Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nowa Kodekzia Village Plan

Szioul

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria Pathfinder: Wrath
Re: Irontown

DarkUnderlord said:
If you can, mine ore and make tools (Scythe's, Pickaxes, Metal Plows, Cast Iron Bars to repair Metal Plows) and chests.

Preferably mine with full industry. http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18&start=10
Edit: And if someone could claim the Tin mine NW of Irontown. Head directly NW, until you get to the mudflats, The cave is directly North of that, right at the edge. Entrance is hidden behind a tree. I haven't had the time to go back to Codexia to take down my claim yet.

Jeff

Novice
Guess i'll soon move to the new town. I'm already working on the seeds to bring with me.

Barrun

Novice
BTW, there are some local maps in cupboard in that cave with mine it can help with planning, so use them.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Nowa Kodekzia

Nowa_Kodekzia_med.jpg

http://terra-arcanum.com/general/users/ ... dekzia.png (6.4 MB)

It's not my best work but it's a start.

Comment.

Barrun said:
BTW, there are some local maps in cupboard in that cave with mine it can help with planning, so use them.
Thanks, I actually grabbed those yesterday and added them to the KKKodexia map.

RayvenQ

Novice
I claim the square left of the bakery (is going to be both my home and the farm)

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
RayvenQ said:
I claim the square left of the bakery (is going to be both my home and the farm)

The entire square? How big are the plots going to be?

Oh, and that personal shit can still be taken down if the building isn't complete.

Jeff

Novice
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
RayvenQ said:

Oh, and that personal shit can still be taken down if the building isn't complete.
Well, even if is completed. You can destroy houses, now.

The_Pack

Novice
what about a cheese or silk area? possibly an area for trees as well as livestock?

RayvenQ

Novice
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
RayvenQ said:

Well half or quarter of the square, my total planned area is about 30x33 tiles

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What about like the community wheat fields and stuff again?

RayvenQ

Novice
well they can be put opposite the bakery or wherever. Unless of course you'd rather the people with the higher skills and better quality stuff be put further away from the bakery than those who will onyl do it casually.

Hezzy

Novice
Re: Irontown

DarkUnderlord said:
Try to limit permanent structures (IE: Don't build houses and shit) until I get a plan up this afternoon. Particularly the area right outside the cave as that's where we'll want Smelters and shit for easy access (Like where Jaskier's building right now is probably a bad idea).

If you can, mine ore and make tools (Scythe's, Pickaxes, Metal Plows, Cast Iron Bars to repair Metal Plows) and chests.

Plan-wise I figure we'll have community mining facilities outside the mine. Community areas between the mine and the Grasslands to the South and then personal plots on the edge of all that.

But lemme do some mapping and shit and put something together so it doesn't end up being a completely dis-organised clusterfuck.

I think it would be a good idea if you laid out a bunch of buildings and then people can build them up if they wanted to

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
What about like the community wheat fields and stuff again?
They'll be one of the other plots which I am yet to put in. I don't even know how large those plots are at the moment but I'm trying to keep them all the same size.

I'm logging in to finalise that now.

Luzur said:
graveyard? there is like crypt and tombs now? to be looted?
No but we need to store skeletons and memorials to the dead somewhere ALSO GOD-DAMNED FAGGY CLIFFS ARE HARD TO PLAN AROUND AND I'LL BE FUCKED IF I'M USING THEM FOR USEFUL PLOTS.

GOD-DAMNED CLIFFS.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Observe updated map above (you may have to refresh the image).

Note plots are 44 x 44 tiles between roads (for a total of 1,936 tiles square area). You can mark this out using Ctrl-L in-game and highlighting the tiles.

That 44 x 44 means you have 40 x 40 for your plot, with a 2 tile perimeter around the entire edge (so you're not right up against the road). That buffer is where we'll be putting statues for the town and grass and what-not to make the town pretty and shit.

Road heading South is 11 tiles wide. That's 3 tiles down the middle for pretty grass and 4 paved tiles on either side of that for the road. Again, add an additional 2 tiles along each edge for statues.

The road heading West (left) now goes straight all the way passed the cliffs.

The first house has been built in Central Plaza. The remaining 3 have had blocks put in to show where they go. They can be built. People can put cupboards inside and dump their shit there while we setup.

Central Plaza can be plowed and paved. Likewise the roads North, West and main road heading South. We can mark out the other plots from there so people can start setting up their own stuff.

Jeff

Novice
I've borrowed the metal saw that was in a cupboard. Just to let you know. So that i can destroy less trees
Edit; and i've put that back. Thanks for the saw.

Barrun

Novice
well i started building yesterday and now i see there are some limitations and designated space, so i think i fucked up a little, but fuck it, i'm going to finish my plot ;)

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Barrun said:
well i started building yesterday and now i see there are some limitations and designated space, so i think i fucked up a little, but fuck it, i'm going to finish my plot ;)

Asshole. None of the plots are marked out yet. You probably just probably just fucked up our roads and other people's plots.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
I'd suggest moving the community stuff into the plots that'll be cut by the terrain since people aren't going to want to use some of these tiny or irregular plots that'll be made. So like move the bakery where the temple is, the temple to where the graveyard is and the graveyard to that smaller spot west. Also, move the chickens (livestock in general?) and the community fields closer to the central plaza.

And why is the road south a double road and none of the others?

Spectacle said:
So when are the plots going to get marked out?

I suppose after these plans get finalized.

Until then:

DarkUnderlord said:
The first house has been built in Central Plaza. The remaining 3 have had blocks put in to show where they go. They can be built. People can put cupboards inside and dump their shit there while we setup.

Central Plaza can be plowed and paved. Likewise the roads North, West and main road heading South. We can mark out the other plots from there so people can start setting up their own stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom