Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nehrim

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
vazquez595654 said:
Okay, then my game is broken, because I have the two shovels and he tells me this:

Ich sage Euch, bleibt bloB dem Tor fern.

Google Translation:

I tell you, is far Biobé the gate.

I notice that when I shoot arrows at the cloaked people on the other side they don't attack either.

You have to get the two shovels that the quest compass leads you to (if there is no compass, get the two shovels that shine in a yellow light. They're the ones you need.) and then when you return there'll be an attack.

Real translation of that dialogue part:
I tell you, stay away from the gate!

SoupNazi

QUEST COMPASS?

WHAT IS THIS POPAMOLE NEW SHIT DOING ON MY CODEXES

Tails

Arbiter
Quick question: Dungeons are more like those from Daggerfall or Morrowind?

vazquez595654

Arbiter
I shot the soap from a hill. Then I noticed I could reach it from below. Attacking the cloaked figures doesn't do anything.

I just decided to use the tcl command to get past the gate. Right now I am just floating around looking at the world. Man, it looks way better than Oblivion.

I didn't even notice there is a quest compass.

Raapys

Arcane
vazquez595654 said:
I shot the soap from a hill. Then I noticed I could reach it from below. Attacking the cloaked figures doesn't do anything.
Yeah, you need to restart or load a save from before you got the soap. When you're asked to get it, shoot one of the mages, pick up soap which falls down, finish quest, get shovel quest, get shovels, then go out and watch the mages breach through the gate.

Middelreich looks good, but the area to the west and north-west of the game world looks amazing.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
I have to say this is the most beautifully designed game world I have ever seen. Granted the Oblivion engine is kind of ugly, but how the wolrd is layed out is amazing. This actually feels like a place that could exist in the real world (at least the northen regions). The layout of the land, and the towns. This is a place I would like to visit. Compared to Oblivion's unrealistic, ugly landscapes this game's world is apporaching A quality work.

Some one mentioned this looks like Gothic. Nah, Gothic 3's landscape is at times impressive looking with the castles and towns built into the mountains with so much detail, but the difference is that this games landscape, actually looks realistic. Granted there are exceptions.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tails said:
Quick question: Dungeons are more like those from Daggerfall or Morrowind?

Morrowind, but most dungeons are larger than the Morrowind ones. They all seem to be designed by hand, too, so no deja-vus when exploring.

Raapys

Arcane
New patch out with, as I read it, bounty missions, new/completed dungeons and a new special magic skill. Also bug fixes and some optimizations.

kazgar

Arcane
So this worth buying oblivion for? (when the english version comes out, i have enough problems with one language)

Its cheap on steam today.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
From what I have seen so far I'd say yes. The world/dungeon design is really great.
It shares the crappy combat, clunky UI and inane NPCs though.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
kazgar said:
So this worth buying oblivion for? (when the english version comes out, i have enough problems with one language)

Its cheap on steam today.
6,79€ for standard edition with expansions
8,49€ for horse armor edition with expansions

In case anyone was wondering.

Get it for free from TPB instead.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
well, If Bethesda hadn't made Oblivion we wouldn't have Nehrim... Nice things can grow out of shit ;)

Tails

Arbiter
I really like to hear how much combat mechanic and character development differs from vanilla Oblivion. Btw. from site:
The English version of Nehrim will be released in early September.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
krist2 said:
well, If Bethesda hadn't made Oblivion we wouldn't have Nehrim... Nice things can grow out of shit ;)

So Bethesda are the cows, whose crap fertilizes the green fields of CRPGs?

Still waiting for that english translation for Nehrim.

If the English version is just a plugin over the base Nehrim I'm guessing it will probably work with the German saves. If its a different version of the already existing Nehrim files then it could go either way I think. Course, I'm not an Oblivion modder so take what I say with a grain of salt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom