Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jewelry request thread.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Since we now have a silver mine, and are trading for small quantities of gold, I figured I'd make this thread for people to post what jewelry they'd like to have. Silver stuff we can start to make right away, golden items will wait until Konjad has eaten enough cavebulbs to make it worthwhile.

Post your requests like this:

2xThane's rings (2 gold each)
Dragon helm (3 gold)
Monocle
Cothier's thimble

(This is my list of requests, incidentally ;) )

I dunno how we're going to prioritize the limited gold we have, let's just see what people want first, then we'll figure out what to do.

Blxz

Educated
High Priority - 2xmerchant rings (2 nuggets total)

Med Priority: Dragon helm

Lower priority is an impoved Q monocle (currently 33).
Pearl ring.

Aratheus

Educated
I could use a forge ring or two for a while until my smithing is up to use in copperpot for bronze, would also be nice to store a pair in the chest next to the anvil for people to swap on when making things. A thimble (can you wear two?) or two for sewing stored somewhere would be nice as well.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was about to say that I'd like to get 2 forge rings when I realized that I'll be making these things :lol:

Jeff

Novice
well, i may use a
monocle
and
2 merchant's rings (2 gold nuggets)
if possible.

Aratheus

Educated
Haba said:
Konjad said:
I was about to say that I'd like to get 2 forge rings when I realized that I'll be making these things :lol:

Probably could trade you for some better startup forges for some hq clay/pearls.

How many pearls you looking at Haba? I've got a few here, and even a single forge would last me a while.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Aratheus said:
Haba said:
Konjad said:

Probably could trade you for some better startup forges for some hq clay/pearls.

How many pearls you looking at Haba? I've got a few here, and even a single forge would last me a while.

10 q10 pearls per ring (at q100+)
-5 if you supply the silver nuggets (2x)
+2 pearls for 50 points of extra q.

So:

q100+ Forge Ring - 10 pearls
q150+ Forge Ring - 12 pearls
q200+ Forge Ring - 14 pearls
q250+ Forge Ring - 16 pearls

And the 5 pearl discount if you bring the silver.

Aratheus

Educated
Not too bad I suppose. I'm planning to start feasting on mussels with my nature alt to use him for tree planting and farming, so I'm bound to come across plenty.

Calren

Novice
Putting this here while I scream to the ancestors about never seeing mussels.

2xOccult Rings
Pearl Necklace

Let me know what would be a better trade good (food, straw hats, iron) and I'll go stock up before we try to get this done.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The tally so far:
Spectacle: 2x Thanes ring , Dragon helm (7)
Blxz 2x Occult ring, Dragon helm, pearl ring (8)
Jeff 2x Merchant ring (2)
Calren 2x Occult ring (4)
RayvenQ 2x Pearl ring (2) (not posted here, but in ingame chat)

Total 23 gold nuggets, 5 less than we have! Nice. Maybe PackRat and DU will request something though.

We can make pearl rings any time, since their quality is capped by pearl ql. For the rest of the stuff we need a good jewelsmith. Since Konjad is occupied with not dying at the hospital, I've powerleveling my PSY and smithing, aiming to be able to make q160 rings by the end of the week. Those give 4x the base bonus, so should be rather nice.

For the occult and merchant rings we can consider Juhubert's pricey smithing service. His rings are q270+ giving more than 5x the base bonus. We don't have enough gold to pay him for everything on the list though, so we'd either have to prioritize, negotiate a different payment or get more gold.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Since Konjad is occupied with not dying at the hospital
I'm back, I'm going to hospital in next 2 weeks, for now I'm at home and gonna play with you.

Calren

Novice
Spectacle said:
For the occult and merchant rings we can consider Juhubert's pricey smithing service. His rings are q270+ giving more than 5x the base bonus. We don't have enough gold to pay him for everything on the list though, so we'd either have to prioritize, negotiate a different payment or get more gold.

Mark me low priority for getting town resources, as it stands I don't hunt enough to get dibs on the occults. I'll wait my turn like a good soldier.

*glosses over the fact he hasn't been able to play so much lately*

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Spectacle said:
Maybe PackRat and DU will request something though.
I'm happy to pass the opportunity up. I don't really have the stats to justify anything other than Thanes and in that case, I don't have the killer inclinations.

Blxz

Educated
Interesting. With the new updates with clay and stuff my full nature foraging isn't as useful anymore. I might give the occults a miss and just have 2 pearl rings. That is much cheaper in terms of gold anyway.

Also, how much are the pearls a limiting factor? How high should we be able to get those rings?

sabotage69

Novice
well since i have a alt id like to make request for both, id like to obtain 2 merchant rings and 2 thimbles :)

Helton

Arcane
You're totally right their BlitxTitz. Same way only real men do bicep curls before showing their cock ring to othe rreal men good luck with all that let me know how it turns out.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If I had a cock ring that gave huge stat bonuses I'd wear it with pride! :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom