Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This always make me epically weep.

Oligarch

Educated
1388264-myth_ii_box__large__large.jpg
----------->
HaloBox.jpg

I think this is the biggest degeneration of game dev company in the world ever.

Halo is NOT A POPAMOLE!
HALO IS A GREAT GAME
TAKE THAT BACK !!

Check out the Halo Reach graphics, no bloom, no HDR!!

The devs said HALO REACH is their last HALO game, their next project will blow everything away gaming has seen.

Tails

Arbiter
The question is how many of Myth I-II developers are still in Bungie? For example in Arkane Studios the last developer, who worked on Arx Fatalis left soon after finishing GoG (non)exclusive patch.

Oesophagus

Arcane
The devs said HALO REACH is their last HALO game, their next project will blow everything away gaming has seen.

Well if they said so it must be true, can't wait!

lisac2k

Liturgist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Tails said:
The question is how many of Myth I-II developers are still in Bungie? For example in Arkane Studios the last developer, who worked on Arx Fatalis left soon after finishing GoG (non)exclusive patch.
This.

It seems there is an interesting story about the offshot companies established by some former Bungie members. My personal impression about the whole story is that the company went through a lot of business hurricanes. Objectively, this affects any potentional development process, overall strategy and decisions as well as, in general, all the aspects of the company's everyday work. The consequences of this are certainly reflected in their titles released in the 21st century.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I liked the original Halo... PC port and all... Halo 2 was Trashy McTrasherson. I played Halo 3 briefly at someone else's house and it looked like a constant nuclear explosion was going off in the sky there was so much fucking "HDR."

Phelot

Arcane
I summon thee thread, back from the dead!

lisac2k said:
Tails said:
This.

It seems there is an interesting story about the offshot companies established by some former Bungie members. My personal impression about the whole story is that the company went through a lot of business hurricanes. Objectively, this affects any potentional development process, overall strategy and decisions as well as, in general, all the aspects of the company's everyday work. The consequences of this are certainly reflected in their titles released in the 21st century.

Yeah, basically everyone that worked on Marathon and Myth left around when Microsoft acquired Bungie, some before and some after the release of Halo. Mark Bernal, Alex Seropian (The other founder of Bungie. He went on to make fucking Mac and Flash games. FFS!!!) Greg Kirkpatrick (the designer of the whole Marathon story for the most part)

Don't know what happened to Jason Jones other then the fact that he was probably tired of being poor. He was quoted in an old interview about how he disliked sequels even though they've made one for most of their games. :roll: Still, a pretty cool guy. I'd be curious to see what their next game will be even though I haven't bought one of their titles since Myth 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom