Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Adding mouse-look to Might & Magic 6, 7

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I looked for a mod in the days but never found one. There was a bunch of updated patches for MM6-8 - not Mok's but someone else who updated Mok's patches. Do these not add it? I've never tried them, I'll try to find them again and see if they do.

DaveO

Erudite
Your best bet is to get in contact with GrayFace and not Mok. Either the TELP or GoG forums would be a likely place to find the contact information.

I sent him an email, but I'm pretty sure he would have added mouse-look already if he knew how. (Modders are usually people who learned how to extract files from archives. They know how to fix typos and how to change some values. They usually know very little about programming and such things, which, incidentally, applies to most programmers as well.)

Repressed Homosexual
Hahaha holy shit he actually did it wow this guy rules!!

Mouse Look
To enable mouse look (like in 3D actions) set MouseLook option to 1.
If it's enabled, you can also change these options:
If CapsLockToggleMouseLook is 1, you can switch between mouse look and normal mode by pressing Caps Lock.
MouseLookChangeKey is the key that you can hold to switch to normal mode. When you release it, the mode goes back to mouse look (or vice versa if Caps Lock is on). The default key is middle mouse button.
MouseSensitivityX and MouseSensitivityY control mouse sensitivity.

Just tried it, it works perfectly. To be honest, I don't know if it works that well since the actual viewing window is pretty tiny. Made me feel pretty dizzy, lol. But still, that's hella cool to do.

It doesn't make me feel dizzy at all. It's perfect, and should make some people here play those games past the first couple of minutes, now that they have modern controls, complete with strafing (even better than in Daggerfall, where you can't strafe and move forward at the same time, although here the strafing isn't as fast as running forward, but that's just realistic and keeps the optional realtime battle more challenging).

It took a few days for the guy to respond to my email. He said he may do it, because it would be an interesting thing to do. I said I bet he can't, etc. Then it took him less than a day to do it.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Paula Tormeson IV said:
He said he may do it, because it would be an interesting thing to do. I said I bet he can't, etc. Then it took him less than a day to do it.
Nice bit of psychological warfare there :)

I really should get my MM marathon underway soon.

Gerrard

Arcane
Reinstalled 6, the mouse look makes it quite a bit more comfortably. Maybe I'll finish it this time.

I'm wondering though, is there anything stopping you from abusing the hell out of the potions that permanently increase stats?

aleph

Arcane
@deniszi: M&M2 hasn't aged that badly, start there, M&M1 might be a bit harder to get into

Gerrard

Arcane
theverybigslayer said:
You can only drink once that potions for stat increase, if I remember correctly. Subsequent drinkings do nothing.
Indeed this seems to be the case, I had no way to check at the beginning but now with inventory full of herbs it wasn't a problem.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
In MM6 the black potions are very underpowered balanced. Sure they're easy to make but +15 to one stat and -9 to the other is a pretty small increase overall, in a system where stats can go up to 250 (and that's for base values only. Actual value can go much higher). MM7-8 ramped it up to +50 with no negative, which is huge but you either need lots of money or Grandmaster Alchemy.

Gerrard

Arcane
It's actually +15/-5, except for endurance which is +15/-1 from all others.

Too bad there's no better mana/health potions besides the aging ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom