Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OnLive - Not for the hardcore.

Chaud

Novice
Good day, Codex.

I'm posting this here, because I know how much you love OnLive, and everything. And because I'm stupid too.

OnLive CEO Steve Perlman has admitted that the Cloud gaming service isn't ideal for hardcore gamers that want to play high-end titles.

The service launched in the US last month, and according to Perlman, subscriptions are far exceeding what the firm expected.

However, Perlman told Industry Gamers he'd be "super happy" if hardcore gamers used OnLive as a demo service - where they could test new games before downloading them in full from Steam and other digital games portals.

"If you're a hardcore gamer and you've got a big rig and you want the highest quality graphics then OnLive is not the place where you're going to play your high-end game," he admitted.

"Then again, to not have a huge download in order to trial something before you make the purchase decision, why not? Just click OnLive and give it a go. If you like it, terrific. Download the thing from Steam or order a copy on DVD."

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... G-News-RSS

More on that, here: http://www.industrygamers.com/news/onli ... hallenges/

How the mighty have fallen. :smug:

Joghurt

Augur
micmu said:
we have folks that are just watching games instead of TV
:lol:

Don't laugh. If you think about it. Codex LP's would be awesome if I could watch them live on TV. Image watching Codex X-Com Let's Play live with Blobert playing and talking on microphone. That would be awesome. :D

Micmu

Magister
And free, most importantly.

" Image watching Codex X-Com Let's Play live with Blobert playing and talking on microphone. That would be awesome"

No.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Moar leik

2d8ltes.jpg

MetalCraze

Arcane
OnLive CEO Steve Perlman has admitted that the Cloud gaming service isn't ideal for hardcore gamers that want to play high-end titles.

Remember how I wrote that a month after launch he will say "Oh well OnLive didn't turn out to be as we promised, sry guys fuck you"?

L
O
L

XI: "lol no guise u r rooong I totally haev nonaem xpertz here telling me that itz tekknologically possible"

Shannow

Waster of Time
Did I miss the part where OnLive doesn't cost "service" subscription + renting the game for 3 years at full retail price?

Pay more to "demo" than for the game alone...
This also leads the whole "but you don't have to update your rig every 3 years" argument ad absurdum.

Who'd have tunked.

Angthoron

Arcane
But can you play Zuma on this? Or is it too hardcore, too, what with all the additional lag?

Micmu

Magister
We can start placing bets on how long before OnFail officially closes its doors. 3 months? 6 months? One year :)shock:) ?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Within 3 months.
So far my clevian predictions about it were right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom