Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Breaking News: Molyneux Speaks the Truth!

themadhatter

Novice
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/fable ... 2053919015

"...imagine my surprise, when I meet Molyneux [...] and the first thing he says to me is: "Fable II's story was rubbish." He wasn't done. Before the end of our half-hour together, Molyneux had used that same word to trash the maps, menus, visuals, weapons and co-op in his last game as well.

Let's get two things out of the way:

1) GamesRadar is a HORRID site. Utterly wretched content crafted by the worst type of gamers: consoletards who apparently favor the trend toward popamole, quasi-cinematic gameplay.
2) The article COMPLETELY misses the point by brushing aside Molyneux's remark to hype Fable III instead

In any case, someone ought to write an expose on Molyneux's continued hypocrisy and hype-mechanics. The man really is a veritable personification of all that is wrong with gaming media and advertisements. To start, does anyone happen to recall his comments prior to (and during) Fable II's release? Pretty sure it was the usual run-of-the-mill yet eternally trite nonsense about "innovation out the wazoo" and whatnot, but I'm genuinely interested in his exact words.

Der_Unbekannte

Educated
So Peter basicly said that, gamesradar are fucking stupid. They didn't see that this game is shit. But hey! Now they can hype his new game! Which will be shit if Fable 4 comes out.

How can ANYONE take their opinion seriously after this article... This article basicly destroys any credibility this site has. How can they post it? Are they stupid? Or do they know how stupid their readers are and thus they know that they can get away with it.

Great article Charlie. It looks like Fable 3 is going to be a great game that improves on everything that was wrong with Fable 2. I loved Fable 2, despite it's obvious various problems, and the rest of the gaming community generally loves Fable 2 as well so it is bizarre to see how openly Molyneux says that it is a piece of trash. If Fable 2 is "a piece of trash", I can't wait to see how great Fable 3 is going to be.

Well obvious the later.... STUPID FUCKS!

MetalCraze

Arcane
Didn't you get it? Developers pretty much treat gamers like shit - and not only Moulyneux by far. They know that their target audience is so retarded that they can do anything and fanboys will still buy the game even if it isn't even a game.

And gaming press? There is no gaming press - it's called a web-site with game advertisements.

J1M

Arcane
I like how at E3 this year microsoft reduced him to introducing his trailer and he didn't even get to try and call it an RPG, just an Action Adventure.

Dny

Educated
J1M said:
I like how at E3 this year microsoft reduced him to introducing his trailer and he didn't even get to try and call it an RPG, just an Action Adventure.

It wasn't much of an incline considering that most of the time Microsoft spent there was to present the Kinect a platform that is guaranteed to be 100% Shovelware. The Wii has some fun console games and good platformers but all the Kinect will bring to someone who already has a 360 will be shovelware. Even shitbags like Molyneux are still better than the future as seen by Microsoft.

* Kinect Adventures (Microsoft Game Studios)
* Kinectimals (Frontier Studio/Microsoft Game Studios)
* Kinect Joy Ride (Big Park/Microsoft Game Studios)
* Kinect Sports (Rare/Microsoft Game Studios)
* Dance Central (MTV Games)
* Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (Ubisoft)
* EA Sports Active 2 (EA)
* Deca Sports Freedom (Hudson)
* Dance Masters (Konami)
* Adrenalin Misfits (Konami)
* Zumba Fitness (Majesco)
* Sonic Free Riders (Sega)
* The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout (THQ)
* Motion Sports (Ubisoft)
* Game Party: In Motion (Warner Bros.)

Hobo Elf

Arcane
This is the same shit Petey did to Fable when Fable 2 was released, and it'll happen to Fable 3 when Fable 4 is released.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Peter Molyneux. Peter Molyneux never changes...

Monocause

Arcane

What kind of a game is that? Who will play a game that forces him to admit that he's the biggest loser without such a predicate belonging to the metacontext as is more usual?

Norfleet

Molyneux is a has-been. He had his day, but now he turns out nothing more than stale, popamole console crap.

Molyneux is truly a troll of the highest order. He's like Drog on a much grander scale. First he makes something decent, then he hangs around just pissing everyone off and making consoletard shit look good.

Monocause said:

What kind of a game is that? Who will play a game that forces him to admit that he's the biggest loser without such a predicate belonging to the metacontext as is more usual?

Console gamers are like women. The more you beat them, the more they learn to love being beaten.

Achilles

Arcane
themadhatter said:
"...imagine my surprise, when I meet Molyneux [...] and the first thing he says to me is: "Fable II's story was rubbish." He wasn't done. Before the end of our half-hour together, Molyneux had used that same word to trash the maps, menus, visuals, weapons and co-op in his last game as well.

Huh. I wonder how the journalists feel about that. You know, the ones who thought Fable 2 was awesome and gave all those 10/10 reviews, best game evah and such?

hoochimama

Liturgist
They're cogs in the hype machine, I doubt they feel anything about it. As Hobo Elf said it's already standard procedure for Molyneux to bash his previous game as part of hyping the new one.

For them to feel anything about the man trashing the game they gave 10/10 to would imply they actually gave the rating some thought or wrote what they actually believed in and had a modicum of pride. They just write what the readers and publishers expect to read.

MisterStone

Arcane
What do you expect about Molyneaux, this is the guy that tried to pimp his own sister to Pacific islanders as a prank.

And the guy who claimed the AI in Black and White surprised and frightened him all the time.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
hoochimama said:
They're cogs in the hype machine, I doubt they feel anything about it. As Hobo Elf said it's already standard procedure for them to bash old games as part of hyping the new ones.
Fix'd

Indeed, remember how bad Oblivion suddenly became to the reviewers as soon as Bethesda starting pushing out Fallout 3?

It will be interesting if F:NV obsoletes F3 into shit, as its from a different developer.

Monocause said:

The Biggest Loser is a show in the US, it's a contest to see who loses the most weight, hence the biggest loser (as in lbs). It sucks, as will the game and everything MS does with Natal (fuck its new name).

MisterStone

Arcane
deuxhero said:
MisterStone said:
What do you expect about Molyneaux, this is the guy that tried to pimp his own sister to Pacific islanders as a prank.

!

Links or it didn't happen?

Actually I remembered it wrong; they were in the Antilles, not a Pacific island...

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/featur ... p1_02.html

"We were on holiday in St. Lucia, and we had taken a trip to a volcano," remembers Webley, who was 15 years old at the time. "At the top, many locals were selling things, and it wasn't long before Peter, my older brother by four years, started bartering with them conspiratorially." Webley soon realized what was happening. "As we started to go, I realized he had sold me to them for loads of their stuff." When asked to fess up about the tale, Molyneux admits it's true. "Hey, they had some really nice black coral I wanted to buy, and I didn't have any money on me," he tries to explain. "So I figured I would sell my sister--she seemed like the obvious coinage." While Molyneux meant it as a joke, when the locals got wind of him pulling out of the deal, Webley remembers they were none too pleased. "We had to make a very hasty getaway as they chased after us, wielding knives!"

Notice his sister didn't say anything about being chased by people with knives...

I'm looking forward to the next Fable game. They're fun little romps. They've always basically been action adventure games. I'm looking forward to this one for it's expanded co-op feature, so Allison and I can play without her getting bored.

MisterStone said:
"We were on holiday in St. Lucia, and we had taken a trip to a volcano," remembers Webley, who was 15 years old at the time. "At the top, many locals were selling things, and it wasn't long before Peter, my older brother by four years, started bartering with them conspiratorially." Webley soon realized what was happening. "As we started to go, I realized he had sold me to them for loads of their stuff." When asked to fess up about the tale, Molyneux admits it's true. "Hey, they had some really nice black coral I wanted to buy, and I didn't have any money on me," he tries to explain. "So I figured I would sell my sister--she seemed like the obvious coinage." While Molyneux meant it as a joke, when the locals got wind of him pulling out of the deal, Webley remembers they were none too pleased. "We had to make a very hasty getaway as they chased after us, wielding knives!"

Notice his sister didn't say anything about being chased by people with knives...

I now love Molyneux.

Dny

Educated
hoochimama said:
They're cogs in the hype machine, I doubt they feel anything about it. As Hobo Elf said it's already standard procedure for Molyneux to bash his previous game as part of hyping the new one.

For them to feel anything about the man trashing the game they gave 10/10 to would imply they actually gave the rating some thought or wrote what they actually believed in and had a modicum of pride. They just write what the readers and publishers expect to read.

That feels really stupid though, you can generate ton of hype without saying anything negative about your older games. Nintendo does it pretty well and they actually sell games going back to the NES era FFS. Sounds like Molytard (amiright) is not even good at marketing and a hack being given life support by his surrounding (publisher, developers..). If you need to bash your previous work to market your newer stuff you are doing it wrong.

Daily routine ?

MisterStone

Arcane
When Molyneux tells the same story, bullshit gets mixed in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom