Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA:Ooo

circ

Arcane
Ok so I gave DA another shot. And truth be told, it gets better once you get to Tower of Ish. You're no longer annoyed by the badly designed linear areas, and the combat gets fun. It's too bad the latest patch made the Ogre boss not worthy of a finishing move, because that was actually pretty fucking cool. Now you just seem to get them with dragons. Oh yay.

Anyway, I still think it's for the most part below mediocre. The dialogue with my party is all kindergarten stuff. I hate every single fucking groupmate. Alistair, Wynne, Jesus camp Bard are all too fucking goody two shoes, and the somewhat morally questionable posse, Sten, Morrigan and Homo elf start whining like fuck when I help people. Why does a templar give a shit if I kill some mages anyway? Fucking pussy. Also, don't get me started on the horrible character animations in dialogue. A guy screams so loud his cock should fall off, but his botox face doesn't show it.

Anyway, some areas are too long, like Magi Tower Fade, Cultist caverns etc. But whatever. Will I have more fun if I get Shale instead? Although the guy seems not unlike the annoying Minsc.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
The Deep Roads ruined this game for me. That was such a fucking awful dungeon and way too long. I never thought it possible to make a dungeon crawl that was even worse than Arcanum's BMC mines, but DA pulls it off.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yeah, DA really is nothing special. Here's to hoping it will be buried and forgotten as soon as possible.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Considering it's BIO most successful game barring the possible exemption of ME2; that's evry unlikely.

P.S. DA > BG

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom