Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age 2 Announced

hakuroshi

Augur
Despite some bright points DA:O was shit.
Bio can do anything they want with DA2 it won't affect their reputation or state of RPG or whatever.
They will make a lot of money though...

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Roguey said:
2ewmtn7.png

He's probably been giggling to himself all this time, waiting for the announcement. I love Mistah Gaider.

Could you post a link to the topic?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Someone find John Riccitiello's email and send him a copy of that Gaider's post, where he deliberately herds their sheeple our way instead of shoving the happiness pill down their throat.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Warden said:
Overweight Manatee said:
I can't imagine why he would even mention the codex on a public forum.

Grudge.
dissing the codex is a fairly codexian thing to do, and no matter how much bullshit gaider posts, fact is, he has a codex account, occasionally hangs around, and bitches about the codex as much as all the other codexians do.

chzr

Scholar
Perhaps Gaider secretely hates bio games on codex.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Roguey said:
2ewmtn7.png

He's probably been giggling to himself all this time, waiting for the announcement. I love Mistah Gaider.
So you are saying D.Gaider can use brain?

Too bad he didn't use humor in his texts in DA.

Tails

Arbiter
I't shows only that they don't really care what their audience wants. I'm not surprised thought, since Biofanboys are ready to defend to death the most silly ideas of Bioware.

Warden

Arbiter
chzr said:
Perhaps Gaider secretely hates bio games on codex.

:-D

It's a deal between him and his head-racoon.

Racoon :x : "You'll acknowledge the shit you make or I'm gone forever!"

Gaider :retarded: : "Yes sir."

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So is using the almighty dollar as his avatar a gigantic hint about the state of BioWare games??

kanenas

Educated
Jaesun said:
So is using the almighty dollar as his avatar a gigantic hint about the state of BioWare games??

all Bio-people have that avatar in their forums :M

68.jpg

Tails said:
I't shows only that they don't really care what their audience wants.
Yeah, it seems like a really strange decision. Basically with this new direction they will lose a huge chunk of the DA:O audience. Will the ME2 fans/consoletards make up for it? Doubtful, since if those people found DA:O "boring" and "too hard", then why would they care about its sequel? It really seems like a lose-lose situation for BioWare, with this reinventing of the wheel, um, sorry, "revolutionizing of the genre". Sounds like the suits don't really understand what the hell they're doing.

Tails said:
I'm not surprised thought, since Biofanboys are ready to defend to death the most silly ideas of Bioware.
Not really. Check the DA2 forums - 80% of the people are disappointed. Check the DA:O forums - LOTS of bitching about Bioware shitting out crappy DLCs and neglecting the goddamn 1.04 patch. Awakening is STILL horribly bugged and barely playable.

Tails

Arbiter
Some Moron On Welfare said:
Not really. Check the DA2 forums - 80% of the people are disappointed. Check the DA:O forums - LOTS of bitching about Bioware shitting out crappy DLCs and neglecting the goddamn 1.04 patch. Awakening is STILL horribly bugged and barely playable.
I read them and those who defend Bioware indeed, are in minority, thought still they give me creeps. Anyway Personally I think that those people "against" in the end will purchase the DA2 anyway (at least most of them) and either accept the changes or not, which will be still win/win situation for Bioware, like basically Gaider predicts. I'm in 95% sure that most of those people just don't have the guts to make some kind of protest. In the end time will show.

hoochimama

Liturgist
They'll still buy DA2 despite all the bitching, and a new "dynamic" action-style combat system is sure to interest that huge ME2/actionrpg crowd, it was one of the biggest complaints in mainstream reviews.

My points is, why would the action RPG crowd buy the sequel if they hated the original?

Would you buy Halo 4 if it got a PC port and the devs promised that it would have deep tactical combat? I doubt it.

hoochimama

Liturgist
Because the part they hated is now done the way they like it?(assuming that "dynamic" combat does imply an action combat system)

Would you buy Halo 4 if it got a PC port and the devs promised that it would have deep tactical combat? I doubt it.

If I was interested in halo4 but only the combat system kept me from trying it and now they changed the combat system to something I'd like, why not?

Cassidy

Arcane
kanenas said:
Jaesun said:

all Bio-people have that avatar in their forums :M

68.jpg

It's not the almighty dollar, it's the symbol of the Illuminati.

Making people retarded with console games is part of their conspiracy to create an one-world government.

KalosKagathos

Learned
What's he talking about? The Codex is well-known for enjoying shitty games for what they are, and the reception of DA is the most shining example of the phenomenon there is.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
In true Codexian fashion many who initially were lukewarm to DA have started to look back on it with revulsion.

Achilles

Arcane
Overweight Manatee said:
Removing the majority of filler trash mobs from the game would by one of the best improvements they could make. I can tolerate a lot of faults with a game, but not the amount of banal shit boring combat DA had.

Actually I predict that the opposite will happen. They will strip out the good parts and put in even more filler combat to satisfy the action crowd.

Cassidy

Arcane
Mangoose said:
Nice, Gaider, way to be immature.

Don't confuse immaturity with marketing stunts. After all, his target audience admires such type of behavior.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom