Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zanzarah: The Hidden Portal

larpingdude14

Scholar
zanzarah.jpg

The PC's answer to Pokémon.
Let's discuss the awesomeness of this game.

User was nabbed fit

"Zanzarah is easy to summarize: It's Pokémon, except with fairies and first-person shooter battles."

Ooookay, sounds awesome!

Moggs

Liturgist
Hmmm, not sure I should actually own up to this, but I actually had a fair amount of fun with this game. The exploration/discovery side of things was quite distracting for a while.

ecliptic

Liturgist
the demo was actually decently amusing for what it was. i'd pirate the full version if i saw it. or get it for $3 or $4.

Zyrxil

Scholar
I actually had this game. Sure it's Pokemon, but an anti-retard version of Pokemon where your creatures don't just stand still exchanging attacks. You could capture fairies of different elements, equip them with different attacks with different energy costs, effects, damage, etc. It was very nice looking for the time it came out. Shame it was incredibly short for an RPG, something like 10 hours.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
I really enjoyed Zanzarah. Thought of it as a stupid and lame time pass, but suddenly got sucked in. Not quite sure whats the main attraction is, but I really liked the feeling, the combat system and ability to collect and develop my own fairies.

Oh yes, must be fairies.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just saw this game last week, it was sitting in a big 2002ish cardboard box. Never heard of it, read positive reviews and I'm gona buy it in a couple of days. :D

Zanzarah will join the queue of 30+ games waiting to be played. Non Vista compatible games get priority as I estimate that it will take at least 5 years before I can clear them all and XP may no longer be supported(I waited under 2007 before upgrading to XP). :shock:

Anybody got it working under Vista?

Fez

Erudite
I played the demo when it came out as it came with a magazine. It wasn't as bad as I expected.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2

Moggs

Liturgist
I can't imagine it would have any difficulties running on a modern machine. It's getting on for 15 years old!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Riskbreaker

I encountered pretty much no glitches nor performance issues so far.

Also, there is finally a way to run Zanzarah in proper widescreen resolutions! Visuals aged pretty well, if i dare say so meself.
D6676B30624A4AFBE88E0D10C7D7395EF6F47343

:love:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, I've beaten it & reviewed it for the book. Also wrote a review on Steam.

It's great game, with some really clever arena designs. Has a bit of that N64-like nostalgia, like playing Ocarina of Time or those Rare games... looks magical, a bit childish and just plain fun.

Shame the devs didn't properly fix all the issues the game has on modern computers. Opening any menu makes my FPS drop to like 5.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom