Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nehrim

Lexx

Cipher
There are bricks on the ground. You have to pick them up and move them to the holes. It's kind of tricky here and there, but possible. Killing the rats will do nothing, they just respawn over and over again.

Raapys

Arcane
Ah yeah, just figured it out. Was kinda hard to see them with 200 rat bodies lying around and new ones attacking me all the time.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
How do you get past the guard and to the other side of the gate? I don't speak German, so I'm just fumbling my way through.

I could only put to two bricks in the rat hole, and surprisingly no more rats came out, but I couldn't put the brick in the middle rat hole. It won't lock into place.

I'm stuck at this point.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's a rather fumbly business. Just wiggle the brick around a bit near the hole and hope it gets stuck.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
You have to get that last stone in place, just try a bit more. After that you get a quest about removing a helmet. Talk with all three in the room where you got the rat quest. You need soap to remove the helmet, go down to the gate an talk to guardsman Morten. The soap is on top of the gate. To get it you have to get the magicians on the other side to fire at them. Shoot them with an arrow,they attack and the soap will fall down. Pick up atleast three, and go back to the cave and remove the helmet. The persons in the cave says that they don't have any more jobs for you, but that you could ask quardsman Morten by the gate. Talk to him, and you get at quest to find something that can strenghten the gate. He gives you a key, and tells you to go up to the mine gate back the way you came down in the start. There you will find a couple of showlels, take them back to Morten. And from there you should be able to get out soon..

Raapys

Arcane
I thought you were meant to go to that Arkanes Sanktum once out, but talking to Vanmiria doesn't seem to give me any quests.

Guess I should start playing in windowed mode with Google translate in the background. My german isn't what it used to be, way too complicated for me in this game.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
You have to go to Abtei Tirirn first, and deliver a letter you got from the mage. Then you can join the army at Erothin? The man at Abtei Tirirn (first floor) says that you should gather equipment an experience before doing so.

Raapys

Arcane
I see, thanks alot!

I'm amazed at how much better-looking the world in this mod is compared to Oblivion's. It really does have a Gothic-vibe to it, which is an amazing feat coming from a bunch of unpaid modders.

The german thingy is throwing me off a bit, but am I right in thinking you can't actually create new spells, but only buy upgraded versions of the premade ones?

Misterhamper

Scholar
How are the magic then, for those of you who have played a little further?

Can't wait till the english translation. Read on ESF that it will be at the end of August.

:love:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Reached the first proper town and wanted to go on to the Sanctum, but... I think I'll turn back and do some of the dungeons in the first area before going there, since the enemies become quite a bit harder when you progress, which is awesome.

Also I totally had to flee from one dungeon full of battlemages because they were too strong for me. And that was still in the starting area. Really, when you're ganged by spell-flinging mages who don't suck in combat, either, you better RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. Outside, I thought "hey, a wolf, let's attack it, can't be that hard even though I got only half of my HP" and he turned out to be more difficult than I thought, wanted to use a teleport spell to get back to safety ONLY TO FIND THEY DON'T WORK IN COMBAT

Managed to kill the wolf, teleported, then found out that teleport spells *consume* a teleport rune with each use, and those things cost about 100 gold, which is a lot in the beginning of the game. FFFFFUUUU

Lexx

Cipher
The difficult thing is an interesting topic. Which brings me to some other point I don't like:

As it looks like to me, you have to grind at some point to level up. Else enemies in the next area will be too hard for you. So you are not doing quests to level up, you have to run around and kill some stuff.

People who don't mind running around, killing stuff, grinding 'n shit will not care. I personally don't really like that.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Since the dungeons are so well-designed, I want to explore all of them anyway, and there are cool unique items around to find, too.
Since I'm still at the beginning I don't know how important grinding will be later on, though.

Raapys

Arcane
Does look like there'll be a fair bit of grinding, since there's not all that many quests to go around. Still though, level up only gives you an increase in primary abilities from what I've seen. You can increase skills, both magical and mundane, without actually leveling up, so it shouldn't be necessary to increase your level to get better.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Currently in the dungeon of Isela where I got a sidequest to find some phat lewt, and holy shit that dungeon is atmospheric as hell. Less enemies than in other dungeons (some hallways are empty or only have one monster), all undead, and complete and utter darkness so you absolutely need a torch. Really creepy atmosphere in there. Awesome.

Luzur

Good Sir
just found out that my suddenly GPU overheats for some weird reason when playing games like oblivion, need to fix that first before i can go clubbing in Nehrim with you guys.

goddammit.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Very intriguing - sounds like a helluva mod. In fact it almost seems disingenuous to call it merely that, as it really seems like they tried to make an entirely new game out of it - not simply new content, but an entirely new feel. Bravo to that team! And goddammit for my German not being good enough. Must wait for English version. Alas!

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
The gameplay videos look really good, I'm actually surprised how good it looks to be honest. Curious to read more impressions since I don't own a copy of Oblivion.

Raapys

Arcane
Well, I only understand a few words they're saying in the game, so I can't speak for dialog and story quality. Still, I think this is easily the most impressive mod I've ever seen. It completely beats the crap out of the original game. They've actually managed to make locations look good and exploration fun. And no longer are cities in separate cells, which is a welcome change though it taxes the performance a bit.

Obviously it inherits some flaws from the original game, like the crappy dialog system, combat, UI, etc., but those were always minor problems compared to the level scaling and general dullness of the game world; both of which I think have been fixed with this mod.

I do worry a bit that it's gonna be lacking in content though, specifically quests. I've found a few not related to the main story, but not many. It hasn't been a problem this far but, when I look at the huge size of the game world, I suspect it eventually will be. A few places are also a bit lifeless; some more NPCs here and there wouldn't have hurt.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Yeah, most NPCs don't have anything to say and I haven't encountered many sidequests yet. Still, there are surprisingly many dungeons and all of them are vastly superior in design to anything Oblivion had. Main quest's pretty cool so far and the writing is, while nothing special, solid.

I wonder if there'll be more sidequests once I reach the big cities, though. It would certainly do the game good to have more of those.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It looks intersting. Sadly, I'm a disgrace to the aryan people, and not conversant in the native tongue of the Übermensch. I guess I'll gve t a whirl when they release the english translation.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Maybe I should buy an english-german/german-english dictionary and try this out. Would be good practice.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I basically have flat out refused to purchase/acquire ES IV, but this actually sounds interesting.

Keep up the updates JarlFrank, it might get to a point where I finally decide to actually try it (English version).

Speaking of, how far off is such an English version anyways?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
End of August, or so I've read. Not very long till the English version.

Some of the dungeons are exceptionally good-looking. Currently in some crystal-mine full of magic elementals, found a note that says something about the miners finding an old dwarven ruin and artefacts and then these monsters came when they dug too deep.
The dwarf-ruin part of the mine looks really fucking awesome. Those area designers were really putting some effort into making the dungeons atmospheric.

Also, I was curious and checked out a map to see whether the dungeon density will keep up throughout the game:
http://www.sureai.de/wiki/images/b/b4/NehrimMap.jpg
Looks quite large, content-wise. The world also definitely feels larger than Oblivion for lack of fast travel and high mountains blocking your view so you can't see the whole world from one place.

Raapys

Arcane
Think I've been to most of the Middlereich now, 'cept the eastern coast. Looks like dungeons and towns are fewer in the other kingdoms, with more mountains to occupy the space, so the game world might not be quite as large as I initially thought.

I agree with regards to the dungeons, they're very well-made. Just the right size, and usually with loot that makes the trip worth it.

Anyone tried this team's Morrowind TC, Arktwend?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom