Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Consoles are so outdated

Oligarch

Educated
Grand Turismo 5 in reality:

aaakmaadn.jpg

1080p_GT5.jpg.jpg

Dodgy_Alpha1.jpg.jpg

101125112452175906.jpg

and now how consoletards can call Fallout 2 ugly and outdated????? :x

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Blurred textures and lack of anti-aliasing betray its console origins. Would have looked three times as good had they made it for PC.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The guy with his lower midsection cut off in #2 looks p. lulzy.

Otherwise, what LS said. #4 in particular looks awful.

Black

Arcane
But it's just in the beta!
But there will be patches!
But modders will fix it!
But it's only a piece of shit!

MetalCraze

Arcane
Well in any case PS3 hardware is a weakling losing even to XBawks360.

So let's see what the other camp has to offer:

167o5yw.jpg

not1j7.jpg

2q1rshw.jpg

And unlike Gran Turdismo it's actually a good game. And you can crash and if your car is seriously fuck up man - then it's game over.

MapMan

Arcane
I havn't played dirt 2 but from what I can see it's on GRID engine which is very good. I suppose I should try it then.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yeah it's GRID engine, except prettier (none of that bloom anymore)

It still has semi-realistic car behaviour, physics and car damage.
When it comes to racing games semi-sims-semi-arcades is what I like. Another thing I like is that AI can do mistakes too in contrast to your generic racing games where AI just rides on rails.

I especially enjoy the "trailblazer" rally game mode with its crazy speeds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwy44j76dko

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
MetalCraze said:
So let's see what the other camp has to offer:

Why is there a haze over everything? WHY? I'm starting to think developers actually use bloom to cover up shitty textures.

Xi

Arcane
I'm curious what the next consoles will have hardware wise at this point. Seems like all they really need is more RAM and a better video card and they could do a lot more with the games.

I don't get it, back in the day when Gran Tourismo came out relatively routinely each release still managed to have a pretty big jump in visual quality. They weren't 'I can't tell the difference between my TV and my window' level, but for the time they were nice.

I can remember the wait for this game before the current gen consoles even came out. WTF happened? They had more space and resources to work on a GT than ever before, and this is what they come up with?

Edit: There's shit in these screenshots for the backgrounds that would embarrass folks from the tail end of the PSX days, and for once that's not even a exaggeration.

baronjohn

Cipher
Well most console gamers are trailer trash that can't afford a big TV, so it's a waste making quality textures :smug:

Consoles actually have Anti-Aliasing.

Sit 2 meters away from your TV/monitor = 2 x AA
Sit 4 meters away from your TV/monitor = 4 x AA
Sit 8 meters away from your TV/Monitor = 8 x AA

Try it out and watch those screenshots again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom