Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two Worlds Enhanced Edition a.k.a Gothic 4 [Fagstar video]

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
lol @ the colour differences between the European / US versions.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Gobbo said:
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/10,95387,7801663,ArcaniA___A_Gothic_Tale_opowiadaja_tworcy.html

Arcania is sophisticated :smug:

:lol:

"cinematic experience" ... "a bit more than gothic" ... "state of the art rpg elements... target lockon... quest markers"

*sigh*

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Fens said:
Gobbo said:
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/10,95387,7801663,ArcaniA___A_Gothic_Tale_opowiadaja_tworcy.html

Arcania is sophisticated :smug:

:lol:

"cinematic experience" ... "a bit more than gothic" ... "state of the art rpg elements... target lockon... quest markers"

*sigh*

To be fair old games also had an option to lock on a target in combat. The quest markers are fucking insane though. Feels like Sacred for fuck's sake.

Nex

Cipher
Gobbo said:
It's the next step, all these things make games so much more.

Too right. All we need now is objective radars, instant travel and fellow travelling companions which do the quest for you.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Gobbo said:
Of course we need that stuff, I bet the next step will be "sit back while the computer plays for you".
Never played Dungeon Siege expansion have you.

denizsi

Arcane
Boy, I can't wait to release my combat demo app. The first person RT mode will be so intelligently twitchy, Nomask will gather all the other geniuses and asspies, including Cleve, and will declare me a genuine god of genius ingenuity.

TB mode will also be awesome beyond belief, but geniuses don't play TB where they can achieve the same result as that of a retard due to the laid backness of it :(

denizsi said:
Boy, I can't wait to release my combat demo app. The first person RT mode will be so intelligently twitchy, Nomask will gather all the other geniuses and asspies, including Cleve, and will declare me a genuine god of genius ingenuity.

TB mode will also be awesome beyond belief, but geniuses don't play TB where they can achieve the same result as that of a retard due to the laid backness of it :(
Sausage-finger is butthurt.

So you can't appreciate genius. What the hell am I supposed to do about it?! Huh!???

bhlaab

Erudite
Framerate looks like asshole and the grass is popping in like crazy

Having some of the grass randomly pop up nearer than the rest is such a crappy way to increase the frame rate that ... do these people play their own games? Do they think they're selling them to complete braindeads? It's much less immersion breaking to have a bit lower overall draw-distance than to have shit popping up randomly two feet away from you. You NOTICE such things, for fuck's sake. In contrast, you don't pay attention to something that's always the same: a smooth, foggy if low draw distance. Here, too, Gothic 2 got it right.

denizsi

Arcane
Paula Tormeson IV said:
denizsi said:

So you can't appreciate genius. What the hell am I supposed to do about it?! Huh!???

Butthurt? I've nothing to be butthurt about on this. Just you wait for my demo.

denizsi said:
Paula Tormeson IV said:
denizsi said:

So you're making a game. Yes? No? Why not? Do you want me to write the dialogue for you? There could be a special nomask-zone where all the quests and dialogue were written by me. That would be fun.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Translated bits from the review, if you want a specific piece translated just ask me, can't be bothered to translate it all. Also, I'm Dutch so my german is godawful.

1:25ish, roughly: "There's a ship at the horizon that approaches while you progress through the tutorial, which doesn't - this we can tell - bode well."

1:33: "And like this we land on Arcania, the main Isle, a couple of gamehours later, and end up in the first big settlement *Guttural german noise, sounds somewhat like "Stughwak* *something something* shops, walled city.

1:53: "In *guttural german noise* we also find Gorn, and old acquaintance."
2:00: Gorn: "Halt, Little one, what brings you here? (literally: What do you want here?)
Nameless: "I want to see the baron." (literally: I want to baron!"
Gorn Laughs, subtitled: "Laughs."
Nameless: "What's there to laugh about?"
Gorn: "You see, little one, the baron is the baron. He doesn't receive everyone; why would he receive you?"
Nameless: "I have to go to Bloodfal and need his permission."

2:17, Narrator: "Yeeeeeees, That sounds like Gorn *something* like the old saying goes. Because we're playing an alphaversion of arcania, the speech isn't lip-synched yet and the interface isn't done. They'll change both."

2:27-ish: "The dialogues obviously have the Gothic-feel."
2:31: Nameless: "If you don't let me pass, I'll hit you in the face." (Literally: You'll get one on your face)
Guard: "Good, that sounds like gorn, I'll let you through. Don't make trouble." (Literally: Don't make stupidness)
2:42: "And there's the next old friend, Diego, who let himself be interred in *Guttural german noise*

Etc, can't be arsed to translate it all.

Mr. German Narrator he say at 5:46: "By the way, the region is *unintelligible*, and is in the U.S. American colour-version. This is what everything in the European, less colourful, and darker because of it, looks like. Here is another comparison with movement, this is the European version from developer Spellbound and publisher jowood, that will recall the somewhat dark atmosphere of the Gothic Series. You can switch to the US-colour version at any time, and then the game looks like this." *BLOOM IN YOUR FACE*

6:15-ish: "By the way, here on the right you can see one of the teleportation-points that you'll be able to use later to travel through Arcania."

6:24: *something unintelligible, activated quest marker above the person, minimap in the upper right, *unintelligible* are already active. All of this is easily deactivated with the 'Minimal interface' mode, although this isn't done yet either." (I suppose this refers to the fact the bloke they mouseover lights up like a Christmas tree)

6:40-ish: Explanation about the day-night cycle, not really interesting but please note the lighthouse that only lights up like halfway through the night. Good going in saving ships from running ashore, Spellbound.

Till the end: Uninteresting gibberish about idyllic landscapes and all.

denizsi

Arcane
Paula Tormeson IV said:
denizsi said:
Paula Tormeson IV said:
denizsi said:

So you're making a game. Yes? No? Why not? Do you want me to write the dialogue for you? There could be a special nomask-zone where all the quests and dialogue were written by me. That would be fun.

Why not, indeed. Why don't you make a game?

denizsi said:
Paula Tormeson IV said:
denizsi said:
Paula Tormeson IV said:
denizsi said:

Why not, indeed. Why don't you make a game?
Too much to do, to make a whole game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom