Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Ys series

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ok... I played it a little... and this series is fucking dead to me.

What is exactly that you didn't like in a Ys-with-party game? I ask this because I'm a fan of the Felghana and Origin ones (I like Ys Chronicles too, the 2nd one at least) and never tried one of these new games with no jump and what looks like a lot of farming. I'm afraid to waste my money!
There's always piracy for a quick demo.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Adol in a Japanese high-school
thinking.png

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hahah, now I'm getting some mental images of "Adenturer's school" where Adol is the teacher and you play another fucking self-insert Kyosuke McHoldback.

To be serious tho, I think it would be cool to have a game where you play as Adol before he started his "official" adventuring life at Esteria.
Maybe have him as a kid? Something cuter styled? Like Gurumin or Hat in Time or something.

Arthandas

Liturgist
Let's not give up, Arthandas . With Ys 8, Falcom has already made 3 consecutive "party" games. They never used a gimmick for more than 3 games in a row - which means we'll get solo Adol next time.
At this point I don't believe NF is competent enough to make a decent Ys game. Please let Adol die in peace.

To be serious tho, I think it would be cool to have a game where you play as Adol before he started his "official" adventuring life at Esteria.
Maybe have him as a kid? Something cuter styled? Like Gurumin or Hat in Time or something.
How about a game when people finally acknowledge he's a god slaying demigod and start to fear or worship him? By this point in the series isn't he like the most powerful being in the universe?
Also, it's pretty dumb you end the games with reality bending artifacts but start them naked with a common sword.

7 is really insulting in that you get yourself locked in a cell by some militia wimps who should basically die just by looking at you, and then a trap and a hooker TEACH ME HOW TO USE A FUCKING SWORD?! BITCH, I SPILLED SO MUCH BLOOD MY HAIR AND ARMOR BECAME RED!!!

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I feel like the number of games that actually acknowledge that shit can be counted on a single hand. I can only think of one off the top of my head.

Arthandas

Liturgist
I want to travel to a timeline where Ys III Chronicles+ is a thing :(

Maybe I should try other games directed by Masaya Hashimoto like ActRaisers, Terranigma or Soul Blazer trilogy?

Btw, do you know who was responsible for the look of both Chronicles games? Are there any other good rpgs with such charming pixel art?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I want to travel to a timeline where Ys III Chronicles+ is a thing :(

Maybe I should try other games directed by Masaya Hashimoto like ActRaisers, Terranigma or Soul Blazer trilogy?

Btw, do you know who was responsible for the look of both Chronicles games? Are there any other good rpgs with such charming pixel art?
Terranigma is part of the Soul Blazer Trilogy. Or the Quintet Trilogy. And I thought that all three were incredibly fun action RPGs. Not Ys fast but certainly fun enough.

Act Raiser is different and a little clunky, but the combination of a god game (you literally play god) and platformer is great.

Also check out Grandstream Saga for the sorta 4th game in the Quintet line.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
33% chance for Celceta PC announcement:

As I posted before, those silhouettes are English Detective Mysteria (some visual novel), Ys: Memories of Celceta, and Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Memories of Celceta is coming to PC this Summer: https://gematsu.com/2018/03/ys-memories-celceta-coming-pc-summer

XSEED Games is bringing Ys: Memories of Celceta is to PC this summer, the company announced.

Ys: Memories of Celceta was first released for PS Vita in 2012. A China-only PC version was released for PC in 2015.

The newly announced PC version of Ys: Memories of Celceta will be ported by the same team that handled the PC port of Ys Seven. It will receive “numerous enhancements,” including improved visuals with a wide range of HD resolutions, unlocked frame rates, fully customizable control bindings, mouse support, and more.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Men, which of the three swords I should upgrade to maximum for Ark of Napishtim's endgame?
thinking.png

I'm playing on hard where the final upgrades costs 250000 each and I don't have the time or patience to farm 500000 more, as 250000 already took a while. I have the final dungeon and optional bosses left.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom