Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Communist way

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Since not everyone gets it: we have communism in our village, so everyone use whatever and whenever they need. Of course it can't be very chaotic or shit will happen but please don't be butthurt if someone takes anything. The only exception are houses. Don't take anything from any house without permission (well, except mine, I give permission to everyone to take whatever they need from my house, and my house works as public storage anyway).

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
That's how the original Codexia was, and it was a failure. I preferred how things were before the reset.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
No one said you can't claim land around your house and do whatever the fuck you want there. Also this is noobtown. We need to setup a pallisade quick so no one raeps us plus we don't have pickaxes to pave a huge ass roads and stuff

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
God-damned Communists.

Ideally we'll find a mine and setup near that, assuming good Q water and clay is also nearby. Then we'll setup under the "Individual Plots" approach.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
DarkUnderlord said:
God-damned Communists.

Ideally we'll find a mine and setup near that, assuming good Q water and clay is also nearby. Then we'll setup under the "Individual Plots" approach.

yessssssss

RayvenQ

Novice
So we're gonna be moving from where we currently are some time in the future?

Jeff

Novice
by the way, what's the quality of the kiln just outside the village? I have some q25 clay and i could do some bricks, but the quality should be lowered considerably if the kiln is q10.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
RayvenQ said:
So we're gonna be moving from where we currently are some time in the future?
Unless we're lucky enough to find a mine nearby or decide to keep what we have and have the mine as an alternate village. Depends on what resources are where and what Q they are. Prior to the reset we found a spot with Q69 Water, Q69 Soil and good Clay, not far from Q98 Clay and a separate Mine village we setup which we crossroaded back and forth between.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
If I need to be honest, for me the bigger failure was New Kodexia, at least for the 3 and a half people that were actually online at the time. We managed to split and stretch our already thinning numbers. The village was waaay too big to be of any use and there was way too much work around it to be able to actually pay attention to your personal plot. And again the only usable space in it was the small square with the village idol and the ovens. Our first village was better in that we learned how to actually play and what not to do, also it was good for the lulz, what we mostly play the game for. It was good for what it was.

Also you should keep in mind that the world is a lot more densely populated now. I don't think that we'll have the opportunity to build brick walls for more than 3 months while the village stays unclaimed and unguarded.

I am not saying that we should not go the way of personal plots. Just saying that the way we executed it was not the optimal one. I strongly feel that we should stick together this time and not make 9000 different villages so everyone gets separated and confused about what he should be doing. A mine is a mine we don't have to build a village around it for it to be functional.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Shut up, Muty. Codexia sucked dick. And I mean gay dick sucking, not the good kind.

Codexia was a giant clusterfuck.
  • Finding shit was impossible. Community buildings were mixed with private buildings, things were strewn about randomly, and shit was constantly moved around.
  • Navigating the town was a pain in the ass. There were no clear roads, so you had to zig-zag around buildings. Good luck getting a cart through town. And whoever thought it was a good idea to wall off each separate "district" was a dickhole.
  • The different jobs (farming, cooking, etc.) were completely dominated by one or two individuals. Those people would bitch when n00bs would try to help because they lowered QL. And then they would bitch because they were tired of being the only ones doing it.
  • Nubs chopped down all the trees in and around the village and fucked with everyone's shit.

This new town is already starting to turn into a shithole. I say we abandon it once we skill up and find a mine.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
Shut up, Muty. Codexia sucked dick. And I mean gay dick sucking, not the good kind.

Codexia was a giant clusterfuck.
  • Finding shit was impossible. Community buildings were mixed with private buildings, things were strewn about randomly, and shit was constantly moved around.
  • Navigating the town was a pain in the ass. There were no clear roads, so you had to zig-zag around buildings. Good luck getting a cart through town. And whoever thought it was a good idea to wall off each separate "district" was a dickhole.
  • The different jobs (farming, cooking, etc.) were completely dominated by one or two individuals. Those people would bitch when n00bs would try to help because they lowered QL. And then they would bitch because they were tired of being the only ones doing it.
  • Nubs chopped down all the trees in and around the village and fucked with everyone's shit.

This new town is already starting to turn into a shithole. I say we abandon it once we skill up and find a mine.

Muty said:
Our first village was better in that we learned how to actually play and what not to do, also it was good for the lulz, what we mostly play the game for. It was good for what it was.

Why don't you learn to read before you post for a beginning. Then someone may actually take the shit you write seriously. :smug:

OSK

Arcane
Patron
And how the fuck does that make the village better? It doesn't.

Fuck your nostalgia.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
dude learn to read before shitposting. What nostalgia?

Still waiting to hear why the new noobvillage is shit.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
OldSkoolKamikaze said:

Well, moving town once we find a mine isn't a bad idea (at least if the mine is far away). We could do that but is it needed anyway? And so far the Fair Codexia is not shithole, it's easy to find yourself around etc. The other good idea is to stay here and when we find a mine set up there just people who's gonna make metal or mine. The only bad idea is to set up two villages - Fair Codexia and the onne around mine.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
OH GOD IT'S ALL OVER NOW.

We've learned a lot about organisation, so as long as we plan ahead, we can make either town work. We will need to setup villages at any mines and other resources we find though, to claim them and use them. It is unlikely they'll be near each other and once established we can crossroad between them all easily enough.

We will have a main town, it's just the other villages will be satellite operations for alts or travelling to when we need to (IE. I had Mr. Bones as my mining alt who lived at Zpang's fortress but took the Crossroads to Nova Codeksia to drop off deliveries).

I liked the combination individual plots and community plots, as people could fuck with their own shit (high Q) or fuck with the community's shit (low Q). Nova was a big town but I didn't think running around it was too bad. Though maybe the lesson there is a better organised central area, with the individual plots on the out-lying areas around the town.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
EvilJew01.gif

Yeeeesh....

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
DarkUnderlord said:
Though maybe the lesson there is a better organised central area, with the individual plots on the out-lying areas around the town.

Well pretty much this. make a big center with well organized infrastructure and a brick wall around. After that just define the roads around it and let the ppl build walls, pallisades, feudal kingdoms, harems or whatever they want

also:
EvilJew01.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom