Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Got me a PSP

Tycn said:
Sonic The Hedgehog said:
There's always some shit flowing in from Japan. Keep your eye open and you'll get shit in your eye.
Fixed.

The man owns a Playstation Portable. Getting shit from Japan is the only legal option.

lightbane

Arcane
Black Cat said:
@ Flying Spaghetti Monster

"Anyway, what are some recommendations for PSP games?"

Wait a bit under two months and get yourself Persona Portable. It's nya!

Before you do, take in consideration, unless there had been massive plot changes, that 99,99% of the cast are either angsty emo-individuals and/or suicidal fags that shoot themselves on the head with a gun to force a mentral trauma enough to summon their true... personality?

Also,
the plot is something like YOU WILL DIE NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO LOL, and it is, regardless of your actions Death appears, and it wants to kill humanity for some vague reasons.
And assuming that it includes the FES storyline,
it's revealed that Death was summoned by the collective ganst and nihilism of humanity. In other words, there are so many emos that Death wanted to wipe out everyone to stop this faggotry

desocupado

Magister
Guys, I'm thinking of getting one too. Which model should I buy? I'm gonna not remove games from inventory and try and run emulators and shit in it.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Before you do, take in consideration, unless there had been massive plot changes, that 99,99% of the cast are either angsty emo-individuals and/or suicidal fags
Just like Torment!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
desocupado said:
Guys, I'm thinking of getting one too. Which model should I buy? I'm gonna not remove games from inventory and try and run emulators and shit in it.

A completely hackable one, if you can't be bothered to reinstall the hack each time after you've turned the system off.

It's a bit confusing, though.

At the moment all 1000 and 2000 with v2 motherboard are completely hackable. If they have an official firmware above 5.03 you need a Pandora battery to install custom firmware. If they're under 5.03 you're all set.

Of course, there's the problem of finding what motherboard the 2000 has. The most easy and simple way is to look for one of the special editions which are known to be completely hackable, just like I did. I got the silver Daxter one.

Finally 2000 with v3 motherboard and 3000 can't be turned off or you'll have to hack them again. However, they NEED to have official firmware under 5.03, otherwise there's nothing you can do to them. Unless something new happened on the scene since the last time I checked.

PSP Go also can't be hacked.

And check these links for more detailed info:

http://gbatemp.net/t205696-how-to-softmod-your-psp
http://gbatemp.net/t206173-pandora-mms- ... alling-cfw

obediah

Erudite
The 40K squad game was good. It was also blasted in reviews, so maybe it's cheap used.

Okay... I'm fed up. There is no reason to play this piece of shit. The only game that's exclusive that I really want to play is Monster Hunter, but I can just play the Wii version of that. Everything else that is really worthwhile is a port or a remake. This system truly does suck.

Fez

Erudite
You may as well put homebrew software on it if it will end up a paperweight.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Fez said:
You may as well put homebrew software on it if it will end up a paperweight.

This.

Mechanically, the system is fucking awesome. If they'd sold games like computer software and let you just install the fucking things to memory like you can when it's hacked, you could hold multiple games at once and get much better performance. Having a handheld PS1/SNES/Genesis emulator is fucking awesome, there are a ton of great games in that library.

And since nobody mentioned it, try out Rengoku. Fun little beatemup wasted a few hours for me before I finished it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom