Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

70 hours of Dragon Age

sheek

Arbiter
Screenshot20100113184314781b.jpg

Damn this game is slow... only 50%?

edit: swap 'long' for 'slow'

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Whata re you doing Sheek? Shitting in your pants every 2 seconds and letting the game stay on while you do so? 70 hours and only level 15 and not even 100 gold made? WTF

sheek

Arbiter
I didn't think it was that long. I think I left the computer on once overnight maybe ten hours. Maybe it counts pauses? I am pretty meticulous, trying every side quest, checking every corner and conversation choice, but it's still depressing.

This game is a genocide simulator.
By the end I'm estimating 3,000 I hope not more than that. I'll make it a test.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Took me 60ish hours total, and I take my time as well. :p

sheek

Arbiter
Did you/would you do another play through?

I wanted to try another Origin 'cos it seems I picked the suckiest but probably not if it's going to be 30+ hours.

70 hours and only level 15 and not even 100 gold made? WTF
I thought level 20-22 is the max possible doing all side quests at the end, 20 can't be that far away in XP.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Did you/would you do another play through? "

I'm right at the last part onn my second oplay through, but I gave away my 360m version and got the PC version since I upgraded my computer (man, is the PC version worse in some ways or what) and am starting anew to prep for the expansion.

Second time thriough I was at 45ish hours.

"I thought level 20-22 is the max possible doing all side quests at the end, 20 can't be that far away in XP."

25 is max I believe, and I reached 20. I collected hundreds of gold though...

DriacKin

Arbiter
Volourn said:
man, is the PC version worse in some ways or what

Are you just talking about performance issues or gameplay/user interface stuff? (Note: I've never touched the X360 version.)

Silellak

Cipher
DriacKin said:
Volourn said:
man, is the PC version worse in some ways or what

Are you just talking about performance issues or gameplay/user interface stuff? (Note: I've never touched the X360 version.)
Yes, I'm curious as well. In what ways is the PC version worse?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
got the PC version since I upgraded my computer (man, is the PC version worse in some ways or what)

of corz I bet it's like totally inferior, adjust difficulty to nightmare and then report back how bosses do totally never resist spells cuz it was all lies

MetalCraze

Arcane
Kills 1145?

Hoho fuck those "combat-oriented" dungeon crawlers they suck so hard!

VentilatorOfDoom said:
got the PC version since I upgraded my computer (man, is the PC version worse in some ways or what)

of corz I bet it's like totally inferior, adjust difficulty to nightmare and then report back how bosses do totally never resist spells cuz it was all lies

Yeah adjust difficulty to "nightmare" because the game is so easy and AI is so dumb that you must give enemies cheats and double their damage to make it at least 5% more fun - otherwise you are not hardkkkore enough and your opinion doesn't count.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
MetalCraze said:
Yeah adjust difficulty to "nightmare" because the game is so easy and AI is so dumb that you must give enemies cheats and double their damage to make it at least 5% more fun - otherwise you are not hardkkkore enough and your opinion doesn't count.

Don't forget: you need to install at least fifty mods to make the game faintly bearable. Kind of like Oblivion/FO3, actually.

Like what? I've installed two, maybe three fixes for some bugs, and some of these were even fixed on 1.02.

Most of the mods seem to be only extremely necessary things like "whiter teeth", nude mods, sex mods, cosmetic changes, and general cheese, anyway

hakuroshi

Augur
"Time played" is tricky, I happened to notice once. I had a save at the end of Ashes quest before all big talk with Arl (Save A). I don't remember the exact time played, but it does not matter here. I've played through all conversation and saved again (Save B). Then I've reverted to previous Save A to test some dialogue choices (I tried to save blood mage guy - to no avail). As I've already heard most voiceovers, I skipped them this time, so I've spent significantly less "time played" - stats says 10 mins less then in Save B. But an interesting fact was that timestamps on savefiles did not concur with this times. Timestamp of Save B was some 10 mins later then Save A, and Save C was 5 mins later then Save B, so I spent only 5 mins less then at first playthrough, not 10 as stats suggested.
I did not bother to do more experiments, so all this may be only a glitch (mine as well as the game's), but it seems that the game counts time spent in dialogues somewhat longer then in actually takes.

kris

Arcane
sheek said:
This game is a genocide simulator.
By the end I'm estimating 3,000 I hope not more than that. I'll make it a test.

Of note is how you normally kill much more "people" than darkspawn. Some grey warden you usually turn out to be... and how dangerous does the darkspawn feel when you defeat them and yet kill more humans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom