Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age: Origins – Expandening

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Guys this is an expansionn not a full sequel. Think SOU, HOTU, or TOSTSC not TOB which was more a fully realized game. Don't expect a fully realized game. I'm actually shocked that they will be dealing with what they claim to me. I would have expected just another major quest or two ala TOTSC than anything else.

Tardvapor

Novice
Biofluff said:
featuring an epic story that will allow players to unravel the secrets of the darkspawn - and their true motivations!

It turns out the darkspawn aren't generic evil incarnate bent on extinguishing all life. Nope, the truth is far more sinister. Think bigger. Think multi-dimensional credit card fraud.

aries202

Erudite
What I meant by pointing to the toolset was hoping that someone, anyone, could make a plot for a (big) mod that wasn't a rehash of the original game's plot. And no, I don't want more Grey Wardens, I want fewer Grey Wardens.

And no, the expansion for TotsC wasn't and isn't creative and unique because you go to an island; it was and is this because of the content. In TotsC you go to an Island, there's an interesting main quest or two, sidequests are really interesting as well. Cpmpare this to The Awakening which seems to be is basically just more of the same - Grey Wardens rebuilding - just now with talking darkspawn!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"no, the expansion for TotsC wasn't and isn't creative and unique because you go to an island;"

That's the reason you gave. You fuckin' lose. And, your lame attempt ar further explaination is just weak and pathetic. None of what you describe for TOTSC makes it sound creative or unique. You seem to be confusing fun with those two things.

No doubt that A will be more creative and unique than TOTSC. No doubt at all. Will it more fun? That will be tough as TOTSC was really fun.

L0L Goin' to an island is the height of creativity and uniqueness! HAHAHAHAHAH!

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Tardvapor said:
It turns out the darkspawn aren't generic evil incarnate bent on extinguishing all life. Nope, the truth is far more sinister. Think bigger. Think multi-dimensional credit card fraud.

Sad but true.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
shihonage said:
Tardvapor said:

Sad but true.

I hate to be the one that breaks it to you, since I'm not that big a fan of the concept for this expansion, but it's more like: "You thought the darkspawn were just mindless killers with cliché ambitions, eh? Well, this expansion will reveal the reason for their killing!"

That should have been implemented in the core game, of course, but there's no reason to be a retard when critizing DA:O. Plenty of other, good reasons to do that.

Wasn't this supposed to be a trilogy? And the darkspawn are the Big Evil? Why would you give away their evil secrets in the expansion to the first game then?

Apologies if I am incorrect, I haven't played the game.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Grunker said:
shihonage said:
Tardvapor said:

Sad but true.

I hate to be the one that breaks it to you, since I'm not that big a fan of the concept for this expansion, but it's more like: "You thought the darkspawn were just mindless killers with cliché ambitions, eh? Well, this expansion will reveal the reason for their killing!"

That should have been implemented in the core game, of course, but there's no reason to be a retard when critizing DA:O. Plenty of other, good reasons to do that.

I hereby announce Pacman: The Vortex. An expansion on the original Pacman game where you find out the ghosts' true goals for eating Pacman. All your questions will be finally answered !

$40.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I really hate this retarded need for there to be some sort of 'deeper' meaning to things. Seriosuly, sometimes a spade is just a spade. Quite frankly, whatever the 'true' motivation for the darksapwn is probably going to be so convulted it's gonna be funny.

Their original concept is fine. Just like I don't need to find out that aliens from the Alien franchisem are just lovesick puppies looking for friends. FFS That's fuckin' dumb.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Volourn said:
I really hate this retarded need for there to be some sort of 'deeper' meaning to things. Seriosuly, sometimes a spade is just a spade. Quite frankly, whatever the 'true' motivation for the darksapwn is probably going to be so convulted it's gonna be funny.

Their original concept is fine. Just like I don't need to find out that aliens from the Alien franchisem are just lovesick puppies looking for friends. FFS That's fuckin' dumb.

Obviously you stupid fucking idiot, because you have no taste and have a small fucking brain and also no soul, fuck off with your low standards go die in a fire

Volourn

Pretty Princess
So... you admit it.. you want aliens to be like loveable puppies? K, then.

This isn't a god damn expansion. Its the original game that wasn't included. Don't pretend shit like your enemies entire fucking motivation isn't part of the original game. Its like if you went through the entirety of BG, not knowing the Bhallspawn angle, then Bioware released an 'expansion' which detailed the whole story that was actually going on for another $30.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"This isn't a god damn expansion. Its the original game that wasn't included. Don't pretend shit like your enemies entire fucking motivation isn't part of the original game. Its like if you went through the entirety of BG, not knowing the Bhallspawn angle, then Bioware released an 'expansion' which detailed the whole story that was actually going on for another $30."

That's fuckin' dumb. But, hey, you are one of those shit eating peabrains who need to have everything fed to you by hand in a neat little pile. Youa re the type of dumbfuck that's gonna have BIO get buttufcked into bring Dead Duncan back, making the darkspawn have 'feelings' basically turning darkspawn into just another lame race.

I can see the fuckin' advertising niow:

BUY DA2 AND PLAY A DARKSPAWN!

FFS I BLAME IDIOTS LIKE YOU FOR DUMBED DOWN SHIT LIKE BG, KOTOR, AND SOZ. FFS

Silellak

Cipher
It's a shame, really; I preferred the Darkspawn as more of a "force of nature" than an actual race with motivations beyond "destroy all life". Sure, it sounds simplistic, until you realize the fight against the Darkspawn isn't really the point of the story in Dragon Age. They're just the "natural disaster" that triggers the more-important character-based stories.

People don't watch zombie movies and wish the zombies had more of a motivation. The stories in zombie movies are always about the people and how they cope with disaster.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"People don't watch zombie movies and wish for the zombies had more of a motivation. The stories in zombie movies are always about the people and how they cope with disaster."

Bingo. Loghain's fall from big time war hero to butthurt bigot is a huge part of this.

Now, the darkspawna re gonna have fuckin' feelings FFS.

Silellak said:
People don't watch zombie movies and wish for the zombies had more of a motivation. The stories in zombie movies are always about the people and how they cope with disaster.

Exactly. Had they wanted the darkspawn to be nothing more then bad guys who kill everything, thats fine. Kind of boring for a 30+ hour game, but fine. But this would be like if all the zombies suddenly became sentient and had motives and shit. Bioware is either:

A. Taking away planned stuff from the game and including it in an add on.

or

B. Didn't realize from the beginning that the darkspawn were horribly uninteresting and that any players with a modicum of intelligence was going to get bored. Now they are trying to fix their game by making you pay more for an add on.

or

C. Can't be bothered to actually have DA2 take into account what you did during DA1, so during this add on they will sweep all your possible outcomes under the rug and things will pretty much end up the same.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
You may be overweight but you are also definitely under IQed. FFS You are dumb.

"Now they are trying to fix their game by making you pay more for an add on. "

This is proof of your retardedness. Games don't get expansions to 'fix things'; they get expansions because of their popularity. Dumbass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom