Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BG2 Remake

random newfag

Novice
The fact that they start with the tutorial area of the game to showcase their efforts, goes far in telling you how successful they will be at it.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Portal.jpg

Attention troops, this is your Portal speaking.

At ease !

I said AT EASE !

Quilty

Magister
Awor Szurkrarz said:
An IE remake of DA, or even better a ToEE remake of DA would be cool.

That's better, but I'd rather not cover the Infinity engine in the shit that is DA. I'd rather see NWN2 (or MotB) remade in the IE. Yeah, because of the camera. :oops:

Hory

Erudite
MULTI LEVELED FAILS HITTING EYES AND BRAIN OH GOD ITS NEXTGEN

mondblut

Arcane
Awor Szurkrarz said:
The proportions of the Imoen's body are a fucking nightmare fuel. It's like she's some degenerate mutant from Lovecraft's tales.

They don't have to do Imoen, she's already there as Leliana.

mondblut

Arcane
Awor Szurkrarz said:
An IE remake of DA, or even better a ToEE remake of DA would be cool.

A TOEE remake of IE games would be even cooler.

Although not even TOEE engine would save PST.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
aries202 said:
Wouldn't the combat be a problem? BG2 uses the DnD 3.5 ruleset, while DA: Origins uses Bioware's own created combat system. How do they plan to implement (alter) this, so it'll work correctly?
They don't.

We will not be spending time reproducing the Dungeons and Dragons rules - if another modder comes up with a D&D rules conversion we will investigate integrating it into the mod. Otherwise, you can look forward to using the Dragon Age core gameplay but with familiar spells, abilities and classes similar to the major D&D classes.

Murk

Arcane
Are they going to custom make a metric ass-ton of spells for the DA engine or... are we just going to lose the very cool high-level magic battles that BG2 has so much of?

also:

theverybigslayer said:
Will there be a mod for this mod that will allow us to skip this dungeon in this mod?

r00fles!

Mikayel said:
Are they going to custom make a metric ass-ton of spells for the DA engine or... are we just going to lose the very cool high-level magic battles that BG2 has so much of?

All fights against Irenicus will end in 5 seconds as either the player or Irenicus casts Mana Clash and kills the entire opposing side.

Zeus

Cipher
They should remake BG2 in FRUA. That way it'd be turn-based. And since they don't like the Infinity Engine's 2D graphics, they'll be happy to know that FRUA has, "3-D views drawn directly from popular SSI titles."

Edit: Hah, I meant 3-D, not 2-D. Typed it without looking while reading from the back of my FRUA box. :D

Arcanoix

Scholar
denizsi said:
Don't worry, people. They will never finish it. They'll probably release a "demo" a few years from now, then they may decide to switch to Dragon Age 2, and eventually call it quits "due to real life".

I hate modders, I really do. Fucking degenerate subhumans that need to be put out. All they ever produce is useless shit. Tons of it.

Aren't you the one using some open license toolset or some shit to make something none of us nor anyone on Earth will ever play? What does that make you?

And might I add, this project has been worked on since, what? December 2009? And there hasn't been an update since??

Wyrmlord

Arcane
VentilatorOfDoom said:
<a href="http://forums.gamersnexus.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=373">Ambitious Modders</a> are going to remake BG2 with the Dragon Age Toolset.

There are <a href="http://www.gamersnexus.net/bgr-screenshots">screenshots</a>, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PaTB9PTaLA&feature=player_embedded">and 2</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uT4PaEPntc&feature=player_embedded">videos</a> to behold.

They plan to release Irenicus Dungeon in Q3 2010, so expect the mod to be finished in 2025.
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97581-baldurs-gate-ii-redux-mod-progress-report-interview.html">GB</A>
If they are good modders, BioWare will hire them, so that the mod is never finished.

If they are bad modders, they will release a half-assed mod in the near future.

If they are average modders, only then will a playable game come out in 2025.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom