Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampire Masquerade:Bloodlines wins RPGDot RPG of the Year

john_jaxs

Novice
RPGDot has awarded Bloodlines with Best RPG in their Game of the Year awards for 2004 (voted by the fans of KOTOR, Morrowind, Ultima, Gothic, Dungeon Siege, Arx Fatalis and general all RPG fans who visit RPGDot).

"Bloodlines dripped with a dark, suspenseful atmosphere and featured some of the most memorable characters to appear in an RPG"
In addition to that, Bloodlines also won their categories for Best Graphics, Best Music & Sound and Biggest Surprise.

Vampire The Masquerade:Bloodlines uses the same engine as Half Life 2. It also features John DiMaggio (voices Bender in Futurama) who voices a vampire named Jack (he was a pirate) who is pretty much the Vampire version of Bender.

You can check out a trailer at the official site http://www.vampirebloodlines.com/ also the famous Leopold bug that keep some people from checking this great game out was fixed by two different patches (along with other bugs that really had no impact on gameplay or storyline, they can both be found at http://www.planetvampire.com/

Bloodlines Reviews got:

7.7 from Gamespot

From Gamepro it got:

Graphics: 4.5 out of 5.0
Sound:4.5 out of 5.0
Control: 4.0 out of 5.0

4 out of 5 stars from Gamespy

8.4 From IGN

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Thanks for telling us, man. We should, like, check this game out or something.

Surlent

Liturgist
Wow, is this some kind of intellectual humor I can't get into ? Something beyond sarcasm ? :?
Anyway haven't seen this kind in Codex in long time.

Saran

Scholar
OMFGZ!!!!!

1t wuz gh3y until t3h 3nd, th3n t3h 3xzplozionz cum tik 4nd f45t 4nd 1t r00x3d meh s0xxorz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!

storye: f4gz

gw4phicz: HL2 FUR FUGZ ZAXES!!!!!!!!!!OFMGZ00RZ!!!!!

zOuNdZ: G0th F4gGzorZ LOLLERZ!!!!!!!!!111!!1!

T0T4l: Tw3lFtY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you can see gentlemen, this game will indeed "0WnZ j000!!!!!1!".

I shall now demonstrate the level of pwnage with this handy little image:

Fez

Erudite
This is either an advert to get us to buy it, or it is a fanboy from one of the Vampire forums promoting it.

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
if he wanted to promote it, he shouldnt have listed gamespots 7.7 score as the first score in his list. :lol:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I like the "voted by the fans of KOTOR, Morrowind, Ultima, Gothic, Dungeon Siege, Arx Fatalis and general all RPG fans who visit RPGDot" part. KOTOR, MW, and Dungeon Siege fans can't be wrong! lol

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
what competition did bloodlines actually have last year? as far as i know, it was the only prominent rpg released on the pc. kotor2 wouldnt qualify (or atleast i dont think it would) because the pc version wasnt out until feb 2005. so if kotor2 wasnt qualified, i cant think of any other rpg that was released in 2004. :?

Greatatlantic

Erudite
The Field,

Bloodlines
I of the Dragon
Sacred
Beyond Divinity

Of course Bloodlines won, but having played it I'd still vote it ahead of KotOR and probably KotOR II, though I haven't played that one yet.

Actually, I think PC Gamer gave their RPG of the Year Award to Sacred. Other than that, any award awared seperate from MMOs went to Bloodlines.

Spazmo

Erudite
A lot of places had PC and console games in the same categories, which means Paper fucking Mario beat Bloodlines in a lot of places.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Yeah, they did. They said they couldn't give the award to Bloodlines "on account of bugginess", so instead they gave it to Sacred. :?

Wasn't Sacred just as buggy when released? Either way, it doesn't matter 'cause the only two real RPG fans at PCG are Vederman, who sucks diablo's big red cock whenever he can and that faggot Desslock who is too busy sucking Morrowind and Gothic's cock to do any real writing or reviewing. It also doesn't help that PCG listed Bloodlines as a shooter in their "Great Shooter Guide of 2004" and they let it be reviewed by the resident shooter-nut. I fucking hate that magazine so much.

dipdipdip

Liturgist
I dunno about this Bloodlines game. It's by some fellas who were behind that shitheel Fallout game.

Fez

Erudite
CONTROVERSY!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom