Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nehrim

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
So the main download link is dead, the tracker they used for the torrent croaked and ModDB link is still awaiting authorization... A successful release I must say!

Raapys

Arcane
Worked fine for me. Also works with saves from german version, the translation is just an additional data file(NehrimEnglish.esp) which you activate in the launcher.

bloodlover

Arcane
So how the hell do you install the eng version? Do you install it in the Oblivion folder or the data folder?

Raapys

Arcane
Well, doesn't really matter because it just copies the files it needs from your Oblivion install folder. Then you run it from the folder you installed Nehrim too. In other words, just install it like you would any normal game, just be sure to have Oblivion installed and patched beforehand.

bloodlover

Arcane
Well I did but it still does not work. Also NehrimLauncher gives me an error when I try to launch it. Wtf is wrong here? O.o

bloodlover

Arcane
well I was reading that just now. I am a little confused about

Since Nehrim is a total conversion, it would not be advisable to install the mod directly into
the Oblivion installation folder – because in doing so there is simply too much data that will
be overwritten.
Instead the installer automatically locates your Oblivion directory and copies out all the
needed information to play Nehrim into the Nehrim folder. This is a location on your hard
drive selectable by you

So I should install the game where the installer wants? but that is in program files, some AI folder,,,

edit : I have windows XP

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
The starter dungeon was totally rad, very promising overall so far.

crazy_dave

Educated
bloodlover said:
well I was reading that just now. I am a little confused about

Since Nehrim is a total conversion, it would not be advisable to install the mod directly into
the Oblivion installation folder – because in doing so there is simply too much data that will
be overwritten.
Instead the installer automatically locates your Oblivion directory and copies out all the
needed information to play Nehrim into the Nehrim folder. This is a location on your hard
drive selectable by you

So I should install the game where the installer wants? but that is in program files, some AI folder,,,

edit : I have windows XP

Well you should install and patch oblivion first, then install nehrim just like any other game. You probably didn't install everything nehrim requies...

bloodlover

Arcane
Well I can't see the esp files when I look at the data files from the data launcher, and also NehrimLauncher gives me an error when I try to launch it.

Games is installed and I have the latest patch applied. Man this sux O.o

roll-a-die

Magister
No, texture's MAYBE. But other mods, no.

Also how the FUCK do I beat the black troll. I've got him to the torch room. But they don't seem to be killing him.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Eh, I just ran in there and put the torches to their slots. He caught fire instantly and died soon after.

Guess I need to find a skinning knife or something, I'm just messing about the abbey and managed to steal a skinning skill book and learnt it, but no skins on animal corpses.

Antihero

Liturgist
roll-a-die said:
No, texture's MAYBE. But other mods, no.

Also how the FUCK do I beat the black troll. I've got him to the torch room. But they don't seem to be killing him.
Go up to each of the four torch holders and press spacebar to automatically place a torch from your inventory into it. Worked for me.

roll-a-die

Magister
Put the torches in, he just stands still, catches fire, and doesn't do anything after that. After about 30 seconds I walked over to hit him, hit him he then starts chasing me around the room.

Antihero

Liturgist
Sounds like it may be bugged for you then. If you put all the torches in then it should just work right away. The troll also catches fire if you're holding a torch and go near it, but only dies once they're all in the holders. Perhaps you need to kite him near the centre of the room?

Here's a walkthrough in German if you want, but I don't know what else to say if you did place all four torches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XSKFiqE7Ho

roll-a-die

Magister
Mine doesn't happen like that, I can place all 4 torches without the troll even noticing. And he doesn't light on fire when all four are placed.

bhlaab

Erudite
Just got out of the mine. So far it's just really boring and restrictive.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
I just got out of the mine playing the English version and I took the boat to town. First quest that comes up gives me some choices and consequences.

The English version has a lot of bug fixes, and runs perfect on my computer now. I can't believe this is just a mod. This game puts most retail products to shame.

I loved the book that you can read next to the two shovels at the beginning quest for the guard at the gate. The writing is very good.

There is absolutely nothing going on in PC gaming besides Amnesia. There is no reason everyone on the site should not be playing this game now.

bloodlover

Arcane
Well I managed to install the english version in the end. You just need to install the game in a separate folder from Oblivion and you must install the latest NET Framework if you have winXP, otherwise the NeherimLauncher will crash.

So far the game is nice, only had first crash after two hours of gameplay. Voices are not in english and that sux, but I can listen to some music while I play so no big deal. I also found a document not translated in english. It is titled Verwitterte Notiz and says : Nachdem sich die Augritte durch Magier aut diese mine immer mehr auhauten, haben wir diese Tranke aus Erothin erhalten.

Was auch immer sie genau bewirken, sie sind tur den Notfall bestimmt, und auch dann mit Bedacht ein zusetzen. Nein, sie sind nicht rauschwirken

Lvl 3, I found a cool bow and I will make a marksman/theif :) Hope this game will turn out to be good.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So far, I got out of the first mine, did the mine quests, went to the abby, then to the tower and finished the pilgrimage. For now I'll rate it slightly above Oblivion. The writing is a little better, but not much of anything has happened yet.

Had to turn voices off though. Reading subtitles in one foreign language while another foreign language is spoken is a bit confusing.

I'm not sure wether or not it's a bug, but it seems some skills (speechcraft, merchantile, restoration, sneak) level with use and others (armor, blade, alchemy) only when talking to a trainer.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ulminati said:
So far, I got out of the first mine, did the mine quests, went to the abby, then to the tower and finished the pilgrimage. For now I'll rate it slightly above Oblivion. The writing is a little better, but not much of anything has happened yet.

Had to turn voices off though. Reading subtitles in one foreign language while another foreign language is spoken is a bit confusing.

I'm not sure wether or not it's a bug, but it seems some skills (speechcraft, merchantile, restoration, sneak) level with use and others (armor, blade, alchemy) only when talking to a trainer.

They all level with use, only much slower than they did in Oblivion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom