Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Alpha Protocol "I finished the game!" Thread!

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
did you equip noisy armor and don't have silent running? because that will make it pretty much impossible.

just sneak up on him when he is in the middle of the bridge. will autotrigger a sequence without need to do anything. sequence will not trigger if he was made alert by noticing one of the guys you offed, btw, because that counts as you fucking up. it's actually easier to sneak past the three doods than off'ing them if you want the stealth takedown.

made

Arcane
So does a lot of the dialogue change or just a couple lines here and there?

Might explain the relative shortness of the game if they had to record VOs for every possibility.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
made said:
So does a lot of the dialogue change or just a couple lines here and there?

Might explain the relative shortness of the game if they had to record VOs for every possibility.
I'd say about 70% of it is set and 30% depends on C&C. That may be a bit optimistic though.

circ

Arcane
SuicideBunny said:
did you equip noisy armor and don't have silent running? because that will make it pretty much impossible.

just sneak up on him when he is in the middle of the bridge. will autotrigger a sequence without need to do anything. sequence will not trigger if he was made alert by noticing one of the guys you offed, btw, because that counts as you fucking up. it's actually easier to sneak past the three doods than off'ing them if you want the stealth takedown.
Playing completely without armor. SECRET AGENT MAN.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
heh, just noticed something.. handlers have different but still positive perks for having negative rep. westridge gives favorite weapon dmg bonus.

I beat it today after getting it on Tuesday. I may be in the minority (didn't read the thread because I didn't want to know what happens in other ways depending on what you do) but I'd like there to be a sequel. I really enjoyed myself but was sad to see it end, because I wish it was longer.

circ

Arcane
Ok, Veteran does something more again. You got one or two additional vet dialogue options later, nothing special that I remember. But, you also got to rescue Sie AND get the Halbec data if you picked Veteran with the PDA at Brayko's. Steve's coke was fucking useless though. Fuck you Steve.

dr. one

Augur
back to sportforredneck said:
I beat it today after getting it on Tuesday. I may be in the minority (didn't read the thread because I didn't want to know what happens in other ways depending on what you do) but I'd like there to be a sequel.
you may be in the minority now, hopefully soon more and more people (especially cRPG enthusiasts) will get over wrong preconceptions about the game and realize that there´s quite a gem underneath various quirks and shortcomings and that, in fact, some of these aren´t all that quirky&shortcomingy (like varied AI or gunplay and even stealth).

i definitely hope for a sequel, this concept rules.

back to sportforredneck said:
I really enjoyed myself but was sad to see it end, because I wish it was longer.
yeah, it´s a short game but i think two aspects are worth to be taken into consideration:

1. the game has high replay value, both gameplay-wise and narrative-wise
2. unlike most of the longer games, this game is designed so that it gets to the point fast (no running back and forth etc)

as for the topic at hand,
[spoilers]
refused Leland´s offer, SIE was my handler (other offered were Heck and Albatross) until I got help from Scarlet (whose secret I uncovered via Omen), had Marburg´s respect, saved Mina, Westridge missing, let Leland live, rode into sunset with Mina whom i "romanced" (along with Scarlet)

played stealthy, always used non-lethal means of enemy dispatching, spared every boss i could.

now i´m replaying the game all guns blazing and fucking off everyone and it´s a notably different experience (and quite a nice challenge since i play on recruit/hard).

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Seriously, I'm replaying now, and does anyone know how to reconcile with Alpha Protocol?

Also, Darcy's 66%->100% intel you get along with Mina's email was quite a surprise.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
circ said:
You got one or two additional vet dialogue options later, nothing special that I remember. But, you also got to rescue Sie AND get the Halbec data if you picked Veteran with the PDA at Brayko's.
brayko and the warehouse offer special options if you manage to infiltrate them without triggering alarms (and possibly killing more than 5 people). does veteran replace them regardless of alarms, or did you just infiltrate normally and thought it was a veteran option?

dr. one said:
i definitely hope for a sequel, this concept rules.
sequel would be cool, but they would absolutely need to drop that retarded mechanic of previous map segments closing off after checkpoints for no particular reason. better yet, not have segmented mission maps at all.
actual skill dependent options in dialogues like the infiltration or dossier options would be nice as well.

Dragula

Augur
I actually don't think you can get SIE on the boat due to bugs, because there is no fucking door, there is only Leland after the chopper. I mean, I executed Scarlet for being a lying bitch, and I couldn't give a flying fuck about Mina, so I went straight for Leland after SIE helped me with the server fight. Fuck you Obsidian, I want my milf bombshell.

yaster

Liturgist
But she already used you. Why would make her join you again? There is no point, you are just yet another broken man.

circ

Arcane
SuicideBunny said:
brayko and the warehouse offer special options if you manage to infiltrate them without triggering alarms (and possibly killing more than 5 people). does veteran replace them regardless of alarms, or did you just infiltrate normally and thought it was a veteran option?
It's Veteran option. It actually says Veteran. It used to say 1. Ruthless 2. SIE 3. Halbech - now it has an addition of 4. Veteran.

Also if someone's curiousidades, you can't do Madison AND peeples as Veteran, or Presidento and Riot.

Also, Russian Mob is always 66% for me. Where are the remaining 34%? Intel from joining up with G22?

hoochimama

Liturgist
The AP wikia is useless, did anyone find a guide in order to check all possible paths and reactions?

Also, seeing as how the pistol is almost exclusively used with crits and chain shots that automatically hit where you aim and that only bosses require more than one headshot, is there a point to a pistol's stats other than damage?

yaster

Liturgist
hoochimama said:
The AP wikia is useless, did anyone find a guide in order to check all possible paths and reactions?

Crack for the game is out for a week or so. Give it some time.

hoochimama said:
Also, seeing as how the pistol is almost exclusively used with crits and chain shots that automatically hit where you aim and that only bosses require more than one headshot, is there a point to a pistol's stats other than damage?

What do you mean? You do understand that it is easier to score crits and chain shot is better with skills, right?

Also on 5 lvl or so you can perform no-look crit shot when in cover

hoochimama

Liturgist
yaster said:
hoochimama said:

Crack for the game is out for a week or so. Give it some time.

But the official strategy guide is on sale, usually you can find a pdf before the game even comes out.

yaster said:
What do you mean? You do understand that it is easier to score crits and chain shot is better with skills, right?

Also on 5 lvl or so you can perform no-look crit shot when in cover

I thought it was pretty clear what I was talking about:

I'm talking about the gun's stats(damage, accuracy, recoil, stability, capacity) not your skill level in it.

It seems to me that a pistol's accuracy rating is irrelevant when you've got a crit lined up, you automatically hit where you aimed, and the only time I shoot multiple times in a row is with chainshot which also scores automatic hits(and crits) so the accuracy and recoil seem pretty useless for that too.

And with just about all guards going down with one crit headshot(even with tranq ammo), the only time a pistol's stats seem to come into play is with a boss who can take more than one crit headshot and so a better damage rating would be useful.

So when you're buying a new pistol or installing an upgrade(aside from the silencer) is there a point to any improvements beyond damage? Does stability make your crits line up faster or something?

Cthulhugoat

Arbiter
Finished it yesterday; pretty shitty ending, really. I:

- infiltrated AP with G22
- persuaded Parker to help me
- let Mina die due to brainfart/picking the wrong way
- made Scarlet disappear for whatever reason
- didn't shoot Darcy in the balls
- killed Westridge
- killed Leland

And rode out into the sunset alone, despite screwing three chicks before.

Also, vehicle fights should be banned from CRPGs. Jesus.

yaster

Liturgist
hoochimama said:
I'm talking about the gun's stats(damage, accuracy, recoil, stability, capacity) not your skill level in it.

It seems to me that a pistol's accuracy rating is irrelevant when you've got a crit lined up, you automatically hit where you aimed, and the only time I shoot multiple times in a row is with chainshot which also scores automatic hits(and crits) so the accuracy and recoil seem pretty useless for that too.

And with just about all guards going down with one crit headshot(even with tranq ammo), the only time a pistol's stats seem to come into play is with a boss who can take more than one crit headshot and so a better damage rating would be useful.

So when you're buying a new pistol or installing an upgrade(aside from the silencer) is there a point to any improvements beyond damage? Does stability make your crits line up faster or something?

I heard that stability determine accuracy (cone) when moving - seems pretty reasonable to me.

I don't know about you but I found myself using normal shooting quite frequently (no points in other weapons, latter these were useless - though I suppose it might be good idea to take instead submachine or shotgun for close fights, for some reason I sticked with assault rifle, silly me) when compromised. And that did happen, especially in the last mission.

circ

Arcane
SuicideBunny said:
Oh also, do you mean Rome warehouse or Taipei warehouse? I've done both with and without alarms, and there's no difference. I was hoping atleast Taipei warehouse would get me by without Albatross gay ass contacting me if I didn't get spotted either, actually the only place I found remote hacking useful. But no, same result.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
taipei. when you infiltrate properly you just get the option to do both turn off the bugs and keep one. i assume veteran simply replaces both infil options without the need to infiltrate.

hm, need to kill albatross and see what changes in teipei.

as far as remote hacking goes, turrent alarms count as you triggering an alarm. if you want infiltrator points, don't hack turrets.

circ

Arcane
SuicideBunny said:
taipei. when you infiltrate properly you just get the option to do both turn off the bugs and keep one. i assume veteran simply replaces both infil options without the need to infiltrate.

hm, need to kill albatross and see what changes in teipei.

as far as remote hacking goes, turrent alarms count as you triggering an alarm. if you want infiltrator points, don't hack turrets.
Uh.. Dude, you can just use bluff in that warehouse to keep the one bug. I got the bluff option with alarms and without them, so it has nothing to do with that.

circ

Arcane
Anyway ANYWAY. Veteran finished. Fucked Madison, in the ass I would hope. She died. OH SNAP. Fucked SIE too. Didn't do Mina or Scarlet hoping they would NOT join me on the boat. Well fuck that.

Talked Parker into shooting Marburg since this time I knew about her famileee. Marburg was a total bitch. Didn't run into token black guy this time either. Rescued Scarlet told her to fuck off. Rescued Mina.

Killed my buddy again, with sniper rifle. OK OBSIDIAN, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE FUCK MOUSE DRIVERS ARE? BECAUSE YOURS ARE ARCHAIC SHIT THAT HAVE NO PRECISION.

Went for Leland, SIE talks about opening doors AGAIN, I assume she means elevator doors? I can't see anything else. FOUND OUT YOU DON'T NEED TO STAY BELOW TO GET ROCKET ROLLED BY LELAND, YOU CAN GO UP TO HIM AND FUCK HIS SHIT UP HAHA. SUCKER.

Waited for Scarlet to shoot me so I could execute her. Didn't happen. I wanted to do that in the interrogation room, but MIKE WAS ALL MUSHY. Maybe lower rep needed. Scarlet never shows up.

So I just apparently arrested Leland, AND FOR SOME REASON, EVEN THOUGH EARLIER WHEN SHE TOLD ME SHE WAS INVOLVED I TOLD HER TO GET THE FUCK OTU OF MY FACE, MINA JOINED ME ON THE BOAT. WHY? I don't want your smelly asian pussy around me. Fuck this game is lamesauce EXTREME. What the fuck happened to all the extreme options again? There's one. And it doesn't involve danging a guy from a building anymore either.

Ausir

Arcane
hoochimama said:

Wikis are usually pretty short on info just after a game is out. Give it time, or help add to it yourself.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
try behaving consistently in a different way instead of just diverging at the points you feel are an actual choice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom