Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fuck Bioware fans

Rhalle

Magister
R00fles!

There are too many clones of the same shitty first-person cinematic shooter causing consumer confusion when it comes time to purchase Bioware 'RPG' game retread 2010? Does he mean that?

Must be.

Radisshu said:
DAMN that game has shitty facial animations. I always thought the faces looked pretty good on screenshots, but the animations just fuck that over completely.

dunno, I liked Joker's reaction to EDI's joke, and this one too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aTumI0ijrM

Sheps is the one with the shittiest expressions (which I think is on purpose since his/her face is customizable, and EXTREME expressions could make Custom!Sheps look weird.

Miranda too because her face is based on a real actress, so we got the perma-smile

CrimHead

Scholar
Mass Turd

SoupNazi said:

Too many games on the market, huh.

Listen to this faggot.

Consider this. All of the following games have the same plot, characters, and dull ass filler shit combat, and they're all made by Bioware.

Kotor 1, Kotor 2 (basically a Bioware game; eat a dick, fanboys), Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, Jade Empire, Dragon Age

Execute this fuck

CrimHead

Scholar
Now don't get me wrong when I say KOTOR 2 is a shit game because I like Avellone and he's a p. cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything and if PST were a person I would gladly suck its dick. But this game is objectively shit, and I know what's objective and what's subjective because I have a highschool education which has shit all to do with what I'm typing but humor me for a second. You are a faggot if you like this game, and that's all there is to it. There's no getting around it, and I don't mean like "haha you're a faggot" like faggot is some sort of all encompassing derogatory term I mean no you actually, physically like sucking man penis. This is what you do with your free time. You suck penis. This is your main hobby. If you could, you would suck dicks for a living, this is how much you like penis. Having Avellone work on a Star Wars game is like having Bobby Flay try to make a good meal out of piss and shit. Am I making myself clear here or what.

ivan.jpg

StrangeCase

Educated
Didn't ME2 have a secretary or something that wouldn't sleep with you? I seem to remember her telling FemShep that she'd tongue-fuck her any old time she wanted, then spent the rest of the game feeding my fish. Unless that's a weird sexual metaphor for Bioware, which actually wouldn't surprise me that much.

Drakron

Arcane
Yes, Kelly ...

She is not a proper romance as that only triggers end game by a Email, also you can be faithful to your ME1 romance and do Kelly as it will not trigger the "face down picture" event and since Kidnappings there is no Relay Sexoringg and will just play the "look at the picture", Liara also fails to mention her and will react as nothing change.

But it seems the game does track how many times Kelly makes "Cabin visits" ... likely for data mining purposes.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
StrangeCase said:
Didn't ME2 have a secretary or something that wouldn't sleep with you? I seem to remember her telling FemShep that she'd tongue-fuck her any old time she wanted, then spent the rest of the game feeding my fish. Unless that's a weird sexual metaphor for Bioware, which actually wouldn't surprise me that much.
Um, hello? FemShep, fish, "feeding" the fish... come on, it was pretty obvious.

Besides you can invite her to dinner rather early on, at which point the next day she complains of having stayed up so late and "all the fun we had"... I'm not sure this even qualifies as a metaphor :smug:

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Bioware fans are the Twilight fans of the video game world. They're seriously the worst kind of nerd.

Ahaha, they are now expressing their concerns about DA2 in this thread For example, biofags are worried about such things as:

* "I'm worried about no toolset ... to help redesign ugly npc, to add more cute hair styles, and all that fancy stuff toolset offers and make the game really enjoyable"

* "Character interaction and interparty interaction, from banters to interjections to the depth of character dialogues, relationships between companions and personal relationships with companions, especially where it concerns same-sex romances (if any this time around, which is a big worry for me). "

* "No s/s romance." (hilariously big number of posters agreed that their main concern is exatly this)

* "I'm worried about Hawke's (Male and Female) voice acting"

* "Can I make a rogue single target tank, or a melee focussed mage"

* "My one issue would be companion outfits."

* "lets see hmm how well we can customise our hawke and first i was happy with origins customization but took a good while to customize so yeah will it be a touch easier this time around."

* "I'm worried that DA II won't have that same dark fantasy feel like DA:O. The haunting music and memorable characters got me immersed into that dark fantasy feel that DA:O had."

etc, etc.

:decline: :thumbsup: :M

Morkar Left

I hope they are aware of that they have to deal with their new fanbase for the rest of their business career :)

lisac2k

Liturgist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Morkar said:
I hope they are aware of that they have to deal with their new fanbase for the rest of their business career :)
Usually, it's rather easy to deal with. The more you neglect them, the more they are desparate for your creative work.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Nice to cherry pick the lamest of the lame. Imagine if people were to do that with the Codex. L0L

Shall I continue to bring you their concerns, so you won't need to delve into this cesspool? There are hidden gems there, indeed:
* "Customizability.

My three current D&D characters are: 1. A drow sorceress vigilante who was raised by a dwarf; 2. The above character's adoptive mother, a dwarven general and cougar who took up adventuring when she realized how much her daughter's group had impacted the city in ways that an army can't; 3. A human zen archer huntress who begins the story bringing in game for her father's inn.

So to put it in more detail, you've got a curvy, dark-skinned, white-haired, red-eyed exotic creature in a pretty dress; a toned, short, tough and sturdy broad swimming in metal and thick braids; and finally, a lithe and leggy lean-muscled tall girl. [long rant about LARPING] <...> Other than that, I'm really not worried. "

* "Having s/s romances added a layer of realism and complexity to the game and was a refreshing change of pace from the standard stuff.

Please, include them in DA2. That is all, thanks."

* "ugly companions. isabela and aveline look wierd and not being able to romance hawke's sister" (which one of you guys posted it, eh?)

* "I hated how everything was opposite spectrum when it came to the romance.
Alistair= Virgin who played with dolls.
Zevran= Masochist.
Leliana= Hopeless Romantic
Morrigan= "Friend" with "Benefits"
As a bisexual woman all I have to say I better not be given an opposite spectrum again and not have that 3rd option to choose from or someone's head will roll. "

* "lack luster love scenes, and grandma boobs on de-clothed females"

* "Right now my main concern is that characters may loose something when passed from the concept to the ingame model, for example: Aveline's muscles."

* "I'm concerned about the emotional depth of relationships with my companions, especially those that are romanceable. I want to feel giddy when things are great, and be like WTF when my partner decides to do something like end the relationship (exactly how I was when Alistair broke up with my elf)."

* "No talents/abilities for just using a single wield longsword."

To be fair, some are expressing less retarded concerns, such as:

* "I worry that combat is going to feel like a shallow beat 'em up, succeeding at neither the tactical combat DA:O promised, nor the in-depth combat (with combos and intricate play) that a proper slash-em-up demands to hold the player's attention. I worry that, in moving away from a tried and true style of gameplay that Bioware has nailed time and time again in favor of a style they've never really properly pulled off (JE inclusive), there just wasn't enough time to do it justice."

* " PC UI- I would like to feel like I am playing a PC game, when I am um…playing a PC game? Back again to Me2 I think it was really bad even compared to me1 which was ported by another company yes? I want many options, I want many hotkeys available, and I want mouse wheel and options to tailor them to my liking if at all possible. The wheel also intrudes on a clean PC like interface. It takes up a lot of room and obstructs the view at times."

* "Horrible class system... reduction to chliches and no freedom in choosing weapons. It ain't getting worse than that what was announced."

* "I'd say my biggest worry right now, aside from the new art direction and dumbing-down of RPG mechanics, is the city of Kirkwall. Denerim was an absolutely terrible capital city... it was completely sterile and ugly and worthless, and little more than one market district with a few shops. It served its purpose in the ending, but I want a real city. I want to be able to explore around and talk to random people and overhear ambient conversations and see people walk around.
"

...but they are not as fun to read.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Stainless Veteran said:
My three current D&D characters are: 1. A drow sorceress vigilante who was raised by a dwarf; 2. The above character's adoptive mother, a dwarven general and cougar who took up adventuring when she realized how much her daughter's group had impacted the city in ways that an army can't; 3. A human zen archer huntress who begins the story bringing in game for her father's inn.

So to put it in more detail, you've got a curvy, dark-skinned, white-haired, red-eyed exotic creature in a pretty dress; a toned, short, tough and sturdy broad swimming in metal and thick braids; and finally, a lithe and leggy lean-muscled tall girl. [long rant about LARPING] <...> Other than that, I'm really not worried. "

that's some pretty pathetic Larping you got there

I'm not really surprised that their main concerns are with romances. I mean, you would be worried if your only sexual partner wouldn't come over for like, a year :smug:

herostratus said:
Stainless Veteran said:
Shall I continue to bring you their concerns, so you won't need to delve into this cesspool?
Yes, please.
OK. So, without further ado:

* "I'm a little bit worried about companion depth. In Mass Effect 2, there was no point in conversing with you squad unless you were planning on a romance. And even if you had a romance, there was basically only one option to start a romance with them. And after that, there was mostly only one option to keep it going when you talked to them after a mission. I liked how in Dragon age Origins there were always multiple responses that you could select, and they would affect the relationship later on. Choices like those may slow down or speed up the romance, but I prefer it when there is that type of choice when interacting with your party."

* "It was also nice to see that same sex couples were considered normal and accepted and I would very much like to see this acceptance again in DAII."

* "I'm worried that Varric won't be a love interest."

* "<...>  I literally feel I could just take the hairpiece from Aveline and switch it with the enemy and it would not matter to me. <...>
 It feels that at any moment, Aveline's hairstyle model is just gonna float away because it does not feel "attached." 
But, I have great confidence in where this story is goint to take us.  And that is why, despite my concern, DA2 is still a day-one purchase."

* "If I'm playing a mage who will be wearing only robes and a using a staff that means thaty pretty much almost everything I find in the game will be useless for anything other than selling. That just sucks as far as the fun factor goes. Finding nice treasures for yourself and your party is one of the fun things about party based role playing games. That is mostly out the window in DA2."

* " I hope that we will get the ME2 approach, were our character appearance has a corresponding code, or numbers/descriptions over the slider. Would make it a lot easier to find the eye color you want ;)"

* " The gameplay.I just hope it's more fun this time around. I had a very hard time enjoying DA:O's due to the imbalance, exploitation, and other nasty bits.

Bear in mind I am NOT worried about it 'being dumbed down from DA:O' or that it's 'being catered towards action fans'. In fact I'm excited about the direction thus far."

* "That party members' abilities won't be customized and you'll be stuck taking only select characters while leaving others useless. 

For instance, if you didn't have a sword/shield tank you were forced to take Alistair, DA:O was so magic heavy that you HAD to take Wynne and Morrigan, and Leliana was the only rogue that opened chests without becoming gimped in stats or abilities."

* "I'm worried about the length of the story. The quality I'm not worried about, I trust that the writing team has cooked up something great. It's just that from what I've heard, the story is going to be shorter than Origins, and to be honest I'm slightly disappointed.
Hopefully the quality and depth of the storyline will be even better than Origins if it is indeed going to be shorter."

* "Off the top of my head? Nothing. I have complete faith in Bioware to produce one hell of an awesome game. 

Oh wait there is something! How hard have the staff been working on this because it just seemed like the other day we got Dragon Age Origins. They could use a rest "

* "voiced protagonist thing makes me wonder about less DLC."

* "I'm worried that DA2 will be like any other game out there. I'm worried it'll be generic and interchangeable.
<...>
My runner up was that I'm actually worried DA2 won't have same sex romances. It would be such a step back."

* "The visuals, the inventory, and the combat mechanics all look great to me. Companion interactivity, and more accutely, how that will relate to the storyline and and conversations, is the only place I find myself lacking in confidence with DA2. "

* "I'll agree with a few others before me and say that I'm concerned with a lack of same-sex romances, and not even for fear that I might not be able to indulge my lesbian fantasies...I want an M/M option(s)!

Being a heterosexual female, in RPGs I only ever play as a female...partly because I like carrying my gender into the game, but mostly because I like taking advantage of the male Bioware romance options as I feel it enhances my investment in the game.  

DA:O's Zevran allowed me to do just that, while also experimenting with a male PC.  I really enjoyed it, and liked that I wasn't forced into a certain sexual preference (romancing a lady).  I was actually looking forward to playing ME2 with Thane as an M/M option, but alas...  I hope I (and the LGTB game-playing community) don't get the same disappointment in DA2! "

* "Echoing everyone else about same-sex romances. I'm very nervous that they'll be taken out. I mean, they were in the first game, but... Bioware took out same-sex romance options in ME2.

I would be kind of angry and disappointed if they were not present in DA2. That's my concern. I'm 100% on board with everything else."

* "My concern... hmmmmmm.... that.... but bioware already said no. so my only concern is that there will not be enough slapstick humor "

* "In Origins, I could keep Morrigan in her robes, or put her in some different mage robes, perhaps Chasind.  That was a choice I could make.  Perhaps you may say that Morrigan would never wear anything but her own clothes, and I might agree.  So a solution would be to limit companion outfits, which is not a bad choice.  Where my concern comes in, is in the different looks of the companions.  For example, so far I have seen two outfits for Bethany, and they both look great.  I love how they aren't re-skins of eachother, but are two unique outfits.  This is great, but I don't want only two.  Ideally, at least 5 or 6 unique outfits for each companion would be grand, but I know this is not likely, and that saddens me.  What saddens me more is the possibility of only having one or two different looks for some companions.  Having different visual customization for the NPC's makes a game more re-playable.  Since NPC's seem to have a "thing" in combat they do well, and no options to really break out of their mold, (Which makes perfect sense to me) we should still be able to customize their appearence.   Having the NPC's be so static with no options to influence their choices and have that represented visually, seems like it will give re-plays less flare. "

So, there you have it. Funny thing is that even biotards are voicing some concerns, such as length of the game, dumbed down mechanics, retardation of the dialog wheel, lack of tools for modders (though this particular concern is mostly about modded sex scenes, I think), linear gameplay, etc.

But most are only concerned about lack of gay elf-dwarf-qunari-whatever butsecks and other such intelligent and RPG-like points.

Browsed 16 pages just for you, Codex, and now I feel like a :retarded: myself.

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
There is another good thread there: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/5334041

I have worn armor myself, plate,chain & ridged leather, & have fought unarmored.

If this is the case then maybe they should take all the magic out the game? Make it one hit one kill? Have only human characters? Can only run for a short amount of time and then stop for a few minutes to catch your breath? Take a piss 6-10 times a day and a dump 1-3 times a day? Stop to eat every 3-5 hours? make it almost impossible to run or see what you are doing when wearing heavy armor? Make it so you feel the cold and heat which in turn make you die of hypothermia or heat exhaustion?

And the best:

It makes no difference what my tastes are!

Elves could exist in real life

Dwarves could exist in real life

According to Clark's Third Law magic could exist in real life

:thumbsup:

Oesophagus

Arcane
bioware cocksucking fanboy said:
* "Off the top of my head? Nothing. I have complete faith in Bioware to produce one hell of an awesome game.

Oh wait there is something! How hard have the staff been working on this because it just seemed like the other day we got Dragon Age Origins. They could use a rest "

I think we have a winner
:love:

Stainless Veteran said:
Browsed 16 pages just for you, Codex, and now I feel like a Wast re-ta-dred maen? myself.
:salute:

Is it just me or do all of those comments look like they were written by confused teenage girls?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom