%2B10%2BBest%2BPC%2BRPGs%2Bof%2BAll%2BTime.png

I can see it getting wiped from my top 10 very soon.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I think I ignored the poll before. Red Dead 2 would get my top vote. Clunky as fuck mechanics in service to immersion that ruin the gameplay, and I like immersion. Also the story is only okay, and people who think it's great should watch Deadwood.

Falksi

Arcane
I think I ignored the poll before. Red Dead 2 would get my top vote. Clunky as fuck mechanics in service to immersion that ruin the gameplay, and I like immersion. Also the story is only okay, and people who think it's great should watch Deadwood.

Aye, Red Dead 2 was fucking wank. Way too cumbersome and clunky to be any fun. It's basically a shit load of boring dialogue as you let the computer ride your horse from point A to point B for ages, then a mess of combat, then fucking about with sardines & suchlike after.

I've no idea how folk enjoyed it. It's a piece of total shit.

Falksi

Arcane
Intereting top 5 (well 6 as 5th is joint) so far.......

Fallout 4
18 vote(s) 58.1%

Skyrim
14 vote(s) 45.2%

Bioshock
12 vote(s) 38.7%

Last of Us
10 vote(s) 32.3%

Red Dead Redemption 2
9 vote(s) 29.0%

Uncharted 2
9 vote(s) 29.0%

All inexplicably overrated games that should never see a "top" games list ever IMO.

Good work Dexers.
:excellent:

Falksi

Arcane
Does anyone actually worship Fallout 4 though?

Tbf, I ask myself the same question. It has appeared in a fair few "top games" lists, but doesn't get the amount of acclaim the likes of Skywank and Mass Wank 2 do.

Still, thought I'd just leave it on there anyway. Take that out & it's great to see the other top 5. I've played every one and absolutely hated everyone of them. Playing through them made me think "what kind of fucktardedness exists to see these games as classics"

It's comforting to know that fellow Dexers feel the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom