Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any psychedelic/mindfucking RPG's ?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Konjad said:
Ancient said:
Konjad said:
- Tension the Void

Thank's a TON for reminding of this masterpiece totally forgot about it .

Turgor :love:

If you know Russian or Polish play it in Russian (or Polish translation). English version is not a translation. It's rewritten and very shortened.

Hell, I have to finish this game as well but it's hard as fuck and sooner or later I'm lacking colours (that's not a metaphor in case if anyone wonders).

Darn I need to finish this game as well. I have original copy but never completed it. The game has awesome atmosphere but is, let's say, not very gamey. It plays as an interactive story and is hard as hell. After a long day at college/work I could never bring myself to play it choosing some old classic rpgs over it. It is not something you play to relax, no consolean bullcrap. The title it was sold under in Poland - 'Tension' - really reflects the ambience.

Also It run like last crap on my comp for no apparent reason - stuttering to no end. Well, I'll be buying new machine next week so maybe an opportunity will present itself to experience it as it was supposed to be enjoyed.

CrimHead

Scholar
Torment.

Every thread in GRPG discussion with an OP along the lines of "what's the best RPG for..." could be answered with that one word.

Torment.

Except combat, of course, but if you want deep combat go play some strategy games

DaveO

Erudite
Entomorph seemed fairly odd for an RPG. I do have to warn you that it's an older RPG.

Blackula

Educated
Humanity has risen! said:
Dragon Age for its fantastic Fade section.

Really? I thought it's interracial butt secks was it's strongest feature.

MisterStone

Arcane
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakkhen

Drakkhen was a p. f'ed up game. Among other things, it had weird sound effects, a bizarre plot, all kinds of pointlessly fucked up things (IIRC there are places on the world map where if you simply look at a certain constellation too long a dragon will come down and try to kill you), bizarre music, etc. I never got very far in it, I think because it is possible to break the main quest by accidentally killing the wrong critters. I can't remember much about this, except that it was F'ED UP MAGN.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
CrimHead said:
Torment.

Every thread in GRPG discussion with an OP along the lines of "what's the best RPG for..." could be answered with that one word.

Torment.

Except combat, of course, but if you want deep combat go play some strategy games
What's the best RPG for open world exploration? Dungeon exploration? Playing as a thief? Interacting with objects in the environment? Making choices and observing the consequences? Not Torment.

CrimHead said:
Torment.

Torment.

...how about...titties?

roman.jpg

annah.jpg
towniefemaleangry.jpg

...nvm

mariog

Educated
DaveO said:
Entomorph seemed fairly odd for an RPG. I do have to warn you that it's an older RPG.

Actually, it's more of an adventure game with some RPG elements. I liked it though, the atmosphere was great, and it even had some degree of C&C (albeit minor, IIRC).

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Erzherzog said:
Pathologic mindfucked a ton of Codexers a few years ago.

GOD DAMNIT!
I forgot about that game.

I started on it but i was in the middle of exams so i never finished it.

God damnit....also...how's that retranslation project going?

Other then that, Darkness Within 1, OH and lets not forget Phantasmogoria :smug:

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Oh, and American Mcgee's allice ....

sorry...RPG's i know...

Black

Arcane
deus101 said:
Oh, and American Mcgee's allice ....

sorry...RPG's i know...
It's okay, you play the role of Alice. You have health and stuff.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
American McGee's Alice came with a cool screensaver. Good thing, considering the game sucked.

Also, grow up and take some drugs.

I second Earthbound, give it some time, it'll grow on you if you can get past its kiddy looks. Don't expect anything special gameplay-wise though, it's standard jrpg shit but at least you can speed up the combat with zsnes.

Non-rpg : If you own a 360, get Deadly Premonition, it's dirt cheap and guaranteed to blow your mind. Plus you're likely to laugh a lot.

Yandere

Novice
I'll second (or whatever) Pathologic, The Void, and Demonophobia, even if they have nothing to do with role playing games.

If you can stomach japanese (and anime like) stuff, and having as much as those previous ones to do with playing roles, give Chäos;Head (also known as Chäos;Head Noah) a wirl. A quick way to describe it would be to call it Mindfuck: The Game and leave it be. While the opening videos (XBox, PC, PSP) may have it appear like a harem dating sim with action elements it has no dating sim, no ero, no hentai, no action, and no harem elements at all. It has, however, the most pathetic main character to ever grace gaming (japanese or otherwise), a wide range of wrong-in-the-head characters, and a very long and unique plot that will give you a hard time separating what really happened from what the characters deluded themselves to think was happening even after finishing it. If you know enough about this to recognize 5pb and Nitro+ names you already know the production values and writing are pretty much ace.

If you are interested but lack the google skills to find the translation patch or the game by yourself send me a PM.

And since we are at it give Yume Nikki, The Mirror Lied, or Downfall a wirl too, if you are into indie stuff. Yume Nikki and The Mirror Lied are adventures (as in, point & click without the pointing and clicking) made in RPGMaker. Downfall is a traditional point & click adventure made in AGS or something similar whose name evades me. The three are completely amazing, but they may be an acquired taste.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
phelot said:
Hobo Elf said:
Winter Voices, if you can stomach the shitfest combat.

How is that game?

I was LPing but then I abandoned it due to a lack of interest. Go check the LP forum if you want to know more about the game. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom