Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Fucking Kurwa Awesome.

Tails

Arbiter
Anyone fancy PC looking like old Commodore/Amiga?
910021.jpg

Avaible from Commodore-USA from $475 up to $1,295... PC64 and Amiga "remakes" are going be made also. Honestly, I don't know what to thing about this whole business, probably will fail in the end, but it looks somewhat *interesting* visually. Of course it runs only Windows/Linux other x86 operating systems, forget about AmigaOS 4.x or PPC systems.

zeitgeist

Magister

The black version doesn't look that horrible, but it really could do without that touchpad.

Tails

Arbiter
Yeah, I was thinking the same about touchpad. Other issue is the Windows key, like they couldn't make C= one for better overall effect. From what I read, Amiga communities find those products as disgraces and not real Commodore/Amigas. Can't really blame them, this hardware is way overpriced for the guts it has.

Luzur

Good Sir
Commodore USA is making a keyboard computer that will look like the classic breadbox C64, according to the website.

Luzur

Good Sir
grabbed me a couple of Amiga games today:

2wpujnm.jpg

29ktab6.jpg

and on a sidenote, maybe not exactly Commodore related, but i managed to scrounge up two very nice retro computer programs.

23hkh6o.jpg

vxywk4.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir
also got Horace goes Skiing and Aufwiedersehen Monty today, in the mail.

feels like its going to be a good week.

lisac2k

Liturgist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Luzur said:
Aufwiedersehen Monty
Wasted so much time on that one back in the times of Reagan and Gorbatschow...

Luzur said:
Horace goes Skiing
Never knew that was the real name, I thought it was something like "Skiing" or "Ski-something". Good one, too, but I prefer Monty.

Luzur

Good Sir
a new Doom port has been announced.

for VIC-20.

firstscreen.png

The first person view is 32x64 pixels.
Frame rate is about 3FPS right now... hopefully I'll be able to bump that up a bit, although I doubt I'll be able to get more than 5.
I'm aiming for 20 or so maps, loaded from disk. I'll release the map editor at the same time as the game.
Code is a mixture of C and assembly - just like the original game!

Luzur said:
a new Doom port has been announced.

for VIC-20.

firstscreen.png

The first person view is 32x64 pixels.
Frame rate is about 3FPS right now... hopefully I'll be able to bump that up a bit, although I doubt I'll be able to get more than 5.
I'm aiming for 20 or so maps, loaded from disk. I'll release the map editor at the same time as the game.
Code is a mixture of C and assembly - just like the original game!

Good grief....

The brilliance of these coders is unbelievable.

And nice game finds there. Very nice indeed. I enjoyed Knightmare quite a bit, and the Monty and Horace games as well.

Luzur

Good Sir
got a list of 2010 C64 games.

its in swedish but got pics and links so...

http://commodore64.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4547

also, Brian Bagnall's new book "Commodore: a company on the edge" has been released.

http://www.variantpress.com/

Brian Bagnall’s new book, Commodore: a Company on the Edge, is available. This first book ends in 1984 when Jack Tramiel leaves the company, and the next book will focus on the Amiga years and CBM’s demise. New interviews with Brian Dougherty – GEOS developer, John Feagans – PET developer, Andy Finkel – Commodore game developer, Bill Gardei – C65 systems engineer, Neil Harris – Commodore game developer/marketing, Manfred Kapp – Commodore cofounder, Dale Luck – Amiga developer, Bill Mensch – 6502 and 65816 designer, Dick Sanford – Chief Financial Officer of Commodore, Bill Seiler – PET, VIC-20 systems engineer/surfer, Kit Spencer – Commodore’s marketing guru, Yash Terakura – Commodore Japan engineer, Michael Tomczyk – VIC product manager/marketing. Plus additional fact-checking interviews with Chuck Peddle, Bil Herd and Bob Yannes.

piydek

Cipher
FUUUCK, Suchy, where did you get that? The magazine on that table on which it says "Moj mikro" is an old Yugoslavian magazine about computers that mainly dealt with C64, ZX Spectrum, programming in basic and similar stuff. My uncle has had a huge pile of those magazines back in 1986 and later when i drooled over the little pictures at the end of the magazine with occasional Amiga game review in it. Good old days, so cool.

EDIT:

Hell, the stick-note on the monitor says "ne igraj se poslije 12 sati!", which means "don't play games after midnight!" in Croatian. And the clock says it's 23 minutes past midnight. Now that's some serious nerd-rebellion. :lol:

Suchy

Arcane
piydek said:
FUUUCK, Suchy, where did you get that? The magazine on that table on which it says "Moj mikro" is an old Yugoslavian magazine about computers that mainly dealt with C64, ZX Spectrum, programming in basic and similar stuff. My uncle has had a huge pile of those magazines back in 1986 and later when i drooled over the little pictures at the end of the magazine with occasional Amiga game review in it. Good old days, so cool.

EDIT:

Hell, the stick-note on the monitor says "ne igraj se poslije 12 sati!", which means "don't play games after midnight!" in Croatian. And the clock says it's 23 minutes past midnight. Now that's some serious nerd-rebellion. :lol:
I found it on Reddit.
Following the link in the pic, you end up here: http://interstation3d.com/portfolio.html

Chateaubryan

Cipher
And I thought I would never cry anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom