Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

KalosKagathos

Learned
XInput is a Windows driver for Xbox 360 controllers. Why the fuck wouldn't a game run without it?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
TVTropes delivers:

You Are Worth Hell
Any romance in Mass Effect 2 ultimately comes off feeling like this - the culmination of the romance occurs after the ship has set a course for the Omega 4 Relay, which no ship has ever returned from, to face a terrifying enemy with immense capabilities in their lair. It's a suicide mission by all accounts and everyone knows that Anyone Can Die, up to and including the protagonist, and that this mission is small potatoes compared to the real threat looming over the galaxy. But, if only for a brief moment, Shepard and his/her beloved can be happy. The trope is especially played up with Thane.

I don't whether to :roll: or :oops: or :lol: or :cry: or just

:rage:

Heh, din't know about this one

Blind Idiot Translation: Russian localization, to be precise.
Changing phrases' meaning to their complete opposite? Check.
Most notable one is making Khalisah Al-Jilani sound like a patriot who praises Shepard for his actions.
Making options on the dialogue tree completely unrelated to full versions, failing to understand meaning of both? Check.
Horrible voiceover with, five actors and forgetting to put aliens' voice filters sometimes, the most painful example being Sovereign's dialogue? Check.
Just making things up? Check. Especially in the Codex. Like calling quarians complete atheists whose science proved that Religion Is Wrong. Or telling how exactly the Widowmaker anti-materiel rifle shoots antimateria.
The worst part? The first localisation was made in late 2009. And the second was released not by some random studio, but by EA-Russia. To be fair, while Dragon Age's localisation is horrible, this one is merely nightmarisly bad and and unplayable.

KalosKagathos

Learned
I heard that in the Russian version of DA some male characters have female voice actors, and vice versa. And people wonder why piracy is so common here.

MetalCraze

Arcane
KalosKagathos said:
I heard that in the Russian version of DA some male characters have female voice actors, and vice versa. And people wonder why piracy is so common here.

With VOs being done by retards like these? No wonder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jnVxuzw3_w

Not only voice-actors suck but it will be a very cold day in Africa before russian VAs will learn that there are voice filters so it won't sound like shit was recorded in the sterile studio.

Suchy

Arcane
5m7CY.jpg

:smug:

TheFallen8v this game is kicking my ass, I NEED HELP

MocconaCoffee You find it difficult even with the VATS system? I thought it was too easy.

TheFallen8v Yea I been on this one mission for a few hours so I get to the place and I dont know wtf to do next. u know when u help that lady out with her book and those fire ants. I killed the ants but Im at the places and its like WTF do I do now? 2 meses atrás

MocconaCoffee You doing the wasteland survival guide quest right? Are you sure your not doing the quest in Grayditch where all the fireants have killed everyone but a boy and a scientist?

TheFallen8v yea the wasteland survival guide

someone call Bethesda, apparently the quest compass arrow isn't bright enough

this made me rage enough to share this with you. Luzur alread had the pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FoK-lP6SM4

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=355022

Why Steam is good and actual CDs are a so outdated that you won't touch them with a 10-foot pole anymore.

PS: Plenty of gems to be found in there. One random tidbit:

"I don't understand why anyone would hate steam. Ultra convenient, no disks, automatic updates - and some of the deals they have are absolutely awesome. I bought bioshock for £2 the other day. At that price, it's pretty difficult to justify not buying it."

Clockwork Knight said:
this made me rage enough to share this with you.
Those are kids, most probably. And you don't rage at kids.

I saw a thread on GameFAGs last week where a kid was asking how to change his age in his LIVE account so that he could buy the FO3 DLC. He was 14! And some other kids told him how to do that.

So, yeah, don't be surprised by stupidity on sites like YouTube or GFs, there's a lot of kids there.

Black

Arcane
Droog White Smile said:
If you don't rage at them they'll grow up to be rage-worthy people. And then it'll be too late.

Droog White Smile said:
Clockwork Knight said:
this made me rage enough to share this with you.

I saw a thread on GameFAGs last week where a kid was asking how to change his age in his LIVE account so that he could buy the FO3 DLC. He was 14! And some other kids told him how to do that.

So, yeah, don't be surprised by stupidity on sites like YouTube or GFs, there's a lot of kids there.

I know...but since it would be too ridiculous to try and "educate" them (or just fling some shit on their general direction), raging from afar is a safe and reasonable option.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom