Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Valve killed Arcanum sequel!?

Oligarch

Educated
What the fuck!!??

In September 2006, one of Arcanum's lead programmers and co-founder of Troika, Leonard Boyarsky, divulged that the studio had originally commenced work on a sequel, going by the working title of Journey to the Centre of Arcanum, which would use Valve's Source Engine. Development was curtailed by disputes between Sierra and Valve, resulting ultimately in the project being shelved.

valve-gabe-newell.jpg

gabechuckle_01.jpg

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And nothing of value was lost.

Still I wonder why they even started working on it. Wasnt Arcanum a flop that destroyed Troika?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Malakal said:

Still I wonder why they even started working on it. Wasnt Arcanum a flop that destroyed Troika?

Please shut the fuck up, you are giving us newfags a bad name.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I thought that the flop that destroyed troika was Bloodlines.

:x

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Malakal said:

You're a flop that destroys codex

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Allright I rechecked and Arcanum was Troikas most succesful game at 234.000 copies sold. I dislike it anyway but am no longer suprised they wanted to make a sequel.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
SCO said:
I thought that the flop that destroyed troika was Bloodlines.

:x

Troika was already bankrupt when Bloodlines came out. They did the patch without getting paid.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Arcanum's lack of success killed Arcanum 2. It's funny how people go on, and on about Troika's 'originlaity' yet they actually wanted to make sequels to all 3 of theirn games, they made a D&d game (a repeat one at that), a copycat Vampire game, and a semi original fantasy game.

R00fles!

Tails

Arbiter
Xor said:
Troika was already bankrupt when Bloodlines came out. They did the patch without getting paid.
True patriots :salute: they were working on a unnamed Post-Apocalyptic game on HF2 engine, but gave up with it after having problems finding a publisher.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I would kill for a Bloodlines sequel. But maybe not bloodlines. Werewolf? Wraith?

Shit would be so cash.

Fucking peasants
buying shit like HL

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I didn't really like Arcanum and I hate the Source engine.

But goddamn, I'd kill to play a 'journey to the centre of steampunk earth'.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
SCO said:
I would kill for a Bloodlines sequel. But maybe not bloodlines. Werewolf? Wraith?

Shit would be so cash.

Fucking peasants
buying shit like HL

I would kill for a well done Mage the Ascension cRPG.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Xor said:
would be rather hard to do as anything that isn't interactive fiction, considering how unrestricted magic in mage is.
Malakal said:

didn't mommy and daddy love you enough? want a hug?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Xor said:
SCO said:

Shit would be so cash.

Fucking peasants
buying shit like HL

This. Bloodlines sequel I would gladly buy.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Troika has paid for making a LARP simulator.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom