Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I brought Dungeon Lords...

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
If you're gonna complain about PST, at least complain about the linearity of it and not how it doesn't have fucking ph4t lewt, you cunt.

Shagnak said:
I thoroughly enjoyed Thief 2! :D

But then again, look at my sig :(
Thief 2 owns your fucking nub asshole, cuntwash.

Drakron said:
Actually I dont like PS:T much, its a good story and all but its RPG elements really suck (no armor, no swords) and I dont like the setting much.

I do believe you meant 'armar' and 'sords.'

Nevermind, its easier to just outright flame you: You are a fucking idiot.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
undead dolphin hacker said:
My fucking nub asshole owns your mouth you scat-loving scab-eating syphilitic porpoise.

And it should be obvious I like Thief 2.

Methinks you try too hard to be all edgy, but sadly other people already do it better than you. Oh well, keep trying - there will be a fishy in it for you at the end of the day. Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning...

Drakron

Arcane
I do believe you meant 'armar' and 'sords.'

Nevermind, its easier to just outright flame you: You are a fucking idiot.

PS:T is overrated, I recomend it as a game but as a RPG it have flaws ...

Funny thing is the game ends up like JRPG (with more freedom) since there is little of making a character, you play as the Nameless One and that is it ... sure he can be somewhat diferent but its never your character, its someone else character.

I think a lot of my dislike comes from the Planescape setting itself, I know some people like it but others dont ...

Personal I think many people that praise PS:T likely never played it, they simply pass it on as "the greatest RPG" as word of mouth.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
It certainly is nowhere close to being the greatest RPG ever, but it is indeed a great game.

About the character thing, are you fucking kidding me? Just because you can't name him and such, he's not "your" character, despite being able to oh, I dunno, fucking roleplay with him? You can be anywhere from godly god to evil bastard, join innumerable number of factions and to top it all off, some of the best dialogs executed in an RPG. The dialog alone raises it above being a linear, on-the-rails console RPG.

But please, why do you hate the planescape setting so? Not enough Drizzt dual-wielding ackshun for you?

Shagnak said:
My fucking nub asshole owns your mouth you scat-loving scab-eating syphilitic porpoise.

And it should be obvious I like Thief 2.

Methinks you try too hard to be all edgy, but sadly other people already do it better than you. Oh well, keep trying - there will be a fishy in it for you at the end of the day. Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning...
Why would I try to be 'edgy' in this low-traffic cesspool? And why would I pick such a lame-ass target as yourself?

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Why would I try to be 'edgy' in this low-traffic cesspool?
Beats me.
So quit it then, fish breath.
Better yet, don't post it all. I'm sure we would hate to see your glossy exterior dulled by the pollution of this 'cesspool'.

Drakron

Arcane
As a former FR player dont talk about Drizzt to me, I even started a small issue in Wizards forums way back (when I played, pre-3.5 ) with a FR novel writter over novels and the game world.

Now as for not naming ... that is not enough to make it my character, I want to select race/gender/class (when appliable) and I make my character background, I also like to select his class.

In PS:T those elements have already been done, there is no choice in creating a character besides stats, background is already laid in (since the story focus on it) ...

Using your example I was playing Drizzt except I could decide his starting stats.

Spazmo

Erudite
Well, which is better: a game that lets you define your own background and then necessarily ignores it or a game with a rich story like PS:Ts? I'd say both can make for great games.

Mendoza

Liturgist
Drakron said:
Now as for not naming ... that is not enough to make it my character, I want to select race/gender/class (when appliable) and I make my character background, I also like to select his class.

In PS:T those elements have already been done, there is no choice in creating a character besides stats, background is already laid in (since the story focus on it) ...

Do you get to choose your gender and race in real life? Does that make your life any less yours?

I don't have any problems with playing an amnesiac, because it's a situation you could potentially experience - you have a history, but the person who created that history isn't you, there's no reason to behave as he did.

All the restrictions in PS:T come out of real life situations (well, real if you lived in the PS multiverse anyway) and real life doesn't let you be whatever you want.

obediah

Erudite
Naked_Lunch said:
If you're gonna complain about PST, at least go bash your retarded fucking skull in until your stupid worthless underserving of life ass is dead.

I think you had a typo in there, so I fixed it.

anonymous21

Novice
Worst purchase ever: Might and Magic IX. No question. None.

Drakron said:
Actually I dont like PS:T much, its a good story and all but its RPG elements really suck

I'd say that PS:T is as close to being a flawless RPG as any other game I've ever played. Yeah, I'm biased, but either way, I don't really see how any of its RPG elements 'really suck'. The noticeable dearth of armor was easily made of for with that awesome tatoo system, the ability to rip your eye out of your socket, and... well, that's it.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Planescape: Torment is overrated in terms of the combat, but I'm willing to believe the amazing dialogue, characters and story more than makes up for the combat and made the game land a score of 9 out of 10. The game is great, perhaps not the best RPG ever, but a great game anyhow. And that is TEH LAW!!!

Worst purchases in my life? Black and White, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Neverwinter Nights, Morrowind, Sim City 3000, Fallout: Tactics and, yup I guess I have to come clean with you all: Daikatana. I payed full fucking price for that shit. You know there's times in your youth when you consider killing yourself? Well, I got that feeling when I started playing Daikatana. (Luckily, I had nice friends who comforted me and made me see that I should wait with the razor blade until I'm sixtythree, for some reason.)

Greatatlantic

Erudite
In Japan, they are bored of their language. English is something, foreign, mysterious, and kewl... I think. So they add English texts to the Japanese to spice it up. Sort of like the kids who get Asian calligraphy tatoos, they don't know what they heck they mean, but still they think it looks cool. Of course the Japanese make a lot of typos, not that they actually care since its just for show, but to the native speaker some of the more amusing mistakes are called Engrish, for which sites are devoted to recording. Like this one:

http://www.engrish.com

Deathboy

Liturgist
What your still posting Shaggy?
Give up you're beat man!
That undead dolphin dude uses multi-syllabic words like "under" and stuff, his IQ must be in the high teens!
Never mess with someone who has a double-digit IQ even low double digits!

Forgive him undead dolphin dude as he knows not what he does.......

......but with a low double digit IQ I'm guessing you don't know either :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom