Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turd Vegas: Dialogue

Dragula

Augur
ARE THERE ANY SPECIAL DIALOGUE FOR LOW INTELLIGENCE CHARACTERS?

How is the overall writing?
Is there any contradictions to earlier canon?
How is the lore?
Is it retarded?

Dragula

Augur
thread_incliner.png

[Intelligence] So you're saying all dialogue is for low intelligence characters?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh Skyway's back from pulling an all nighter with NV. Better button down the hatches as this 133t individual will now launch a witty and insightful diatribe on how NV sucks...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
MetalCraze said:
Dragula said:
thread_incliner.png

[Intelligence] So you're saying all dialogue is for low intelligence characters?

He's saying that all dialogue is for low intelligence players

Thanks Cpt. Obvious. Used a perception check there, did ya?

I think he constantly needs to remind himself how him liking a lot fewer games than everyone else makes him a smarter player. Because it's video games that are an absolute standard for testing person's intelligence.

Dragula

Augur
MetalCraze said:
Dragula said:
thread_incliner.png

He's saying that all dialogue is for low intelligence players
[Intelligence] So you are fighting the good fight by hating computer games?

obediah

Erudite
Multidirectional said:
I think he constantly needs to remind himself how him liking a lot fewer games than everyone else makes him a smarter player. Because it's video games that are an absolute standard for testing person's intelligence.

Did you ever see that war movie where one small army (skyway) is holding the top of the hill and the other, larger army (you) decides to charge up the front of the hill rather than sneak up the back or any other reasonable strategy? Well, your idiocy just got all those guys we spent the entire movie getting to know killed.

If you want to attack skyway, you need to come up with something better than "Skyway thinks games are made for dumber people than they used to be made for." Anything would be more effective. Anything.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was somewhat entertained to have my high int character give latin one-liners to a legion centurion i was supposed to interrogate. Other than that I don't remember any intelligence conversation options, good or bad.

Silellak

Cipher
obediah said:
Multidirectional said:

Did you ever see that war movie where one small army (skyway) is holding the top of the hill and the other, larger army (you) decides to charge up the front of the hill rather than sneak up the back or any other reasonable strategy? Well, your idiocy just got all those guys we spent the entire movie getting to know killed.

If you want to attack skyway, you need to come up with something better than "Skyway thinks games are made for dumber people than they used to be made for." Anything would be more effective. Anything.
People still bother to argue with skyway about games he hasn't even played? How quaint.

nFn

Educated
Clockwork Knight said:
Skyway is just explaining racofer's joke, people

there is a time and place for everything, even fighting the good fight

Keep Fighting Bro :salute:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Since no one else is answering the question, I've read that NV doesn't have dumb dialog.

Dragula

Augur
Or I could play Fallout 2. Which features witty and fun dialogue for stupid characters.

Xor said:
Since no one else is answering the question, I've read that NV doesn't have dumb dialog.
Poopy Obsidian.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Dragula said:
Or I could play Fallout 2. Which features witty and fun dialogue for stupid characters.

Xor said:
Poopy Obsidian.
The mod tools have specifically coded support for it though. Mods will fix it, as always.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Dragula said:
Arcanum.qrcyj.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom