Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity 2 is Out

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Divinity 2

cdv sent word that <b><a href="http://www.divinity2.com/" target="blank">Divinity II – Ego Draconis</a></b> is now hitting shelves in North America.
<br>
<blockquote>cdv Software Entertainment USA is pleased to announce that Divinity II – Ego Draconis is now available in North America on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC! The sequel to the critically acclaimed fantasy RPG Divine Divinity, Divinity II - Ego Draconis transports players back to the wide-open, war-torn world of Rivellon where they will battle the forces of evil not just as a human Dragon Slayer, but also as a powerful dragon!
<br>
<br>
Developed by Larian Studios, Divinity II – Ego Draconis boasts a robust fantasy adventure of more than 60 hours, teeming with massive dungeons and outdoor spaces to explore. It boasts a bevy of features unique to the RPG market, like a classless Skill Tree system allowing for endless upgrading combinations, the power of mindreading and for the first time you’ll have the ability to play either on-foot as a Dragon Slayer or as a fire-breathing dragon!
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
Hit up <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=39489">the demo</a> if you're so inclined.

Good Ol' Drog

Educated
Hey, the US version seems to have a much less gay box art.
box.jpg

CrusaderTemplar

Liturgist
The most favorite part of the game is the many bugs that causes your character to be stuck and resorting to previous savegames (if you made any or start all over again)(I have encountered 3-5 cases where I have to resort to using a previous savegame.) Also, angry 360 console users complaining about "no respawning enemies" = Not a rpg. /points http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads ... 12&fpart=1

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
1: NO LOOT FARMIN
2: LIMITED LOOT
3: LIMITED GOLD
4: NO GOING BACK TO OWN ENIMES WITH YOUR NEW WEAPON
5: LIMITED LEVELS

I edited my starter post so people could better understand what NO RESPWANS MEAN.

OMG, That's pure gold! :lol:

bat_boro

Arcane
That's obviously a troll, and a pretty obvious one, too.

I mean, you can't be that stupid, no way in hell could someone be THAT stupid and at the same time full of himself.

Gwendo

Augur
Berekän said:
1: NO LOOT FARMIN
2: LIMITED LOOT
3: LIMITED GOLD
4: NO GOING BACK TO OWN ENIMES WITH YOUR NEW WEAPON
5: LIMITED LEVELS

I edited my starter post so people could better understand what NO RESPWANS MEAN.

OMG, That's pure gold! :lol:

I agree with point 4. When I level up my character, I want to feel like he's more powerful, not just barely able to keep going on.

That was a problem in Oblivion too, with its level scaling. And you all criticized it. There's no level scaling in this game, but the problem remains, because the game has a linear structure where all enemies get stronger as you get stronger as well.

Good Ol' Drog

Educated
bat_boro said:
That's obviously a troll, and a pretty obvious one, too.

I mean, you can't be that stupid, no way in hell could someone be THAT stupid and at the same time full of himself.
Bah. The official forums are full of kids. Just take a look at the posts, no one over there can spell for shit.

I've read about a dozen threads there, and it's quite depressing.

Gwendo said:
There's no level scaling in this game, but the problem remains, because the game has a linear structure where all enemies get stronger as you get stronger as well.
No, they don't, because the game offers nonlinear exploration, so you can miss a low level area early on but find it later and easily own everyone there.

Also, there IS some limited level scaling in the game. E.g. a group of mobs can be as low as level 8 and as high as level 12, but they won't scale any further. Additionally, there's damage scaling, that is you do less damage to mobs that are several levels above you. This has a side effect when mobs that are about 5-6 levels lower than you can't damage you at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom