Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NotR bonuses

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
Darth Roxor said:
All this talk about NotR makes me rage.

You see, I bought NotR the day it came out, and I never played it for longer than maybe three days because it has this very strange bug, that it can be launched only like 3-4 times, and then it just STOPS STARTING. I tried reinstalling it like a dozen times on different system specs and after various reformats, and it keeps doing that.

That shit left me so frustrated and enraged I never even bothered to torrent an other 'version' to see if it'll work. Bleh an feh :(

This is exactly what happened to my Anachronox install, back when the game was brand new (with the official patch installed, however). I know the out-of-the-box game is one of the buggiest ever, but still, that was one of the weirdest bugs I have ever encountered. Thankfully, the game runs perfectly with the unofficial patches.

Murk

Arcane
Paula Tormeson IV said:
Paula Tormeson IV said:
Actually, I guess you need the stone tablets before you can get the ghost to help you, even though there is no reason why that would be, apart from some trigger just working that way.
Can anyone confirm whether this is or isn't the case? If you go to the temple through the guards, and see Raven disappear through the gate, and then report back to one of the water mages ... will he give you the Quarhodron quest? I don't see why he wouldn't ... so if he does, there's nothing linear in the add-on world, since you can skip the pirate camp and the bandit camp (you can skip them anyway), and you can skip the stone tablets stuff. Basically, you can do whatever you want, or can.

I got Quarhodron's tablet for entry before I collected the 5 colored stone tablets - you only need those to figure out the traps and as a sidequest devices. Quorhodron is summonable based on the invocation that Myxir (i think) gives you after telling Saturas that Raven got in and they figure out it was because he summoned Khardimon and stole his knowledge.

Paula Tormeson IV said:
What the heck is the default key for locking onto a target / enemy (i.e. changing the target)?

umm if you're so inclined to know just hit the button that resets controls to default...

numpad 1, G

Black_Willow

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
All this talk about NotR makes me rage.

You see, I bought NotR the day it came out, and I never played it for longer than maybe three days because it has this very strange bug, that it can be launched only like 3-4 times, and then it just STOPS STARTING. I tried reinstalling it like a dozen times on different system specs and after various reformats, and it keeps doing that.

That shit left me so frustrated and enraged I never even bothered to torrent an other 'version' to see if it'll work. Bleh an feh :(
Had this too. I figured out that my NotR works fine until I install something new. After that it just won't start.
Solution - a very cruel one. While playing the game don't install shit on your computer and don't fuck with your registry.

laclongquan

Arcane
Disconnected said:
If memory serves, Gothic 2+ATI cards is pretty similar to PS:T+nVidia cards. I'm not sure there's any helping it, beyond using a different video card.

IF it's a GC driver bug, maybe you could try using GC emulator? 3d Analyze can emulate some GC and help you out there. My integrated chip make Bloodlines unable to start, but version 2.26 make it purr.

3D Analyze is some good stuff. You install it in an out-of-the-way folder, several versions if necessary since sometimes older work while newer dont. Run the exe, point toward the exe of the game and here you go!

Zomg

Arbiter
I remember I had a weird bug where the game behaved oddly after I installed NotR, and I ended up solving it by using one of my original Gothic II CDs rather than the Gothic II Gold CD during a complete install, like one disk out of the four. Weirdest shit, and weird that it was compatible at all, much less that it fixed the problem. Weird that I thought of trying it, too. Also weird that I still had the CDs for a game I bought in 2003 in 2007ish. I am not that guy normally.

weird weird weird weird

Mikayel said:
Paula Tormeson IV said:
What the heck is the default key for locking onto a target / enemy (i.e. changing the target)?

umm if you're so inclined to know just hit the button that resets controls to default...

numpad 1, G
I'm using the default controls. I just can't find the configuration for that particular action. Speaking of weird!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe that has something to do with my using a German version with a fan-made English translation (for subtitles, not menus!!!). Who the fuck knows.

P.S. The English voice acting is, as always, utter crap (because of botched up intonation, like they were reading the lines in isolation, which is undoubtedly what they were doing ... doesn't matter in German since I don't understand a word of it).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom