Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is "Mass Effect 2" an RPG or a TPS?

ME2 = RPG or TPS?

• RPG

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • TPS

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Emotional Vampire said:
Mortmal said:
if ME2 is not a rpg , then the only games that qualify as such are fallout 1-2 and arcanum

FINALLY you're getting it!

He forgot some games, but other than that, yeah, he's getting it.

mondblut

Arcane
Kaanyrvhok said:
If ME isnt an RPG then we are going to have to kick IWD, SotSB, Dragon Age, Diablo (which I'm fine with), and almost every JRPG out of the genre.

It by SotSB you mean Secret of the Silver Blades, it is turnbased and therefore an RPG.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kaanyrvhok said:
If ME isnt an RPG then we are going to have to kick IWD, SotSB, Dragon Age, Diablo (which I'm fine with), and almost every JRPG out of the genre.

jRPGs are grindfests with tons of cutscenes, non-interactive dialogues and linear character progression without number crunching.
They're not RPGs.

IWD and SotSB are dungeon crawlers with character development, turnbased/RtwP combat which is based on a pen and paper RPG system and lots of dice rolling. They are RPGs.

mondblut

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
jRPGs are grindfests with tons of cutscenes, non-interactive dialogues and linear character progression without number crunching.
They're not RPGs.

IWD and SotSB are dungeon crawlers with character development, turnbased/RtwP combat which is based on a pen and paper RPG system and lots of dice rolling. They are RPGs.

Don't feed a larper. Their kind doesn't even know what "turnbased" or "realtime" means, they only notice dialogue trees to click upon. :smug:

xcessive303

Novice
Its a fucking hybrid action RPG. It has TPS AND RPG elements. What does it matter that it isn't a fucking traditional RPG? If its fun who gives a fuck??

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
xcessive303 said:
Its a fucking hybrid action RPG. It has TPS AND RPG elements. What does it matter that it isn't a fucking traditional RPG? If its fun who gives a fuck??

I dunno, the people who bought it expecting an RPG?

Though that is very unlikely indeed.

Mattresses

Scholar
xcessive303 said:

it is not fun, it is a shit shooter and a shit rpg.

Black

Arcane
xcessive303 said:
Shall I tell you something about "fun", my dear retard?

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Emotional Vampire said:
C+ if you count the avatar.

banned.gif

Hey we can't all have a cool one like yours.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Black said:
xcessive303 said:

:lol:

lecturing someone on what's fun seems like just about the stupidest most pretentious thing I've ever seen, good job

xcessive303

Novice
Black said:
xcessive303 said:

As finding something 'fun' is a subjective opinion, no I don't want you to tell me something about 'fun'.

Thanks for the offer though.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
"Fun" is not subjective at all.

If I think something's fun, then it IS - if you think otherwise, then you're obviously a retard and your opinion doesn't mean shit. (err.... actually it probably does mean shit..... fuck I just confused myself).

:smug:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Black said:
xcessive303 said:
As finding something 'fun' is a subjective opinion, no I don't want you to tell me something about 'fun'.
Bravo, if it's subjective then nobody gives a fuck
Oh and lavoisier, you still got some explaining to do.
Fetch! http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... t=#1030293

had a brain lapse, thought you wrote "As in, BG2 was more complex than JA2? I'd agree, if by "more complex" you mean "broken"."

weird really I was pretty sure of it, anyway I decided to jest because I don't like you, honestly I don't even know what JA2 (I'm guessing it's jagued alliance or some game from 1902 I never played) so who knows you may even be right, thanks for pointing it out I hadn't bothered to check back on that thread.

when does my lecture in fun begin? please tell me what to like and dislike I wanna be one of the cool smart kids like you and skyway

Black

Arcane
Lavoisier said:
I don't like you
My heart aches terribly!
honestly I don't even know what JA2 (I'm guessing it's jagued alliance or some game from 1902 I never played)
... And suddenly it's okay again! Man, disliked by dumbfucks- what a horrible thing.

Joe Krow

Erudite
The game is a twitch fest- the combat, the dialogue, everything. Just because you can occasionally steer the plot by making arbitrary hypertext choices doesn't make it an rpg. If it ain't based on the character's attributes it ain't an rpg. Period.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom