Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yes or No on ME2?

Buy ME2

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

RolePlayer

Augur
Sarcasm can be a bit hard to catch on the internet sometimes; especially when you only have a basic familiarity with the many personalities on the forum here.

I usually let you guys play the new stuff and will make a purchase decision based on the feedback.

Usually it's pretty clear one way or another if the game is good. A consensus opinion is usually pretty easy to pick up on. However, I'm not sure whether the positive comments about ME2 are sarcasm, or genuine praise about the game. It seems like there isn't a lot of superfluous bashing either, which is normal for modern blockbuster titles here.

Anyway, if I can trouble you for an honest opinion on your experience with the game, and a "Yes" or "No" recommendation, please let me know.

DISCLAIMER: I am familiar with torrents, I use them to transfer data (professionally) and am well aware I can rip the game off from one of the many popular trackers out there. Call me old fashioned but I like to support an industry that has given me so much over the yrs. So I'm only looking to "buy" the game.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
If you've got the money to spare, then sure.
I finished it, found it to be pretty mediocre with some high-points here and there, mostly among the characters in the crew.
I would recommend torrenting, since it's not really worth playing twice, hence not worth owning.

Ch1ef

Scholar
Call me old fashioned but I like to support an industry that has given me so much over the yrs. So I'm only looking to "buy" the game.
You're not old fashioned, you're just an idiot.

vrok

Liturgist
If you liked ME1 and don't mind dumbed down wannabe console fag Gears of War shooters then go ahead.

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Wait a month or so : time for fangirls underpants and rageglands to dry up - and for codexers to give a somewhat objective opinion on ME 2.

Imbecile

Arbiter
I've heard its excellent, and an improvement on the original. I'lll certainly give it a go...once I've ploughed through the pile of games I've yet to complete

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Morgoth said:
Don't listen to the Bioware haters here.

Buy it. Full price. It's Bio's second best game to date (after Baldur's Gate II).

Fixed. And I have to say I agree, it is Bioware's second best game.

As for Prestigious Codex Standards™:

C&C: So far, the choices you made in 1 effect a few things. i.e. If you saved a certain NPC at Virmire, they end up as a leader in this one world. Which in theory may gain you some help in Mass Effect 3. It's unknown if it will be typical Biowarian - No matter what you choose, they all lead to the same conclusion though. Such as the Council. I saved them, and all you basically get is a bonus scene featuring them.

Dialogue: I'm finding it good to quite excellent. As other pointed out the Salarian quest was very well written and the choice at the end... I actually had to stop a minute and think. Dialoge is subjective however, While I may find some stuff well written, the resident grammar natzis will just shout banal, shit boring... etc..

Combat: Well it's a shooter. Plain and simple. It's not the Codexian beloved turn-based, but I am finding it enjoyable. As others have mentioned it is basically Gears of War, Biowarian style. And yeah, that sums it up at it's basic level. All of your Stats basically allow you different ways to "de-Buff" the enemy (remove Biotic shields, Armor, Shield etc...). No Skills effect your combat as a whole (i,e, raising Strength etc...). AI hacking is a fucking blast though. So pretty much it's Deus-Ex.... like.

Alternate quest resolutions: Unlike DA:O which had...... a few, I'm not seeing any? There's the throw the fucker out the window RENEGADE EXTREME option or Paragon save the guy. That's pretty much it.

Overall, Mass Effect 2 is a very well done Action Game with RPG elements.

vrok

Liturgist
entertainer said:
Don't listen to the Bioware fanboys here.

Don't buy it. Not even torrent it. It's Bio's worst game to date (after Dragon Age).
You're doing it wrong.

1. Torrent the fucking game
2. Finish the fucking game
3. Did you like it?
3a) Yes GOTO 5
3b) No GOTO 9
5. Does it have bullshit DRM, outrageous price, needs .NET or any other secondary shit you don't want to put up with?
5a) Yes GOTO 9
5b) No GOTO 6
6. Buy the game
9. Don't buy the game

IT REALLY IS NOT THAT HARD, SHOULD I DRAW YOU A CHART INSTEAD

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Emotional Vampire said:
3. Did you like it?
3a) Yes GOTO 5
3b) No GOTO 9
5. Does it have bullshit DRM, outrageous price, needs .NET or any other secondary shit you don't want to put up with?
5a) Yes GOTO 9
5b) No GOTO 6
6. Buy the game
9. Don't buy the game

There's really no point anymore to buy a game once you finished it.

Tails

Arbiter
Morgoth said:
Not really, some games offer fair amount of replayability. Oh wait, you been talking about ME2 :smug:

Also what Chateaubryan. After some time, when people stop being hyped, you will get rather fair opinions about ME2, like it was with DA:O.

Morgoth said:

fuck-you.jpg

Wikipedia said:
Emo has been associated with a stereotype that includes being particularly emotional, sensitive, shy, introverted, or angst-ridden. It has also been associated with depression, self-injury, and suicide.

Which of these fits into posting a giant FUCK YOU image

Get the fuck out of here

LazyD

Liturgist
hahaha the 08'er told the 03'er to gtfo!

Lets toss moar Shit please LOLOL

Azarkon

Arcane
Morgoth said:
Emotional Vampire said:
3. Did you like it?
3a) Yes GOTO 5
3b) No GOTO 9
5a) Yes GOTO 9
5b) No GOTO 6
6. Buy the game
9. Don't buy the game

There is honor among thieves

:smugcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom