Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News David Gaider talks about dialogue choices AGAIN!

Human Shield

Augur
Volourn said:
"Hmm, just for fairness - in P:T, there were up to like 20 dialogue options."

Hahaha. Why do people feel the need to make shit up?

You didn't notice the "more" command on the 9th choice? Most of those lead to the same response too.

I don't really care about dialog, I wouldn't mind to be given a summary of the conversation and choice between "angry yes/no", "friendly yes/no", and a bunch of other generic options that would result in dynamic reactions.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Hmm, just for fairness - in P:T, there were up to like 20 dialogue options."

Hahaha. Why do people feel the need to make shit up?

That shit is wack. Twenty dialogue options? Can't say I recall that many at any given moment. There's about a couple of situations where you get more than 10, but 20 doesn't ring any bells.

Then again, Gromnir is right... Twenty or so options in one or two dialogue sections is largely meaningless in a game in the 40-60 hour range. It just isn't relevant. And as DU also pointed out, adding choices should only be done when they make sense, not at every turn.

taks

Liturgist
yeah, somebody says "hey, how's it going" and you get:

1. "bad, i need to slice my wrists downstream, not across the street"
2. "fuck you"
3. "blow me"
4. "like roses!"
5. "...

well, you get the picture.

taks

Fez

Erudite
I love it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom