Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divine Divinity Sale on GOG

Jason

chasing a bee
Good Old Games is giving you a chance to <a href="http://af.gog.com/en/promo/divinity?as=1649904300" target="blank">score the Divinity games</a> on the cheap and kick a little money to the Codex at the same time.
<blockquote>With the newest part in the Divinity series released recently, we're offering you the two previous games for the lowest price ever! This weekend you can grab Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity with a 30% discount. But if you decide to buy both games in one order or if you already have one of the Divinity games and decide to buy the other - you'll receive a 50% discount.</blockquote>
The two together is $7.98 and Divine Divinity on its own is $4.19.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Grab DD, forget BD.

Or better yet: torrent them. No one should make money from stuff that is freely available on the intertubes.

From what I've read the GOG version of DivDiv is barely playable. It consistently crashes in many places (usually when fighting specific boss type characters) and, thus, cannot be completed.

deuxhero

Arcane
Wasn't intrested untill I went ot the website and say Interstate 76 in the new releases

OMG Interstate 76! I loved that game! Woot! *deep breath*

Murk

Arcane
Droog White Smile said:
From what I've read the GOG version of DivDiv is barely playable. It consistently crashes in many places (usually when fighting specific boss type characters) and, thus, cannot be completed.

This is untrue - I bought the GOG version and it plays fine -- there is however a problem with interacting with items (including stairways, chests, levers, teleporters) on cliff tops in the Dark Forest portion of the game, something that is necessary for the main quest I believe, however GOG is working on a patch for it and should have the fix out pretty soon if not already. The Impulse version had the same problem and a fix was issued for that.

Otherwise I experienced no crashes to desktop or other major glitches save for the interacting one in my two runs as a warrior and a mage.

edit: after browsing the larian forums it seems that GOG's version of Divinity 1 has been upgraded to 1.005A which is newer than what they had previously, 1.004A, meaning the above problems should be fixed. Coolio, I might download and play it again.

DaveO

Erudite
So by making it an exclusive patch, it only made the game impossible to complete if you can't continue on the main quest. :oops:

Murk

Arcane
Yep, 1.7 gigs to redo -- must suck for anyone in limited bandwidth areas like Australia... ;(

Murk

Arcane
protip: once your health and mana are in excess of 200 points stick to using restoration potions instead of health/mana potions. restoration works based on percentage of total health/mana, where-as the singular health or mana potions restore a set amount. theoretically, a mini restoration potion can restore more health and mana than a super health or super mana potion.

alchemy level 1 to mix potions together, can get it from books and/or items.

humorguy

Novice
Well, all I can say as an original buyer of DD at full price, thinking I was supporting a small publisher, is i am never going to do that again - so well done Larian, you've done an EA on all the othr small publishers!

Why the hell should I, a supporter of the company at their start by buying the game at full price, to help them stay in business to release further money making titles, have to, in effect, pay $6 for the latest patch?! It's not the money, its the principle!

This is money grubbing at it's worse, and the third time GOG have done this. It's just should not be allowed!

So F*** you Larian. I'll be damned if I buy any more of your titles when you treat your founding customers like this!

m_s0

Arcane
What's funny is that some guy pointed this out in the GOG forums and immediately got flamed by a bunch of sheeple

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I bought the boxed version of DD years ago and will gladly pay $6 for a version which is even better than the one I played back then. More resolutions? Great!

... I'd somehow have to make sure beforehand that the bugs are fixed, though.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Larian is certainly not the first company to sell patches. Remeber Space Rangers 2: Reboot and Dung Lords: Cock Guzzlers Edition? It's quite understandable too, normally publisher pays the dev for the patches. I doubt whoever originally published DivDiv has any interest in these late compatibility patches for an ancient game.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I must have missed something. When did DD's patch become pay?

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
When they patched digital download versions. The latest version of the game is 1.5a on GOG and Impulse but you can't download this patch for the boxed versions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom