Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dawn of War 2 sound

Is DoW2's sound normally this horrible bass-hum, the space marine's steps sound like voom voom voom and bolter fire VUMMMM VUMMMM VUMMMM (you can just guess what speech sounds like), now I don't even have a subwoofer but stereo monitors, and the same thing happens with headphones. Turning bass to 0% helps a bit but it still sounds incredibly stupid. I'm guessing it has something to do with the wonderful combination of Vista64/Creative X-Fi, but it doesn't do that for any other game.

EDIT : Triple post for victory!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
The database was doing a back-up somewhere around the time he posted this, I assume that is the reason.

Something like that.

Ok, now I noticed the sound cracks, pops and screeches often. This doesn't happen with other games, but anyway it would seem that I need a less bullshitty soundcard.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Maybe shitty game, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions given you're using a creative card under Vista/7, those things are as stable as a nitroglycerin bottle in dance club.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom