Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Dungeon Lords: The trashing continues

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
theverybigslayer said:
Yes, I totally agree! Morons cannot play this great game! They are whining because of the frustration. They were waiting for a new screensaver/movie watching game but they have got a fighting game instead.

Hmmm, the frustration part sounds right. The fighting is just clicky, clicky boredom because of the game's reliance on mobs of crap attacking you.

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
Nothing left to say, so I'll throw in another quote by the venerable DW Bradley:
<blockquote>As you might imagine, during the past several decades my approach to creating leading edge RPG and my computer game design philosophy has evolved quite a bit, and Dungeon Lords is a quantum leap, the crowning achievement of a lifetime's worth of experience to create a new class of RPG that really takes you there</blockquote>
In my opinion Dungeon Lords is not so bad game, but this quote by Bradley is LOL :lol:

LlamaGod

Cipher
would loving dungeon lords mean you're a scat fan?

It just seems like you must enjoy having shit streamed all over your face

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
LlamaGod said:
would loving dungeon lords mean you're a scat fan?

It just seems like you must enjoy having shit streamed all over your face

No, I do not enjoy that. This is reason why I do not play Kotor2 or Bloodlines.

Second Chance

Liturgist
DL is better than Bloodlines. Not that I have played Bloodlines of course :lol: I have my standards! :lol:

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
If you haven't played Bloodlines, then don't say any shit about it. Simple as that.

And there is no way in fucking hell DL is better than Bloodlines.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Second Chance said:
DL is better than Bloodlines. Not that I have played Bloodlines of course :lol: I have my standards! :lol:

No one with standards would have thought much about playing Dungeon Lords after the demo.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Saint_Proverbius said:
No one with standards would have thought much about playing Dungeon Lords after the demo.
But if I always based my expectations wholely on demos then I would have not have bothered with that gem called "Prince of Qin". Or Fallout.

Unfortunately, in this case the demo was a reasonably good reflection of what to expect in the final (I use that word loosely) version.

Edit:
I was going to add something in the lines of "you should as least wait for some reviews as well". But then I realised what I was saying, and that their were actually a couple of positive early reviews of Dung Lords, and decided that my advice was complete bollocks.
Couple that with the fact that even mediocre games can get good reviews, and no-one can agree on exactly what the good games are...*sigh*
Maybe it should be: try the demo, look at oodles of reviews, and be aware that the resultant good impression may still mean you won't like it, or the resutant bad impression does not preclude you from actually liking it.
Fuck. What a pointless piece of advice.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
... and brain dead AI.

Fucking psycho is more like it. Archers and mages love to rush at me and shoot me at point blank. All the monsters have two moves: Charge and Smack.

taks

Liturgist
theverybigslayer said:
In my opinion Dungeon Lords is not so bad game
hmm... you must be related to him.
taks

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom