Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 Miranda Lawson Trailer

Yes, the Spectre who kept humanity from becoming the collective chew-toy of a bunch of psychotic AI has to earn the trust of some Cerberus lackey. The secretive organization that he would have gladly nuked from orbit if he ever had the chance in the last game.

I'm sure he'll get right on that.

Melcar

Arcane
Is it me, or does the face look odd in relation to the rest of the models? That chick's face face looks of much higher quality than the rest of the body, making for an odd looking model there.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Melcar said:
Is it me, or does the face look odd in relation to the rest of the models? That chick's face face looks of much higher quality than the rest of the body, making for an odd looking model there.
Yeap, it's kind of stale as well.

But why does she have black hair?

IRL:
yvonne_strahovski_chuck.jpg
yvonne-strahovski-sarah-chuck.jpg

Ass Effect:
miranda.jpg

Urk.

J1M

Arcane
They also fucked up her nose in profile view, but I'm guessing that blonde hair makes it harder to hide the shitty self shadowing and hair physics in Mass Effect.

maybe they should have tried to make something that looks good in their engine instead of trying to model someone from real life. especially when the result is going to look so... she just doesn't fit in with the rest of the character models. botched imo.

MetalCraze

Arcane
So did Mass Effect 2 already become "it's not so bad as I had originally thought and I will even buy it now so it will restore my hope in next-gen RPG!" or are we not there yet?

bat_boro

Arcane
Yeah, it did. It's now on the road of becoming 'it's good for what it is", now suck it skyway!

denizsi

Arcane
"It's good for what it is": the new catch phrase of nextgen Codexers. You can use it to justify your enthusiasm for shit.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
It's good for what it is. A stream of diarrhea. Also, what it does, it does well. Stink and pollute.
If there was a reward for a "Shitty console shooter pretending to be a RPG" or "A Retard-friendly game" category, Ass Effect and its sequel would be serious contenders with FINO.

Devil

Scholar
denizsi said:
"It's good for what it is": the new catch phrase of nextgen Codexers. You can use it to justify your enthusiasm for shit.
It's funny to hear it from you, Mr. "as long as the game was meant to be shit, it's ok". Dumping your BS everywhere, business as usual I see.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Melcar said:
That already was the case with MEh1. Faces good to great, the rest on a level with KotOR.

Twinkle

Liturgist
If there was a reward for a "Shitty console shooter pretending to be a RPG" or "A Retard-friendly game" category, Ass Effect and its sequel would be serious contenders with FINO

Ass Effects are hardly a competition to an outstanding next-gen RPG Fallout 3 in these categories, though.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
z3r'0' said:
She's sexy... Is she polish?
Yvonne's parents immigrated to Australia from Warsaw, Poland.

Date of Birth
30 July 1982, Maroubra, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

MetalCraze

Arcane
Twinkle said:
If there was a reward for a "Shitty console shooter pretending to be a RPG" or "A Retard-friendly game" category, Ass Effect and its sequel would be serious contenders with FINO

Ass Effects are hardly a competition to an outstanding next-gen RPG Fallout 3 in these categories, though.

But right up Dragon Age's valley nonetheless. Although I doubt ME will beat the next level of dumbing down introduced in DA - aka insta-regen-of-immortal-party-characters.

denizsi

Arcane
Devil said:
denizsi said:
It's funny to hear it from you, Mr. "as long as the game was meant to be shit, it's ok". Dumping your BS everywhere, business as usual I see.

Butthurt detected.

Twinkle

Liturgist
MetalCraze said:
Twinkle said:

But right up Dragon Age's valley nonetheless. Although I doubt ME will beat the next level of dumbing down introduced in DA - aka insta-regen-of-immortal-party-characters.

DA isn't the first Bioware's game with immortal party members. You'll die a lot, especially on the first walkthrough, though it has more to do with LOL U R PWNED encounter design than a complexity of game's combat. On the other hand several mages with right spells is pretty much "I win" combo in any situation.

Pablosdog

Prophet
I never found da to be that difficult, even playing as a warrior, it was all about party placement and spamming cone of cold with morrigan. True that Ghaxkang or whatever, was pretty difficult with only a single mage, but if you put shale in front and use her as a tank, then it's all smooth butt sailing from there.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Twinkle said:
DA isn't the first Bioware's game with immortal party members.
That's why it wasn't the only thing that I wrote. They just took dumbing down to the next level with the insta-regen.

You'll die a lot, especially on the first walkthrough, though it has more to do with LOL U R PWNED encounter design than a complexity of game's combat.
Of course - shitty regen system counter-"balanced" by an even shittier encounter design. Instead of you know - having it like in those old games - it was challenging too and your party members even died.

Ha I also like how some morons on the Codex protected the system with arguments like "but your party doesn't insta-regenrate in combat!" like it's some fucking innovation.

Silellak

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
So did Mass Effect 2 already become "it's not so bad as I had originally thought and I will even buy it now so it will restore my hope in next-gen RPG!" or are we not there yet?
So did Mass Effect 2 already become "the next game Skyway will be butthurt about a few people enjoying" or are we not there yet?

bhlaab

Erudite
I think she's the first person in Mass Effect to actually look like a human so that's interesting

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom