Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's codex's opinion on PS3's Demon's Souls?

Is Demon's Souls

• Brilliant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Average

• Sucks

• The Suck

• Total voters

Secretninja

Cipher
Your logic is not affected by butthurt and is therefore invalid in the codex.

Achilles

Arcane
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Exactly, console games with shitty PC ports don't count as console games. Unless it suits us to say they are, I mean.

See, POOPOO gets it, I don't know why the rest of you find it so hard to understand.

Luan

Educated
Best game for the PS3, and probably best game I've played in the past decade.

You will always get people saying how certain difficult games aren't hard. I mean, it's all relative. You'll find people saying Ikaruga or Ninja Gaiden isn't hard because they've learned how to play. That's one thing that Demon's Souls does very well, teach you how to play it by forcing you to improve to progress, and it's wonderful.

And bottom line, Demon's Souls IS a hard game since you are forced to fight players, unless you are a vagina and avoid online. Nothing is a more challenging opponent than another player geared and experienced in the art of killing you. And this game's PVP is straight awesome. I mean, one of the bosses is indeed another player.

The controls and camera would fit better with a mouse + keyboard, but if you bump up sensitivity to max, it works quite well. Also, as others have said, it's about the experience. Sure you can cheese your way past certain bosses with ranged but, what's the fun in that? Demon's Souls is a lot about your own journey and discovery. I also agree with the fat sea cow that the atmosphere in world 3 and 5 are amazing. 5-2 is my favorite with 3-1/3-2 a close second.

If you have a PS3, obviously you aren't averse to console games, and you should definitely owe it to yourself to get Demon's Souls. I think it's on sale now or something anyhow.

Felix

Arcane
The fact they ported that QTE-fest Ninja Blade to PC and not this baffle me.

halasterbc

Novice
Luan said:

You will always get people saying how certain difficult games aren't hard. I mean, it's all relative. You'll find people saying Ikaruga or Ninja Gaiden isn't hard because they've learned how to play. That's one thing that Demon's Souls does very well, teach you how to play it by forcing you to improve to progress, and it's wonderful.

And bottom line, Demon's Souls IS a hard game since you are forced to fight players, unless you are a vagina and avoid online. Nothing is a more challenging opponent than another player geared and experienced in the art of killing you. And this game's PVP is straight awesome. I mean, one of the bosses is indeed another player.

The controls and camera would fit better with a mouse + keyboard, but if you bump up sensitivity to max, it works quite well. Also, as others have said, it's about the experience. Sure you can cheese your way past certain bosses with ranged but, what's the fun in that? Demon's Souls is a lot about your own journey and discovery. I also agree with the fat sea cow that the atmosphere in world 3 and 5 are amazing. 5-2 is my favorite with 3-1/3-2 a close second.

If you have a PS3, obviously you aren't averse to console games, and you should definitely owe it to yourself to get Demon's Souls. I think it's on sale now or something anyhow.

That concludes everything i wanted to know about the game. Thanks a lot everyone.
I'm not averse to any platform. In fact i really like the convenience gaming consoles offer. The problem is the game library really. I deeply regret buying some ps3 games and i'm not doing the same mistake again. I would just rent the game, but the nearest renter is far from where i live. Too bad pc rpg isn't that good these days either...

Secretninja

Cipher
halasterbc said:
Luan said:

That concludes everything i wanted to know about the game. Thanks a lot everyone.
I'm not averse to any platform. In fact i really like the convenience gaming consoles offer. The problem is the game library really. I deeply regret buying some ps3 games and i'm not doing the same mistake again. I would just rent the game, but the nearest renter is far from where i live. Too bad pc rpg isn't that good these days either...
2/10

halasterbc

Novice
Radisshu said:
Jaesun said:
Radisshu said:
Alexandros said:
An official opinion thread... for a console game. Gentlemen, we've hit rock bottom. ITZ is obviously minutes away.

WTF? You like AP, you fucking hypocrite.

Demon's Soul has no PC version honey.

Yes, but AP plays exactly like a console game ported to the PC, so it loses any PC prestige it could've had.

What's AP?

KalosKagathos

Learned
Alexandros said:
Hang in there guys, Age of Decadence is just around the corner.
And won't be anything special, if the combat demo is anything to go by. Maybe C&C will be well-executed, but I doubt it will top Sengoku Rance in that area.

Xi

Arcane
It's not bad for a single play through. You'll probably be tempted to mess around with different character builds, and it's quite possible to miss things. Once you beat the game, it starts over on a harder difficulty. You can do this forever. In the end, everyone is 100% the same character(Max level is in the 700s).

The boss fights can be difficult depending on your character build. You won't just be button mashing. Also, pretty epic in some regards.

I think I played until about level 120 and got most of the way through the second difficulty. It's just more of the same at that point. Still, it's an interesting diversion. I liked it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom